Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

our journey has finally come to an end!

AP in 56 days and now out and moving on.

Good luck everyone will have good news sooner

Inshallah 

what happened :D

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone finally my wait is over for my 221g today after 1 month 19 days of my interview and 1 month 10 days after i submitted my documents today the status on ceac website changed to issued. I hope all of you soon receive a similar news regarding the same.. it was a long journey but one worth it.. also I would like to thank all the members who gave me support and courage in this time

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

First of all,  I am so grateful to find such a strong support group.  You do not know this but everyone in this forum have given me hope in times of frustration and I hope to also help others by sharing our experience.    I am an American Citizen and filed for K1 visa for my Fiancé.   We have been waiting for almost 3 months now.  He had his interview on July 18 and was placed on AP.   

On October 29, his CEAC status changed to "Non Immigrant Visa , Application Ready" (I read this is a normal process - changing from Immigrant to Non Immgrant, then it will change again to Immigrant VIsa once his status is updated. But no update since Oct 29) .  He also received an email from the US Embassy in Cairo to send them his passport  through Aramex.  We sent it on Nov 4. 

Has anybody been asked to send their passport and what was the result?  I read on other forums that the Embassy can hold the passport for months without any updates. 

Any information helps! Thank you!

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Taroush said:

Hi Everyone, 

First of all,  I am so grateful to find such a strong support group.  You do not know this but everyone in this forum have given me hope in times of frustration and I hope to also help others by sharing our experience.    I am an American Citizen and filed for K1 visa for my Fiancé.   We have been waiting for almost 3 months now.  He had his interview on July 18 and was placed on AP.   

On October 29, his CEAC status changed to "Non Immigrant Visa , Application Ready" (I read this is a normal process - changing from Immigrant to Non Immgrant, then it will change again to Immigrant VIsa once his status is updated. But no update since Oct 29) .  He also received an email from the US Embassy in Cairo to send them his passport  through Aramex.  We sent it on Nov 4. 

Has anybody been asked to send their passport and what was the result?  I read on other forums that the Embassy can hold the passport for months without any updates. 

From what I have been reading for the last three years, i think you are done with the process and he will be issued very soon by GOD’s will

the change for immigrant to non immigrant is a definite sign in my knowledge plus they don’t really ask for the passport unless they are done 

So I will be telling you congratulations but cautiously because the rule is, it is not over until it is over and your visa is in hand and you are inside the states 

btw did the case creation date (first date on CEAC) change as well this last time?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ayman taha said:

From what I have been reading for the last three years, i think you are done with the process and he will be issued very soon by GOD’s will

the change for immigrant to non immigrant is a definite sign in my knowledge plus they don’t really ask for the passport unless they are done 

So I will be telling you congratulations but cautiously because the rule is, it is not over until it is over and your visa is in hand and you are inside the states 

btw did the case creation date (first date on CEAC) change as well this last time?

I hope so too Ayman!  Yes, the case creation changed from May 11, 2018 (I believe this is when the US Embassy in Cairo received the approved I-129F) to  October 29, 2018 (same as status update date).

What is the status on your case?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Taroush said:

I hope so too Ayman!  Yes, the case creation changed from May 11, 2018 (I believe this is when the US Embassy in Cairo received the approved I-129F) to  October 29, 2018 (same as status update date).

What is the status on your case?

Well congratulations then I am pretty sure you are done

Timeline

Hello everyone and salam

as some of you may know, I am married to an American citizen, applied in Feb. 2016 and it was smooth until I got my interview scheduled in Jan. 2017 then I have been on AP since then

I got a call from the embassy about a month and a half ago asking me to send them new medical exam, new police certificate, my passport and resubmit the ds-260 online after they reopened it for me

i did that then once they received it they sent an email asking me to schedule an email, it was confusing because it was one of their molded emails like the thing u wud get from NVC so I emailed them and they said it is for retaking the oath (I guess it is since I resubmitted the ds-260) I scheduled it and attended last Sunday and the African American small cheerful man told me congratulations and that I will have my passport via aramex in two weeks after making me swear that the data is correct

got one update that day and another yesterday but nothing serious  

i hope this gives you some hope :) prayers for everyone including myself

hang on there

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Ayman taha said:

Hello everyone and salam

as some of you may know, I am married to an American citizen, applied in Feb. 2016 and it was smooth until I got my interview scheduled in Jan. 2017 then I have been on AP since then

I got a call from the embassy about a month and a half ago asking me to send them new medical exam, new police certificate, my passport and resubmit the ds-260 online after they reopened it for me

i did that then once they received it they sent an email asking me to schedule an email, it was confusing because it was one of their molded emails like the thing u wud get from NVC so I emailed them and they said it is for retaking the oath (I guess it is since I resubmitted the ds-260) I scheduled it and attended last Sunday and the African American small cheerful man told me congratulations and that I will have my passport via aramex in two weeks after making me swear that the data is correct

hang on there

That is some good news, Ayman!

In shaa Allah, you'll get through this very soon. Looks like you have been on AP for a very long time, almost 2 years now.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Super Uber said:

That is some good news, Ayman!

In shaa Allah, you'll get through this very soon. Looks like you have been on AP for a very long time, almost 2 years now.

Yeah 22 months

thank you

again I pray for all of us ... all the time

Timeline
2 hours ago, Super Uber said:

Now that I'm thinking about it, I think it's more like 24 months for me.

In shaa Allah khair!

Yeah I know ... u r two months more than me ...

i am sorry stay on top of them and it will be over soon I hope InshaAllah 

Timeline
On 11/8/2018 at 7:52 AM, Taroush said:

Hi Everyone, 

it took about a week from when they asked for my husbands passport for the CEAC to say issued, and 2 days later got the text to come to aramex to pick up his package.

23 hours ago, Ayman taha said:

Hello everyone and salam

hang on there

YEAH!!!...you will have it 2 days after it says issued. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

it took about a week from when they asked for my husbands passport for the CEAC to say issued, and 2 days later got the text to come to aramex to pick up his package.

I hope so, we will see

Timeline
7 hours ago, Khallaf said:

Thanks so much for sharing this! You just gave us a lot of hope 😊  Is your husband here in the US now?

Timeline
On 11/8/2018 at 10:55 AM, Ayman taha said:

Hello everyone and salam

hang on there

That is great news Ayman!  IsA you will be on your way to pick up your passport soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.