vbtwo

I-751 May 2016 Filers

1,738 posts in this topic

I guess theyforgot about us. VSC has started processing July cases😐

11/01/13- Mailed AOS Package
11/03/13- USPS update- Package delivered
11/08/13- Texts received for acceptance of all 3 forms
11/13/13- Received NOAs for I-485 and I-765. No I-130?
11/18/13- Biometrics Appointment letter received
11/19/13- Successful biometrics walk in
11/27/13-Received RFE
12/16/13- Sent requested evidence
01/08/14- Case status changed to Testing and Interview
01/16/14-EAD received!

06/12/14- Interview. Approved on spot!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
36 minutes ago, coolchicn said:

I guess theyforgot about us. VSC has started processing July cases😐

The "funny" thing is that the processing times were updated on 4/30/2017 for both CSC and VSC

VSC had May 2, 2016 as the time of the processing applications.

CSC had June 9, 2016... yet, VSC is approving July 2016 and CSC has just started approving May 2016 ones... I guess too much recreational use of some substances makes the difference in productivity... lol!

3 hours ago, LUAL said:

The "funny" thing is that the processing times were updated on 4/30/2017 for both CSC and VSC

VSC had May 2, 2016 as the time of the processing applications.

CSC had June 9, 2016... yet, VSC is approving July 2016 and CSC has just started approving May 2016 ones... I guess too much recreational use of some substances makes the difference in productivity... lol!

Hi everyone,
My I-751 is still processing while I have done my Biometrics for my N-400 application already last week.  Do you think my I-751 will be approved early or it's must to be reviewed longer than usual? 

05/19/2016 I-751 still pending...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
12 hours ago, Hungandnu said:

Hi everyone,
My I-751 is still processing while I have done my Biometrics for my N-400 application already last week.  Do you think my I-751 will be approved early or it's must to be reviewed longer than usual? 

05/19/2016 I-751 still pending...

It's hard to tell. In my case, I think filing N-400 slowed down the adjudication on my I-751. I had N-400 biometrics done in April 2017 and now my two cases (I-751 and N-400) are both pending. Most May 2016 VSC applicants got approved in May 2017, but mine is still pending. I just walked in yesterday and got a stamp on passport. 

Edited by Shumai

6 hours ago, Shumai said:

It's hard to tell. In my case, I think filing N-400 slowed down the adjudication on my I-751. I had N-400 biometrics done in April 2017 and now my two cases (I-751 and N-400) are both pending. Most May 2016 VSC applicants got approved in May 2017, but mine is still pending. I just walked in yesterday and got a stamp on passport. 

Dear All,

If you moved or changed the address while your I-751 form processing, please call to USCIS and ask to talk with the officer to be updated your new address immediately. 

My NOA 05/19/2016

Moved to Norristown on 01/30/2017 with changed address requested by mail to them and submitted 4 months ago. But I called to the officer today and he told me that my address is the same old one; it's not changed to the new address after moving yet. OMG unbelievable, I think it's changed already and he just submitted the address changed today anyway. Everything should be confirm with the officer and don't waste your time to speak to customer service. They have nothing in hands and just seeing on website and reading for you only. We can read that stuffs online too.

Second, the officer said that I will receive something from USCIS responding around 16 days from today to let me know my application. If I would not receive from them after 16 days, I could call back to the officer again and let him know.

Hope you guys get something in new updates soon!

Regards,

Edited by Hungandnu

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Hungandnu said:

Dear All,

If you moved or changed the address while your I-751 form processing, please call to USCIS and ask to talk with the officer to be updated your new address immediately. 

My NOA 05/19/2016

Moved to Norristown on 01/30/2017 with changed address requested by mail to them and submitted 4 months ago. But I called to the officer today and he told me that my address is the same old one; it's not changed to the new address after moving yet. OMG unbelievable, I think it's changed already and he just submitted the address changed today anyway. Everything should be confirm with the officer and don't waste your time to speak to customer service. They have nothing in hands and just seeing on website and reading for you only. We can read that stuffs online too.

Second, the officer said that I will receive something from USCIS responding around 16 days from today to let me know my application. If I would not receive from them after 16 days, I could call back to the officer again and let him know.

Hope you guys get something in new updates soon!

Regards,

Thanks for sharing! We are still using the same address. 

May I ask where you found the officer's contact?

Most of us can only call the 800 number. I totally agree with you that they are reading the script. Yesterday I asked the officer at the field office the status of my application and she told me my case is under background check. She told me I might wait another year or two, but I could always come back to get the stamp. :(

Timeline

I feel like I am shooting myself in the foot as I filed the N-400. I am not very happy with my current employer and hoping to at least get the 10-yr green card. Now I am just stuck in this situation and it's hard to convince the future employer with a stamp on the passport. Btw, they took my expired green card yesterday in the Infopass.

11 minutes ago, Shumai said:

Thanks for sharing! We are still using the same address. 

May I ask where you found the officer's contact?

Most of us can only call the 800 number. I totally agree with you that they are reading the script. Yesterday I asked the officer at the field office the status of my application and she told me my case is under background check. She told me I might wait another year or two, but I could always come back to get the stamp. :(

Oh, I just called to USCIS customer service and I don't tell them about my case. I said " Could I speak to the officer because I changed my address while my I-751 Form pending and I have not received any confirmation from USCIS about the address changed by mail or email either ?" That's all. And she transferred my call to the officer to submit the address changed as my requested on phone. And you can ask to the officer everything about your case for more details. Good luck!

Edited by Hungandnu

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Hungandnu said:

Oh, I just called to USCIS customer service and I don't tell them about my case. I said " Could I speak to the officer because I changed my address while my I-751 Form pending and I have not received any confirmation from USCIS about the address changed by mail or email either ?" That's all. And she transferred my call to the officer to submit the address changed as my requested on phone. And you can ask to the officer everything about your case for more details. Good luck!

Thank you for the reply. Good luck to you, too!

I responded to RFE few weeks back with more documents. How long more  to wait for their response? Should I call them or just wait for some more weeks? Thank you

Case status still says the same thing. Case received on May 3rd 2016 blah blah

Edited by Avia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 6/21/2017 at 3:58 PM, tiredofwaiting said:

Hi guys

my i751 is pending more than 13 months.my extension letter expired on may and green card is expiring on july of this year. No update from uscis regarding my case yet. I dont think they will stamp on my expired passport. Its too late to renew my passport. Is there anybody who went through my situation? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

hi, i was in your situation. i went to infopass,  they didn't stamp my expired passport, but they told me that i was still fine till i have 3 years anniversary of green card. by that time they approved my gc. the lady that i spoke with was very nice.she also told me that is a requirement to have your foreign passport valid while you are a permanent resident. (i was already try to have all the paper works for my passport, but my country ask for all the paper works for my husband and after we finish with all the requirements for him, i am able to start mine, like register marriage, child birth, change birth certificates,his divorce, etc. everything will last at least 1 year if i'm lucky . if i knew i was starting this process 3 years ago, but my bad. )

i recommend to you to make an infopass and tell them your problem and i'm sure they will find a way to help you. also you can apply for passport just in case.

good luck and hopefully everything will be smooth for you and everyone is still waiting. 

On 6/27/2017 at 7:31 PM, olga t said:

hi, i was in your situation. i went to infopass,  they didn't stamp my expired passport, but they told me that i was still fine till i have 3 years anniversary of green card. by that time they approved my gc. the lady that i spoke with was very nice.she also told me that is a requirement to have your foreign passport valid while you are a permanent resident. (i was already try to have all the paper works for my passport, but my country ask for all the paper works for my husband and after we finish with all the requirements for him, i am able to start mine, like register marriage, child birth, change birth certificates,his divorce, etc. everything will last at least 1 year if i'm lucky . if i knew i was starting this process 3 years ago, but my bad. )

i recommend to you to make an infopass and tell them your problem and i'm sure they will find a way to help you. also you can apply for passport just in case.

good luck and hopefully everything will be smooth for you and everyone is still waiting. 

Thank you all for your help. I got approved before i make an infopass appointment. Its been a stressful journey. I hope everybody waiting gets approved very soon. Its just a matter of time. I can feel your stress though. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 6/22/2017 at 9:19 AM, coolchicn said:

I called and spoke with a tier 2 officer yesterday.  He said our case is being reviewed by an officer so all we can do is wait. Sucks but oh well..

Not sure if we got stuck with the same slow officer   mine is almost 13 months too and was told exactly the same thing  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i submitted my I-797 last may 2016 and received an extension letter on the same month, however my gc will expire tomorrow. My question is, when is the 1 year extension take effect? On the day of my gc expired or from the day i received the letter of extension which was last may 2016. Do i need to make an info pass and obtain a new extension letter? Also, my passport is expired already

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, ilovefreebies said:

Hi, i submitted my I-797 last may 2016 and received an extension letter on the same month, however my gc will expire tomorrow. My question is, when is the 1 year extension take effect? On the day of my gc expired or from the day i received the letter of extension which was last may 2016. Do i need to make an info pass and obtain a new extension letter? Also, my passport is expired already

From the day your conditional GC expired.

They will not issue another new letter, normally they will put an I-551 stamp in your passport during Infopass, but since yours has expired, they will have to go another route. I've seen people here saying to bring passport photos and they will stamp on your photo. You can search for those posts.

I would suggest renewing your passport anyway.

Best of luck!

Edited by Lavazza_K
answer was confusing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.