Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 1/19/2019 at 2:33 PM, Ayman taha said:

I got my visa few weeks ago el7amdulellah after two years of AP, they were late as usual after calling me but better late than never ..

i wish everyone all the luck in this scary exhausting process

Hi Ayman congratulations finally u got it ... Good luck best wishes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 1/20/2019 at 12:00 AM, Ayman taha said:

Thank you so much, I wish you and everyone all the best as well

i don’t know ... and I guess no one will ever know ...

Every time you think this is their worst, you find or hear worse 

God help us 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, GegeAli said:

Hi Ayman congratulations finally u got it ... Good luck best wishes.

Thank you so much

you too

2 minutes ago, Jerooz said:

God help us 

Ameen!

always

Edited by Ayman taha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Timeline
On 1/19/2019 at 3:33 PM, Ayman taha said:

I got my visa few weeks ago el7amdulellah after two years of AP, they were late as usual after calling me but better late than never ..

i wish everyone all the luck in this scary exhausting process

Mabroook ya basha, Wish for you a great life with your family.   if you need anything just let me know.

On 1/20/2019 at 5:58 AM, Super Uber said:

Hey everyone,

Congrats ya @Ayman taha.

I've also been called to send in my passport and other documents and get my visa. I responded with withdrawing the case because we're married after their over 2 years of Administrative Processing.

Ridiculous, I know!

But technically I got my visa, yay! :D

Thanks for your support everyone.

Congratulations, I'm happy for you guys. wish for you the best.

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and was hoping to get some advice from those who have been through (or are currently going through) the process of Administrative Processing on a K-1 Visa. 
I am the US Citizen Sponsor and my fiancé is the beneficiary in Egypt.  

Here is our timeline:

2/20/19 - My fiancé completes interview in Cairo.  APPROVED, and given letter saying "Congratulations, you are approved and will receive passport in 2 weeks"  They kept my fiancé's passport and did fingerprints and kept all documents (medical, police certificate, etc).

2/20/19 - Case is in Administrative Processing until 3/5/19 

3/5/19 - My fiancé receives an email requesting that additional information be provided.  (Travel History, Names of Brothers/Sisters, Work History, Social Media, Residence)

As of today (4/5/19) it is still in Administrative Processing.  We know that it can usually take up to 60 days for finalizing, and there are no issues because my fiancé has never been married, no children, has never traveled anywhere, has lived in the same home for over 10 years, and has only had one place of employment.  My fiancé does have a family name that is very common in Egypt, so we are thinking this may be the reason (and of course the standard security checks they need to do).  Has anyone else had a similar experience or know of a similar experience that they can share?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!  And best wishes to everyone going through this process.

Thank you.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Halalbrother said:

Mabroook ya basha, Wish for you a great life with your family.   if you need anything just let me know.

Congratulations, I'm happy for you guys. wish for you the best.

ALLAH ybarek fek 😄

thank you so much

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2019 at 4:19 PM, sandiego2013 said:

Hello everyone,

Just want to let you know that, after being in AP over 3 years at US Embassy in Cairo and 2 years in I-130 approval processing at USCIS. We have decided to file a Write Mandamus and APA lawsuit case against the US Governments and its Officers. Alhamdulilal, we finally filed our strong case at The District Court in Washington DC 30 days ago, the lawsuit case took a place against multiple government agencies and US officers including the US Embassy in Cairo. Everyone got served 14 days ago and they should have to give their answer to the judge within 60 days from the day they got served. Basically we waiting for another 45 days from now.

I will let y'all know inshAllah as soon as we get updates on our case.

Please don't forget us from your pray.

Thank you

Hi,

Did you hear about your writ? Did you get your visa?

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all,

My husband had his CR-1 interview in March, which I attended with him. He was approved the day of and was told/given a paper stating he would receive his visa in 2 weeks. It has now been almost 2 months with no visa, passport is with the US embassy as it was taken the day of. Also, the status on CEAC never changed. It remained "Ready" even after the interview, until yesterday when it turned to AP. This is the first time the status changed, the dates have changed and there has been some movement, but the status has remained the same as "Ready".

Does anyone know what this means? Is it possible his visa will go to issued soon? or did they just remember to change the status?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 5/13/2019 at 11:06 AM, db2016 said:

Hi all,

My husband had his CR-1 interview in March, which I attended with him. He was approved the day of and was told/given a paper stating he would receive his visa in 2 weeks. It has now been almost 2 months with no visa, passport is with the US embassy as it was taken the day of. Also, the status on CEAC never changed. It remained "Ready" even after the interview, until yesterday when it turned to AP. This is the first time the status changed, the dates have changed and there has been some movement, but the status has remained the same as "Ready".

Does anyone know what this means? Is it possible his visa will go to issued soon? or did they just remember to change the status?

Hey,

It has been a couple of days since you posted this, has he received the visa yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.