mza001

I-751 June 2016 Filers (Merged Threads)

2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
13 minutes ago, jaynelei said:

There's hope for CSC! Yippee!!! I sent a case inquiry, yesterday. Today, I received an email and several texts from USCIS. Case status also changed online. Goodluck guys.

NOA 06/25/2016

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On July 13, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number WAC161855****, and will mail it to the address you gave us.

Sorry if this has been addressed previously but I can't find where if it was... When filing a case status update online, I remember tried to do that once (the last time we were outside normal limits) and chose the I-751 form but kept getting an error stating "form subtype does not match application" as it lists CRI-89 on the USCIS case status site. What is the work around (if any) for this?  Want to be prepared when the time comes so I can do this online this time :-)  

THANK YOU!!! 

Edited by Corey&Guyvens

Awaiting Oath Ceremony for Citizenship! Last step!

2 minutes ago, Corey&Guyvens said:

Sorry if this has been addressed previously but I can't find where if it was... When filing a case status update online, I remember tried to do that once (the last time we were outside normal limits) and chose the I-751 form but kept getting an error stating "form subtype does not match application" as it lists CRI-89 on the USCIS case status site. What is the work around (if any) for this?  Want to be prepared when the time comes so I can do this online this time :-)  

THANK YOU!!! 

There is the 2nd number at the bottom of your NOA, one is CRI, another one is i751. Tomorrow will be 30 days since I submitted my inquiry and nothing... I am going to submit another one tomorrow once the 1st one expires.

Good luck!

12 minutes ago, Anubabes268 said:

Jaynelei,

May I ask how you submitted the case inquiry since your NOA date is not in the current processing time? 

I went here and fill out the form and it went through

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?sroPageType=onpt

I am not sure, Maybe 06/25/2016 is NOA2 or idk. June 25 is the letter for my biometrics appointment scheduled for 07/12/2016. I am not sure if there's NOA1 or something. Will look it up later.

Edited by jaynelei

2 minutes ago, jaynelei said:

I am not sure, Maybe 06/25/2016 is NOA2 or idk. June 25 is the letter for my biometrics appointment scheduled for 07/12/2016. I am not sure if there's NOA1 or something. Will look it up later.

I tried this and it says that my case is still within the processing time and my noa is 6/23. The wait continues. 

11 minutes ago, Corey&Guyvens said:

THANK YOU!!! 

Do not use the one on your extension letter receipt. There's another one from the NOA letter.

VSC

NOA 06.10.16

I have infopass on june 19th and they stamp my passport for one more year. And also told me that my case is assigned to one officer. She text him about my case, and that officer sayed, i should have one answer in next 60days. They are doing security check in. Still pending and wondering after this new update from uscis, do i need to do case inquiry or just to wait more?

Edited by +381

1 hour ago, Anubabes268 said:

I tried this and it says that my case is still within the processing time and my noa is 6/23. The wait continues. 

You don't need to fill out that form until the USCIS I751 guidelines state that they are processing applications after your date which you said is 6/23

I believe current guidelines say they are processing June 15, so everyone who has an NOA before June 15 can fill out that form.  Everyone else has to wait until USCIS update that date to after your NOA.  

Edit to add that's for CSC - VSC is June 13 - I just went in and had a look.  

Edited by Teknodude

⬇️ Immigration/Visa experience ⬇️

ESTA 

ESTA revoked

H1B for 2 years

B2 - Denied

B2 - Successful

AoS

Green Card

Green Card ROC

Naturalization

(AoS & GC via same sex marriage if it helps) 

So plenty experience to draw on to help you all out on......  

24 minutes ago, Teknodude said:

You don't need to fill out that form until the USCIS I751 guidelines state that they are processing applications after your date which you said is 6/23

I believe current guidelines say they are processing June 15, so everyone who has an NOA before June 15 can fill out that form.  Everyone else has to wait until USCIS update that date to after your NOA.  

Edit to add that's for CSC - VSC is June 13 - I just went in and had a look.  

I totally understand that I am questioning how she was able to submit a request with a NOA of 6/25. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, jaynelei said:

Yep. June 25 is the second notice they sent you, for biometrics. Your 1st NOA is before that. I have the same situation: I797 June 16, and bio letter June 25. You probably (more than likely) have a NOA of June 15 or before, that's why your inquiry went through.  

Congrats BTW :)

9 minutes ago, Anubabes268 said:

I totally understand that I am questioning how she was able to submit a request with a NOA of 6/25. 

For me before the last Update (my NOA is 06/13/2017) always was rejected since I'm in the normal processing time, and I tried 2 or 3 times before, and never get and answer. The automatic reply that I'm in the normal processing time, even one time I put 06/01/16, and the answer was the same. I neither understand how it works for them.

17 hours ago, JimmyTheKnife said:

I'd have to say it's a waste of time. We sent letters to both our Senators and our one Representative. They were all responsive, looked into the situation and then reported the same thing that we were told when we called USCIS  - our case was within the normal processing time. Any hope we had that congressional scrutiny would move things along was sheer fantasy. 

Meanwhile, we have an acquaintance who arrived in the US months after us, filed their AOS 2 years late and now have 10 year-GC's. It's hard not to get angry.

Jim

Jim I faxed yesterday night the Consent for the Release of Information. Let's see when the Senator will reply to us. How long took for you?

17 hours ago, JimmyTheKnife said:

I'd have to say it's a waste of time. We sent letters to both our Senators and our one Representative. They were all responsive, looked into the situation and then reported the same thing that we were told when we called USCIS  - our case was within the normal processing time. Any hope we had that congressional scrutiny would move things along was sheer fantasy. 

Meanwhile, we have an acquaintance who arrived in the US months after us, filed their AOS 2 years late and now have 10 year-GC's. It's hard not to get angry.

Jim

JIm about the acquaintance that you mentioned, probably and I'm guessing now, is depending of the nationality and the status of the petitioner spouse, here in Miami is very common, that if somebody is married with a Cuban resident category CU (whaterver the number after the CU) they get automatically the 10 years GC, I have more than 8 friends in that case that in the interview the get the 10 years instead the 2 years with ROC, and I think there is other nationalities also with the same procedure, but not sure at all, but for Cubans 110 % sure

14 minutes ago, WinnfieldJules said:

Yep. June 25 is the second notice they sent you, for biometrics. Your 1st NOA is before that. I have the same situation: I797 June 16, and bio letter June 25. You probably (more than likely) have a NOA of June 15 or before, that's why your inquiry went through.  

Congrats BTW :)

Thank you WinnfieldJules :). Congrats to you as well!

Yep then, I stand corrected June 25 is NOA2

As far as I know, if you're married more than 2 years to your US citizen husband and you applied for AOS then you will get 10 years GC, but if you're married with US citizen less than 2 years then you will get 2 years and you need to apply for ROC. Bottomline, more than 2 years marriage is more real than less than 2 years and let's admit it, there are many fake marriages here in the US just to get GC.

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

14 minutes ago, SloGuy said:

Jim I faxed yesterday night the Consent for the Release of Information. Let's see when the Senator will reply to us. How long took for you?

All 3 offices responded in a matter of days. They were surprisingly fast.

Jim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.