fitleo

June 2016 I-130 filers

711 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

so what do you do if your email notification for the i-130 was received does not include a case number and your check was cashed?

i received the email on July 7th and have not received the i-797 in the mail. keep in mind i used my address abroad as my mailing address as i didnt know they dont accept addresses abroad. *why they dont mention that is beyond me.

any suggestions?

That's very strange that you receive the email and it didn't include a receipt number. Its 13 characters and it starts with 3 letters.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Looking at the USCIS case tracker app...there was 7 approved / 4 rejected / 6 RFE for June I-130 filers.

What date are you looking at? Service center?

At Texas Service Center for filing date May 31st there have been 250 approved, 59 RFE, and there are about 200 files left to be processed. Texas seems to be working on May files right now. I've only paid attention to my filing date though.

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

What date are you looking at? Service center?

At Texas Service Center for filing date May 31st there have been 250 approved, 59 RFE, and there are about 200 files left to be processed. Texas seems to be working on May files right now. I've only paid attention to my filing date though.

Where are you getting these numbers? Is this on the USCIS site, or something through the forum?

-pl

Timeline

Where are you getting these numbers? Is this on the USCIS site, or something through the forum?

-pl

Neither, it's from the case tracker app. I looked up cases until I found the beginning and end of the May 31 I-130 files at Texas Service Center. And then I've been checking to see when cases are processed. They're working on May files right now.

USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Please give more information about the NOA2 coming through and this app people are using.

Our Journey
4/12/16 ....Married
4/15/16 ....Wedding Party

NVC
2/28/17......NOA 2 "APPROVED"
3/10/17......Case transferred to NVC (received text, email and alerts on app)
3/16/17......Case not received yet NVC 603-334-0700
3/21/17......Case received by NVC (can take another 2 weeks to scan into the system)
3/27/17......CRO2017583004 case number given over the phone / 41082348 invoice id number
3/28/17.....NOA2 hard copy received
3/28/17......I am the Registered Agent
3/29/17......NVC Welcome Letter (ACL)
3/30/17.....OAS FEE PAID $125.00
4/1/17........IV FEE PAID $ 325.00
4/5/17........Nagy send me all documents from Egypt
4/10/17.....Received Nagy's DHL Shipment
4/9/17........Submitted DS-260
4/15/17......Mailed ALL supporting documents & Affidavit of Support to NVC 
..................USPS 9505 5000 2326 7105 0001 16
4/17/2017....NVC received our paperwork
4/18/2017....NVC Scan Date (waiting 11 weeks from this date)
6/14/2017....Case Accepted for Expedite
7/31/2017....Interview at the Embassy
7/31/2017....In AP
1/21/2018....Contacted our Senator's Office for help

i received the receipt number but no i-797 in the mail. seems to be an address mix up but if i dont receive anything by 7/31 i think i can submit an inquiry.

Timeline

i received the receipt number but no i-797 in the mail. seems to be an address mix up but if i dont receive anything by 7/31 i think i can submit an inquiry.

I just look at you prior message and saw that you put an address abroad. They don't mail anything overseas. So you wouldn't receive the hard copy notice via mail.

Edited by MrsBurgz

yeah, i never read that you couldnt submit an address abroad. i just hope it doesnt cause more delays. ive changed the address at USCIS and they replied back that my case was updated. fingers crossed i receive it in America soon as i want that case number so i can attempt to use the USCIS app.

Timeline

yeah, i never read that you couldnt submit an address abroad. i just hope it doesnt cause more delays. ive changed the address at USCIS and they replied back that my case was updated. fingers crossed i receive it in America soon as i want that case number so i can attempt to use the USCIS app.

There wouldn't be a delay with your petition. You don't get a case number from USCIS you get a receipt number. At the NVC stage (months from now) you get a case number.

Timeline

i cant to seem to locate the case tracker on the USCIS app. any tips? or perhaps ive installed the wrong app.

Do you have an iPhone or Android phone? There are different case tracker apps for both. Search your app store for a USCIS case tracker app.

USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.