42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Is one of you also Canadian?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Is one of you also Canadian?

No im gonna try to work there with a professional license possibly obtain a resident card and bring him over.. Just an option if we cant do nothing else here.

Filed: Timeline

OP you can try Manitoba, they are looking for ppl to come work & populate the area (very cold)

Canada, its 10 after a drug charge they will allow you to apply for their pardon, they check what

the crime is & how much time time he could get for the same crime in Canada, lots of paperwork, but

much more possible than the US { sidebar} I knew of someone who marry a person with a drug

charge after getting Canadian landing, 5 yrs later hewas allowed across the border with his wife to

Fl on D3 visa} For now try Canada lots of paper work but a start & there's a Canadian atty Cohen

who specializes in pardon cases,,,,goggle Manitoba for process

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Op you were informed quite a while back that this would bite him in the butt. He got arrested with a conviction and he lied about all that jazz on his esta. He's done.

Buy a Rosetta Stone, get that Swedish going and good luck! Sweden is a neat place!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

OP you can try Manitoba, they are looking for ppl to come work & populate the area (very cold)

Canada, its 10 after a drug charge they will allow you to apply for their pardon, they check what

the crime is & how much time time he could get for the same crime in Canada, lots of paperwork, but

much more possible than the US { sidebar} I knew of someone who marry a person with a drug

charge after getting Canadian landing, 5 yrs later hewas allowed across the border with his wife to

Fl on D3 visa} For now try Canada lots of paper work but a start & there's a Canadian atty Cohen

who specializes in pardon cases,,,,goggle Manitoba for process

Looking into Windsor/Essex and yeah i've already spoken to a lawyer, after 5 yrs since conviction was done, he can apply for rehabilitation program or not even need it at all. Atleast there is hope!! Still close to home for me. I dont mind Canada.

Timeline

Op you were informed quite a while back that this would bite him in the butt. He got arrested with a conviction and he lied about all that jazz on his esta. He's done.

Buy a Rosetta Stone, get that Swedish going and good luck! Sweden is a neat place!

Naaah.. Thanks tho.. Ive already said im not moving to sweden let alone learn the language. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Naaah.. Thanks tho.. Ive already said im not moving to sweden let alone learn the language. :)

At least it isn't Danish, Swedish is much easier. ;)

You'll regret not trying to learn it early, trust me.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

So even if you're unable to go to Canada or possibly any other country you wouldn't go to Sweden? What's so horrible about Sweden?

Timeline

So even if you're unable to go to Canada or possibly any other country you wouldn't go to Sweden? What's so horrible about Sweden?

Absolutely nothing. Just difficult circumstances and lots of other things. I've already talked to a lawyer and Canada is very well possible. I dont mind retiring in Sweden tho :) Just at the moment it's not smart for me to work there. I have alot of student debt i have to pay for.

Timeline

Canada drug conviction in any coumtry do need a rehabilitation application

I say get 2-3 atty opinions

Yeah.. We won't do anything without an attorney.. He has been rehabilitated so atleast it wont be hard to prove. It will be while from now. Hopefully US immigrations laws by some miracle will change too.. :P we'll just see where life takes us now..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.