BlArn

K1 June 2016 Filers

1,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not stupid at all. You need to schedule her interview and pre-register for medical. To schedule the interview you need to have her pay the $265 at BPI and get a receipt number, you need to print out a deposit slip and she needs to present her passport. In about 4 hours the embassy has received receipt. You also need to fill out the ds-160 online. After the dis-160 is filled out go to ustraveldocs.com and fill out the interview request. Once you have that go to SLEC.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml and pre register for medical you need to pay attention at each site for requirements, make sure you have at least a week between medical and interview, if she has kids, repeat the process for each

Good luck

Thanks Randy! I also have another problem because I just started working last June as a Nurse, so I don't have income tax return/W2s yet. I do have electronic pay stubs and statement of employment. Do you know if the Manila Embassy is strict with this matter?

Edited by Mftin

Thanks Randy! I also have another problem because I just started working last June as a Nurse, so I don't have income tax return/W2s yet. I do have electronic pay stubs and statement of employment. Do you know if the Manila Embassy is strict with this matter?

I do not know about that, but I have heard the Manila embassy is rather slack in asking for financial documents. I would make sure you have a letter of employment from you job as well as every pay stub available. Perhaps a copy of your student transcripts to show you were unable to work due to school obligations

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Good night everybody.

Our packet left NVC today!!! FINALLY!

and would like to ask if anybody here knows how tl track your case with dhl webpage.

I already try the way that is posted here on Vj and it didn't work. It's still possible to track it this way?

I would be grateful if anybody reply. We feel kind of ignorated everytime we come over here.

Thank u since now!

Good night everybody.

Our packet left NVC today!!! FINALLY!

and would like to ask if anybody here knows how tl track your case with dhl webpage.

I already try the way that is posted here on Vj and it didn't work. It's still possible to track it this way?

I would be grateful if anybody reply. We feel kind of ignorated everytime we come over here.

Thank u since now!

Yes it still works. I've tried with mine and I didn't have any problems with it. Have you tried playing around with the dates? My case left on Sept 14, and in the DHL page I set it as Sept 12

K1 Visa Journey!

California Service Center

13 July 2016 - sent K1 petition

25 July 2016 - NOA1 letter (notice date 19 July 2016)

31 August 2016 - NOA2 approved! (USCIS website)(43 days from NOA1)

10 November 2016 - K1 Visa interview APPROVED!

AOS Journey!

23 February 2017 - sent AOS + EAD application

27 February 2017 - NOA text and email

7 March 2017 - NOA letter

10 March 2017 - biometrics appointment letter (scheduled for 23 March 2017)

11 March 2017 - RFE letter

Timeline

Ok great!

I'll try doing that

Do u have an example of what the reference would look like

Yes it still works. I've tried with mine and I didn't have any problems with it. Have you tried playing around with the dates? My case left on Sept 14, and in the DHL page I set it as Sept 12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

OH absolutely...it was just the conflicting medical/interview but it has been sorted. I guess Sydney is just on the ball with these things. There actually appear to be a lot of us...hoping I get my passport back in a month as I am going on a holiday. Most people say they are back in a week. So I hope its all good.

Our packet is in transit to Sydney. My fiancé scheduled his medical for next Tuesday, do we wait for packet 3 or can we book an interview date? Confused about the order. Thanks!!

Ok great!

I'll try doing that

Do u have an example of what the reference would look like

Typically they make the shipping information the day before.

I typed in 'EXP 19 SEP 2016A' Set the dates for Sept 20th 2016, and selected Nicaragua.

You will see that there is a package, waybill 6791182333 that was processed in Boston today, heading to Managua and expected to be there on Thursday!

I believe this is your case!

July 13th 2016 -Sent I-129F                                  Nov 07th 2016 -Applied for SSN
July 20th 2016 -NOA 1                                           Nov 12th 2016 -Received SSN in Mail
Sep 02nd 2016 -NOA 2                                          Jan 17th 2017 -Wedding
Sep 14th 2016 -Arrived at NVC                              Jan 23rd 2017 -Sent I-485, I-765, I-131
Sep 19th 2016 -Departed from NVC                      Jan 27th 2017 -NOA 1
Sep 21st 2016 -Arrived at Embassy                       Feb 24th 2017 -Biomentrics Appointment
Sep 23rd 2016 -Case Status: Ready                       April 27th 2017 -EAD/AP Approved!
Sep 29th 2016 -Medical                                         May 3rd 2017 -EAD/AP Combo Card In Hand

Oct 14th 2016 -Interview: Approved!                    Dec 6th 2017 -AOS Approved!

Oct 17th 2016 -Case Status: AP                            Dec 13th 2017 -Greencard In Hand

Oct 20th 2016 -Case Status: Issued

Oct 25th 2016 -Visa In Hand

Oct 30th 2016 -POE O'hare Airport

Timeline

Hello!!

Thank u very much for helping us.

We believe this is our packet too and that we'll have it here by this week!

Thank u again! you're very helpful.

Gnite!

Typically they make the shipping information the day before.

I typed in 'EXP 19 SEP 2016A' Set the dates for Sept 20th 2016, and selected Nicaragua.

You will see that there is a package, waybill 6791182333 that was processed in Boston today, heading to Managua and expected to be there on Thursday!

I believe this is your case!

Timeline

Our packet is in transit to Sydney. My fiancé scheduled his medical for next Tuesday, do we wait for packet 3 or can we book an interview date? Confused about the order. Thanks!!

Yesterday we received and email that it landed this is what the email says, you need to wait for this. on the day they receive it they will more than likely email you within 24 hours. i was told by the medical examiners to wait till about 3 weeks out from the interview to schedule appoinment. i also called the Consulate to ask where we pay our fee's and they said wait for packet 3 to come via email i guess.

*** AUTOMATED MESSAGE ***

*** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ***

Dear K Visa Petitioner,

The U.S. Consulate General in Sydney has received your approved petition. Please have your fiancée create a profile via USTravelDocs and email our office at support-australia@ustraveldocs.com. In the email they must advise the following information:

Name:

Case number (ie: SYD2014000000):

Email address:

Phone number:

Passport Number:

DS-160 confirmation number:

Thank you

Visa Unit (BC)

U.S. Consulate General, Sydney

General: http://canberra.usembassy.gov Visas: www.ustraveldocs.com Email: support-australia@ustraveldocs.com

Note: You should never pay for travel arrangements (e.g., airfare, hotels) without having a visa in your possession. The U.S. Consulate General accepts no responsibility if you do so. You risk significant financial losses if you ignore this advice.

Timeline

Basically, I rang them to schedule the medical because there was a HUGE wait for them. I am guessing you got my free appointment date (since mine was next Tuesday and I had to change it). The next available appointments were well into October. The only issue with scheduling the medical before is that like me it may pop up on the same date/time. However they were very accomodating (cept for the fact my medical will happen after). They are hugely booked because one of the Sydney Dr's is on holidays atm. The interview is scheduled for us once you respond to the email above. It took about 2 days for mine to get to me after I had sent off the email. Good luck!! The embassy seems to be having about two week turn arounds from the Notice to the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Okay so now that we've been approved, what steps can I start taking to get a head start on things? I know my fiancé will get a letter in the post very soon outlining what to do next, but I thought I'd ask here too.

Can I begin completing the DS-160 form online, or do I need to wait?

Can I schedule my medical?

How do you guys see that your case is "in transit" to the NVC and your home embassy? Will we still get updates from USCIS or is that part done with?

Is the packet 3 sent from the beneficiarys embassy through email or a hard copy? I moved address here in Ireland and I don't want my packet 3 and 4 going to my old address? When should I contact the Dublin embassy informing them that I have moved address?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, even a few answers would be helpful. Thanks ?

the first thing is to call NVC to ask if they received your file from USCIS, once they do they will assign a number to your file and you will have to call them again to get this number.

from now on I think the USCIS status will never change and useless to keep checking :)

once you have the NVC number you can start tracking online the status of your file : AT NVC, in transit and ready.

if in transit this is where you can look for your file thru dhl tracking system :)

for Switzerland I was able to contact the doctor directly and have appointment even before my file was in transit, I paid his fees, and got the form filled up in a sealed envelop.

for what I understood for Switzerland is that they will email me the packet 3 but mail me the packet 4 (interview date)

good luck :)

Timeline

You pay all the fees once you have completed the DS160. There is a payment for that one...and also a payment once you have your confirmation number on teh ustraveldocs website. It is all very straight forward.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello guys. Our visa was approved today. Thanks everyone here and to VJ.

Appointment was today 6:30am. I lodged in a hotel 15mins walk from the consulate. Woke up 4am and got ready. Wore a dark Grey suit, a white shirt and a blue tie. A black shoe. I called my BABY and said a prayer together via Skype.

Came out from my hotel room 4:40. I wanted to walk down but I was advised by one of the guard at the hotel to use a taxi since it's not so safe.

I took a taxi and I was there at the consulate at about 4:46, but I paid so much for the taxi but who cares. Lol.

By 5:30 there were over 200 people. By 6:40 the security check took place, I was given a little slip to fill which asked my name, petitioners name, my address, phone no and email. We were told to unseal the sealed medical envelope. It was somehow weird. I asked the security officer, he said for security reason. I did. Wen I got inside the consulate, I was asked for my confirmation letter, I presented it but the official said I need to present another one. I asked which one he asked me to step out of the queue, I did. Later he allowed the man behind me entrance with the same confirmation letter I had. I approached him to ask why he is denying me entrance into the interview hall. He said because that man applied for a immigrant visa then I told him mine is k1 visa. He said okay go in, at that point I was a little bit irritated. I told him sir please do your work well and he said sorry sir. We were asked to fill the slip that was given us. Later a lady called me, a Nigerian. She asked for the slip, my passport, 2passport photographs, payment receipt, confirmation letter, police clearance and my medical . I submitted them, she left to get our file guess from NVC and she placed my documents inside the file. She asked for a photocopy of my birth certificate, I told her I only have the original copy. She asked why I didn't come with a photo copy, I said because they only asked for original copy. She took it and ask me to go seat down they will call my number written on my ds_160 confirmation. Three minutes later my number was called. I went straight to the window. I saw a lady with a stern looking face. She asked me to raise my hand for an oath to say nothing but the truth.

She asked three questions

1 was the name of your petitioner

2 how did you meet her

3 have you seen her before. Answer Yes I visited her March this year.

Congratulations sir, enjoy your stay in the United States.

She gave me back my birth certificate and a white sheet of paper and said your visa will be ready in 2 weeks.

We filed our case June 2.

I wish you all the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.