Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

"make sure to point to the immigration officer at the port of entry so that he/she stamps your passport for permanent, not conditional, residence."

Very good information, I hope it's still valid. Thank you.

it has been known to happen since the visa says CR1 that some at point of entry says that is how they have to label it, we will make sure when his green card arrives that it is for 10 year if not we just have to send in the form to get it fixed.

I just can't go through ROC its taking almost 2 years it seems lately.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

it has been known to happen since the visa says CR1 that some at point of entry says that is how they have to label it, we will make sure when his green card arrives that it is for 10 year if not we just have to send in the form to get it fixed.

I just can't go through ROC its taking almost 2 years it seems lately.

It'll all make sense soon enough, and your patience will, in shaa Allah, be rewarded.

Timeline
On 11/8/2018 at 10:55 AM, Ayman taha said:

Hello everyone and salam

as some of you may know, I am married to an American citizen, applied in Feb. 2016 and it was smooth until I got my interview scheduled in Jan. 2017 then I have been on AP since then

I got a call from the embassy about a month and a half ago asking me to send them new medical exam, new police certificate, my passport and resubmit the ds-260 online after they reopened it for me

i did that then once they received it they sent an email asking me to schedule an email, it was confusing because it was one of their molded emails like the thing u wud get from NVC so I emailed them and they said it is for retaking the oath (I guess it is since I resubmitted the ds-260) I scheduled it and attended last Sunday and the African American small cheerful man told me congratulations and that I will have my passport via aramex in two weeks after making me swear that the data is correct

got one update that day and another yesterday but nothing serious  

i hope this gives you some hope :) prayers for everyone including myself

hang on there

Good luck wish u the best. 

Timeline

it seems like things at the Embassy in Egypt are moving along for marriage visas. a lot of approvals on recent cases and the are reopening old cases? giving me up as we submitted all of our docs to nvc and just waiting for approval and transfer to the embassy in Cairo  and an interview date. please keep us updated as you all hear good news inshallah :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone  I had my interview first of October and CO ask me after interview family Registration and tell me send it to embassy With my passport and then updated twice in the same week and administrative proceedings until now since my interview one month now   any experience about 

thanks for your help 

Timeline
On 11/8/2018 at 11:55 AM, Ayman taha said:

Hello everyone and salam

as some of you may know, I am married to an American citizen, applied in Feb. 2016 and it was smooth until I got my interview scheduled in Jan. 2017 then I have been on AP since then

I got a call from the embassy about a month and a half ago asking me to send them new medical exam, new police certificate, my passport and resubmit the ds-260 online after they reopened it for me

i did that then once they received it they sent an email asking me to schedule an email, it was confusing because it was one of their molded emails like the thing u wud get from NVC so I emailed them and they said it is for retaking the oath (I guess it is since I resubmitted the ds-260) I scheduled it and attended last Sunday and the African American small cheerful man told me congratulations and that I will have my passport via aramex in two weeks after making me swear that the data is correct

got one update that day and another yesterday but nothing serious  

i hope this gives you some hope :) prayers for everyone including myself

hang on there

They will never tell you congratulations if they will reject it. So be patient more patient brother you are done from these processes.and I want to welcome you to America in sha Allah very soon.  Sometimes once you resubmit all the documents they need it will issue in two weeks up to 6 or 8 weeks. Don’t worry in sha Allah khier. 

Timeline
On 11/11/2018 at 9:30 AM, Look-Beyond said:

Update - it's been awhile I have not been here sense returning from Egypt in early 2018. Our case was logged back in to USCIS 5-15-18
Today marks our 180th day and still waiting for NOIR paperwork
Senator's office said we wont hear anything from Texas service center until early 2019

That is not true they only have 180 days to give you a respond and that means requesting more evidence,but by telling you next year that doesn’t make any sense.I’m sorry that you have to go through all of that. Wish for you guys the best. 

Timeline
On 11/12/2018 at 1:46 PM, Super Uber said:

Can you clarify? I know that a visa issued in the IR1 category has an expiration of 1 month; that is, you must travel to the U.S within one month of its issuance. I'm not sure about CR1, but I think that's your case's category, so what's the validity of the visa here?

Also, what is an ROC?

Sometimes they give a month up to 6 months in both IR1/CR1

Timeline
On 11/12/2018 at 2:01 PM, Khallaf said:

My husbands medical was in Aug, when his visa was issued it had an expiration date 6 months from the date of his medical. we got married Jan 31, 2017 so if he comes into USA 2 years after he will get an 10 year green card so even though we applied for CR1 visa it all depends on the time he arrives in USA if he gets a 10 year green card. if his visa were to expire before our 2 year and he was forced into USA before he would only hold a 2 year conditional green card and we would have to pay ROC removing of conditions so he could get the 10 year green card. His visa does not expire until Feb 7, 2019....so he will enter into USA on Feb 1st 2019 this will give him a 10 year green card and then after being in USA for 3 years we can file for his citizenship.

All visas have an expiration date of 6 months from the date of the medical, if the visa is issued after 5 months of the medical that would explain a 1 month until expiration date.

I will never recommend that. He needs to enter the US and then deal with ROC. This is what I will do if I am in your husband shoes.

and I will tell you why? 

When they issued the visa that means you needs to leave. Then they will ask their selfs why he enter the US late??? And then they will say it’s about the visa?? He has the right to enter the US with his visa. But they will question him why you didn’t come during this time? Plus when he will apply for SSN and Green card it will takes around a month to three months and by that his visa will be expired and if any police officers stopped him it will be an issue. If he wants to go to hospital it will be an issue. Do you know he can work with his visa and also get a driver license until he get the green card and ssn . But if his visa expired he has to stay home. 

Edited by Halalbrother

Timeline
Just now, Halalbrother said:

I will never recommend that. He needs to enter the US and then deal with ROC. This is what I will do if I am in your husband shoes.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Halalbrother said:

and I will tell you why? 

When they issued the visa that means you needs to leave. Then they will ask their selfs why he enter the US late??? And then they will say it’s about the visa?? He has the right to enter the US with his visa. But they will question him why you didn’t come during this time? Plus when he will apply for SSN and Green card it will takes around a month to three months and by that his visa will be expired and if any police officers stopped him it will be an issue. If he wants to go to hospital it will be an issue. Do you know he can work with his visa and also get a driver license until he get the green card and ssn . But if his visa expired he has to stay home. 

his brother is getting married end of Jan, and his I-94 stamp serves as his temp green card for a year..you can do as you wish.

I just about everyone else I talk to would recommend the same as we are doing.

Timeline
On 11/15/2018 at 11:29 PM, db2016 said:

it seems like things at the Embassy in Egypt are moving along for marriage visas. a lot of approvals on recent cases and the are reopening old cases? giving me up as we submitted all of our docs to nvc and just waiting for approval and transfer to the embassy in Cairo  and an interview date. please keep us updated as you all hear good news inshallah :)

Good luck for you guys.

On 11/18/2018 at 8:10 AM, Zeco said:

Hello everyone  I had my interview first of October and CO ask me after interview family Registration and tell me send it to embassy With my passport and then updated twice in the same week and administrative proceedings until now since my interview one month now   any experience about 

thanks for your help 

This is a normal process just be patient.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

his brother is getting married end of Jan, and his I-94 stamp serves as his temp green card for a year..you can do as you wish.

I just about everyone else I talk to would recommend the same as we are doing.

I never see them considering about attending wedding. But it’s you guys decision. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Halalbrother said:

I never see them considering about attending wedding. But it’s you guys decision. 

with the I-94 servicing as the temp green card for a year he will not have to stay home he can get a DL and apply for a SSN.

I am not at all worried that we are waiting 5 days before the expiration of his visa before he travels.

I could take a poll, and 99% would say they would also wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.