Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 hours ago, Super Uber said:

Hey Everyone,

I hope you all had a good Eid!

Let me tell you the summarization of this entire AP story:

Trump took office > initiated several attacks on legal immigration > resulted in departmental confusion and additional delays in ALL immigration departments, this includes the following: USCIS, NVC, and DHS.

Check recent news; if he's causing further delay (of several additional months) for citizenship applicants, what do you think will happen with immigrants abroad?

We're essentially the least of priorities for these immigration authorities. We are at the very bottom of the backlogs.

Look, this isn't meant to upset you or make you miserable .. this is meant as an eye opener because this is the new reality, unfortunately.

All couples here must quickly adjust to this new reality: live together and ignore the immigration process altogether, until AP is uplifted.

I know it'll be hard for some, and impossible for others, but it's the only option ahead.

This is all coming from someone who has faced the hardest of choices and the worst of consequences due to AP process, literally.

I will reveal certain things in the right time, but for now, I just gave you the best advice there is.

In shaa Allah khair for everyone.

100% Truth here... Same boat 27 months in AP with his passport  held at Embassey only to be sent back to US for what  they say was because it stayed in AP for too long.  So now it requires them to reaffirm it.. looking at another 8 months at best... if we're lucky.. total nightmare!

event.png

Timeline
56 minutes ago, mosha1972 said:

100% Truth here... Same boat 27 months in AP with his passport  held at Embassey only to be sent back to US for what  they say was because it stayed in AP for too long.  So now it requires them to reaffirm it.. looking at another 8 months at best... if we're lucky.. total nightmare!

OMG !! You were denied and sent back to uscis?!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
5 hours ago, Khallaf said:

I do not believe that at all, I believe there have been policy changes, however I do believe there are certain duches at the embassy that also feel need to speculate on a theory with no proof.

I don't know which part you don't believe, but believe whatever you want, really, anything goes. The entire process is vague and ambiguous at best (not always though). So, whether you agree with me or not, what you said doesn't necessarily contradict it.

However, what I said stems from consistent anecdotal reports as well as an insider view.

Also, consider all news reports about immigration reports since trump took office, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Another issue is that the administration in the immigration unit has been changed twice at least in the past year, in Cairo's Embassy, which caused extra confusion and mishap.

I have my proofs, and I always support my theories and opinions with strong evidence. :)

Timeline
4 hours ago, mosha1972 said:

Have you attempted to reapply and restart the process again? Sometimes this is the best route, especially when they say "Expired" or whatever.

I don't know what exactly happened with you, but if you can summarize everything from beginning to end, perhaps I can shed some light.

Timeline

Hi All,

It has been a while since i have been on here. I just received an RFE today regarding my husband's i-130a. We did submit this with the application. Everything was filled out correctly. The only thing I can think may be the issue is that he did not sign it, but the form does say if he lives outside of the US he does not need to sign. So not sure if I should have him sign it, send it to me and then send it to them again?

Also, i mistakenly included a copy of his old passport, should I include the new one when I send the RFE or not? They did not ask for it. But I was thinking of sending it as a precautionary measure.

Thanks so much!

Timeline
2 hours ago, db2016 said:

Hi All,

It has been a while since i have been on here. I just received an RFE today regarding my husband's i-130a. We did submit this with the application. Everything was filled out correctly. The only thing I can think may be the issue is that he did not sign it, but the form does say if he lives outside of the US he does not need to sign. So not sure if I should have him sign it, send it to me and then send it to them again?

Also, i mistakenly included a copy of his old passport, should I include the new one when I send the RFE or not? They did not ask for it. But I was thinking of sending it as a precautionary measure.

Thanks so much!

Hi there,

I remember you, I think you withdrew your K1 and reapplying for I-130 right?

Anyway, if your spouse is not in the U.S, then sign it on his behalf, for all I care you can just write his name in place of signature, or even imitate it, as long as you have his/her consent.

Note: you should ALWAYS sign all documents sent.

Also, the RFE will tell you exactly what the issue is or what is needed. You didn't make that clear.

If the RFE just said "Form I-130a" or something like that, then it may have not been sent to begin with, or may have been lost. Just comply with the RFE, it's not a bad sign to have an RFE. Your case is just moving forward.

With regards to the old passport copy, send them the new passport copy and include a cover letter and highlight this exact issue, especially if both passport numbers are a mismatch .. and if it doesn't work, you can always bring it to the officer's attention during your interview, nothing is wrong with either cases, but better in the U.S. now, than later.

All case paperwork depend on the validity and correctness of your documents, especially a passport.

Additionally, I think they'd only tell you if the passport has a problem if it has expired, other than that they won't know anything until you tell them specifically what the issue is.

In shaa Allah Khair for both of you.

Edited by Super Uber

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

Hi there,

I remember you, I think you withdrew your K1 and reapplying for I-130 right?

Anyway, if your spouse is not in the U.S, then sign it on his behalf, for all I care you can just write his name in place of signature, or even imitate it, as long as you have his/her consent.

Note: you should ALWAYS sign all documents sent.

Also, the RFE will tell you exactly what the issue is or what is needed. You didn't make that clear.

If the RFE just said "Form I-130a" or something like that, then it may have not been sent to begin with, or may have been lost. Just comply with the RFE, it's not a bad sign to have an RFE. Your case is just moving forward.

With regards to the old passport copy, send them the new passport copy and include a cover letter and highlight this exact issue, especially if both passport numbers are a mismatch .. and if it doesn't work, you can always bring it to the officer's attention during your interview, nothing is wrong with either cases, but better in the U.S. now, than later.

All case paperwork depend on the validity and correctness of your documents, especially a passport.

Additionally, I think they'd only tell you if the passport has a problem if it has expired, other than that they won't know anything until you tell them specifically what the issue is.

In shaa Allah Khair for both of you.

he is going to sign it and mail it to me to be on the safe side. I dont want to risk signing on his behalf.

With regards to the passport, I was told by another member that at the NVC stage we can update his passport. Anyone who went through the NVC stage of CR-1 know if there is an option to put new passport info?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, db2016 said:

he is going to sign it and mail it to me to be on the safe side. I dont want to risk signing on his behalf.

With regards to the passport, I was told by another member that at the NVC stage we can update his passport. Anyone who went through the NVC stage of CR-1 know if there is an option to put new passport info?

Nothing is going to go wrong with the signature, I was just telling you the easy way to do it. I've seen countless people do it, and they're all fine. You can also have him sign it, scan it, then email it and you can just print it out. black ink is fine for signatures. Really, it's just that easy and simple.

That is unless you want to pay hefty costs for sending a couple of form documents.

I don't know about the NVC part of this, but you can look it up on the forums and see. But the information I gave is also correct and accurate.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/30/2018 at 2:40 AM, db2016 said:

Regard the Signature as Super uber said is fine to sign on behalf or all option he mentioned works .

for NVC  Yes you can send or upload the updated passport bio page its one of requirement for the NVC stage depending if you are going be a pivot or non pivot , Pivot means you can upload online all required documents to NVC non pivot means you have to snail mail all documents required. 

Timeline
On 9/20/2018 at 2:13 AM, chasity017 said:

Anyone hear anything new??? We are still waiting. No news still

Same here, they only updated the case date thing twice after 5 months of nothing

Timeline
37 minutes ago, chasity017 said:

Yeah we haven’t had any updates either.

Nothing on my side either.

I had a friend who's case has been moved forward recently, after over 2 years of waiting. But that's a different story altogether.

Have you recently checked the news? trump wants to increase the poverty guidelines for immigrants, making it much harder for any, but mostly some, of us. Long story short, when you apply for anything immigration-wise and you need sponsorship, they'll be more inclined to approved the wealthier.

So, for those like me expecting to get on a K1 visa then apply for AOS later, this may come into play as a determining factor for the application.

It's only being discussed now, so let's hope it'll never come to pass.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Super Uber said:

Nothing on my side either.

I had a friend who's case has been moved forward recently, after over 2 years of waiting. But that's a different story altogether.

Have you recently checked the news? trump wants to increase the poverty guidelines for immigrants, making it much harder for any, but mostly some, of us. Long story short, when you apply for anything immigration-wise and you need sponsorship, they'll be more inclined to approved the wealthier.

So, for those like me expecting to get on a K1 visa then apply for AOS later, this may come into play as a determining factor for the application.

It's only being discussed now, so let's hope it'll never come to pass.

Yeah I have heard about it but this is kinda out of our concern now

they need to lose this coming election, they should before they make more damage

Timeline
13 hours ago, Ayman taha said:

Yeah I have heard about it but this is kinda out of our concern now

they need to lose this coming election, they should before they make more damage

hi all, i am very fresh in my CR1, we just got approved. After it is sent to NVC what are the things we need to prepare and do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.