BlArn

K1 June 2016 Filers

1,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

3 weeks to interview :P waiting. Congrats for all approvels. We might get denied for my opinion, we dont have a proper support, he just started to the job his brother is supporting his nieces and it will be 4 with me so i dont know if his income will be enough. I dont know, if we get denied we are gonna try it later, so he can be support to me. :) Or maybe my embassy wont mind a couple thousand missing income and they will say ok aprroved. we will see. Good luck to you all.

Maybe he won't need his brother for a sponsor. How much did he make according to his past year tax records?

I'm asking because I was talking to another guy on the plane.(Going to his interview) He was worried about the same thing. We went over his numbers he actually was well over the 125% requirements. He was approved, Didn't even bother showing is pay check stubs. Just showed his tax documents.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Maybe he won't need his brother for a sponsor. How much did he make according to his past year tax records?

I'm asking because I was talking to another guy on the plane.(Going to his interview) He was worried about the same thing. We went over his numbers he actually was well over the 125% requirements. He was approved, Didn't even bother showing is pay check stubs. Just showed his tax documents.

last tax file was like 2 years ago he said. after he quit his job, he didnt file for one, he sold some computers on internet, fixing the broken ones and selling it with a little bit higher price. Last year we were all together, he didnt work at all, he came near me stayed with me 3 months and go back, it was middle of the season that's why he couldnt find a job. Now he got one job but not enough income. I hope everything will be ok. Nothing i can do right now.

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Had my interview on Monday and just picked up my passport this morning! Booking my flights for Monday ?? It's been a long journey, wishing everyone here a happy future with your loved ones. Thank you for everything ?

Enroute tonight to Manila to pick up Yuni and son, it's been an interesting journey and appears to be winding down this phase, I am looking forward to the next stage

Wolfie, have you received your docs back from the consulate? We are super anxious. Its been a really long process and we are exhausted emotionally and physically. How are you guys feeling at this point? Does it get suddenly better after the approval?

I'm just dying to get that message from her on the 22nd saying she was approved. :)

They asked for the birth certificates, i134 and proof of support, criminal records (in brazil federal and for each state your fiance lived at), ds160 (the sheet with the bar code, divorce decree and I think thats all, you might want to bring all you can though, like they say, the more the merrier. I got alot of paper back. I hope everything goes as smoothly for you as it were for me.

06/23/2016 I-129F sent, 06/27/16 NOA1 Electronic, 06/30/16 NOA1 Paper

08/25/2016 RFE Electronic, 08/29/2016 RFE Paper, 09/07/2016 RFE Corrections Received

09/15/2016 NOA2 Electronic, 09/07/2016 NOA2 Paper

09/30/2016 NVC Received, 10/04/2016 NVC Case number assigned

10/26/2016 Medical exams

11/22/2016 Interview - APPROVED!

11/28/2016 Visa/Passport shipped (Via Brazil Postal Service)

12/01/2016 Visa/Passport received, 12/02/2016 POE DFW, 12/14/2016 Married

02/24/2017 i485 sent

03/15/2017 NOA1

03/24/2017 RFE

03/31/2017 RFE Response Received

04/12/2017 Biometrics

07/07/2017 EAD produced, 07/11/2017 mailed, 07/14/2017 Received

02/14/2028 RFE, 03/06/2018 Response received

03/07/2018 i485 Approved! No interview. 03/12/2018 Paper NOA received, no SMS notification.

03/15/2018 2 year Green Card Received!!!

02/07/2020 i751 sent

02/12/2020 Paper NOA sent for i751

06/21/2021 Interview notice letter

07/29/2021 Interview

07/30/2021 Approved!

08/05/2021 10 Year GC received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

Question: Our POE is in IAH (in Houston). Anybody has any experience there? We tried to get a longer layover there but we could not find anything. So all the have is an hour before the next flight. I anticipate that we might miss our connection to OKC but at least he will be in the US!!

Question: Our POE is in IAH (in Houston). Anybody has any experience there? We tried to get a longer layover there but we could not find anything. So all the have is an hour before the next flight. I anticipate that we might miss our connection to OKC but at least he will be in the US!!

IAH is a very busy airport, I avoided it and went to Dallas which is known for easier and more organized K1 processing, and then flew to Houston. One hour is very little time, because you'll have to go through immigration, collect your luggage and check it in again and then find your next flight. You should check if there are any other flights that same day later to OKC, if so, they will rebook you so no worries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

IAH is a very busy airport, I avoided it and went to Dallas which is known for easier and more organized K1 processing, and then flew to Houston. One hour is very little time, because you'll have to go through immigration, collect your luggage and check it in again and then find your next flight. You should check if there are any other flights that same day later to OKC, if so, they will rebook you so no worries.

I did not want him to go through DC or Chicago. I was told that IAH was smaller than those ones. I guess I was wrong. It will be getting there around 5 or so. Hopefully less incoming international flights then. He is not checking any luggage which might end up saving us time. If all fails, and he miss his connection to OKC, I am flying to meet him in Houston (I know..lol). We can kill time until next flight.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have our interview on Dec 20th, delayed as we had to obtain police clearances from other countries which takes 4 weeks or longer.

Congratulations to everyone who's completed the process!

Any insight on how quickly the visa and passport get returned after interviews in Manila? I'm wondering if January 4 is being optimistic.

Luckily I live in San Francisco so no connecting flight worries when Daisy arrives :)

Edited by JonathanDaisy

I entered earlier today through JFK in New York and had no issues at all. Took around an hour to be processed though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I entered the US yesterday through the Houlton, Maine land crossing. Took about 30 minutes! I was expecting much longer but they were really pleased with how organized the vehicle (not imported) was packed with a matching complete inventory list, and how my paperwork was organized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.