Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Halalbrother said:

They will never tell you congratulations if they will reject it. So be patient more patient brother you are done from these processes.and I want to welcome you to America in sha Allah very soon.  Sometimes once you resubmit all the documents they need it will issue in two weeks up to 6 or 8 weeks. Don’t worry in sha Allah khier. 

InshaALLAH ... we will see

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone have experience here
  after my interview with the CO gave me a white paper and ask me Family registration  With my passport I sent  it 

what this means, please tell me no accept or rejection

I am still waiting for 45 days  AP  Thank you for all 

Timeline
On 11/23/2018 at 7:39 AM, Zeco said:

Hello everyone have experience here
  after my interview with the CO gave me a white paper and ask me Family registration  With my passport I sent  it 

what this means, please tell me no accept or rejection

I am still waiting for 45 days  AP  Thank you for all 

Hi Zeco, 

Sounds like you are on AP.  The Embassy is conducting additional background checks before they will approve your visa.  To my knowledge your visa is neither rejected nor approved at this point. 

When was your interview? So to clarify, the embassy has your passport?  

We also had a similar situation. After my husband's interview he was given a paper to fill out also. Then he was told to send this paper and passport to the embassy. This was a little over four months ago and we continue to wait. We have not heard anything new from the embassy. His interview was July 22, 2018. Still no word from the embassy. We had hoped he would be home this month. When we message the embassy they just say it is still processing. 

On 11/28/2018 at 11:56 AM, Zeco said:

Yes, I sent the family registration and passport to the embassy as they asked to me
I am now waiting two months after the interview AP

We also had a similar situation. After my husband's interview he was given a paper to fill out also. Then he was told to send this paper and passport to the embassy. This was a little over four months ago and we continue to wait. We have not heard anything new from the embassy. His interview was July 22, 2018. Still no word from the embassy. We had hoped he would be home this month. When we message the embassy they just say it is still processing. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/28/2018 at 10:56 AM, Zeco said:

Yes, I sent the family registration and passport to the embassy as they asked to me
I am now waiting two months after the interview AP

When was there last an update on CEAC, and does it still say immigrant visa at the top when you check the status?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

When was there last an update on CEAC, and does it still say immigrant visa at the top when you check the status?

yes still say immigrant visa at the top and 3 update and last upd 28 oct what about you khallaf

Edited by Zeco

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Zeco said:

yes still say immigrant visa at the top and 3 update and last upd 28 oct what about you khallaf

when did you send in the family registration?

and on the update does it still say Administrative processing? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

when did you send in the family registration?

and on the update does it still say Administrative processing? 

Interviewed October 2 and sent the family registration 11 and say Administrative processing

what do you think ?!!

Timeline
Just now, Zeco said:

Interviewed October 2 and sent the family registration 11 and say Administrative processing

what do you think ?!!

since you sent in the family registration on 10/11/18 they last updated it 10/28, personally I would send an email to find out the status, if they tell you its still in processing that is good.

were there any red flags in your case? age difference? how many times did you meet? when you sent in pictures did you send any pictures of the two of you at an engagement party?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

since you sent in the family registration on 10/11/18 they last updated it 10/28, personally I would send an email to find out the status, if they tell you its still in processing that is good.

were there any red flags in your case? age difference? how many times did you meet? when you sent in pictures did you send any pictures of the two of you at an engagement party?

10 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

There is no red flag meeting three times age good about pictures yes Do you think rejection or what?  what about your case?

Edited by Zeco

Timeline

when you say age is good, I assume there is no major age gap more than 10 years. 

In the engagement photos, what were you wearing?

I ask this because in Mena countries sending in engagement photos, the CO could believe you are too married for a K1, please understand this does happen often. When the CEAC status gets updated, and it goes from immigrant to non immigrant that is when you can get excited.

in my case, I got married to my husband in Egypt, Egypt embassy is notoriously hard to pass through, some have no problem others struggle.

I had been previously married 2 times before, and had an immigration past, as my ex was also from another country.

we sat in AP for 48 days, they finally called my husband to ask for him to send his passport in, 10 days later he had his passport back and visa inside, he got this on the day I arrived on my last trip in October. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Zeco said:

I really feel a little frustrated and I wish to be with my love soon and I hear good news

most AP cases get resolved within 60-90 days after receiving back the information they requested, if they still have your passport that is a good sign however they could send it back anytime.

I know that it is frustrating, and I know that it is a long wait. My husband still is not home, we made the decision for him to arrive the day after our 2nd year anniversary so that he will be granted the 10 year green card, as his visa does not expire till Feb 7th, 2019.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

most AP cases get resolved within 60-90 days after receiving back the information they requested, if they still have your passport that is a good sign however they could send it back anytime.

I know that it is frustrating, and I know that it is a long wait. My husband still is not home, we made the decision for him to arrive the day after our 2nd year anniversary so that he will be granted the 10 year green card, as his visa does not expire till Feb 7th, 2019.

I'm really happy to hear this very GOOD Congratulations
When was an interview
What about your husband's interview ? and additional documents for him

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.