vbtwo

I-751 May 2016 Filers

1,738 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Shumai said:

Has anyone that filed in May 2016 got approved in June? I just looked at the google spreadsheet and haven't found any new VSC approval. Hopefully they are not skipping us and move on to the June 2016 cases.

The May 2016 filers google spreadsheet I presume is fully updated except for few. I believe most of those few either haven't updated for various reasons and possibly a very few still haven't gotten approved. USCIS VSC is currently dealing with June filers that doesn't mean that they have not skipped some May 2016 filers unintentionally.

4 hours ago, Shumai said:

I am still waiting and I also live in Georgia.

I went to get a stamp today and the officer said our file 'is with an officer at the service center '. 

11/01/13- Mailed AOS Package
11/03/13- USPS update- Package delivered
11/08/13- Texts received for acceptance of all 3 forms
11/13/13- Received NOAs for I-485 and I-765. No I-130?
11/18/13- Biometrics Appointment letter received
11/19/13- Successful biometrics walk in
11/27/13-Received RFE
12/16/13- Sent requested evidence
01/08/14- Case status changed to Testing and Interview
01/16/14-EAD received!

06/12/14- Interview. Approved on spot!

On 6/6/2017 at 9:36 AM, Lavazza_K said:

Awesome! Glad they did it fast this time! Shouldn't be any issue this time.. you can also call the location up and tell them you will be picking your mail up, if you are close.. I did it when they sent me my EAD since we were moving.

Friend went to check my mailbox this morning and found the mail sitting in there! Woohoo! Guess informed delivery doesn't include priority mails..Please leave an update when you get your card!

The Green card was returned to USCiS in Kansas. I made an infopass for this Thursday to make sure they have the correct address and have them resend it. It is a pain to get someone on the phone to put in a request. I will also try to get my passport stamped. I have an international trip coming up

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/8/2017 at 3:20 PM, Shumai said:

Has anyone that filed in May 2016 got approved in June? I just looked at the google spreadsheet and haven't found any new VSC approval. Hopefully they are not skipping us and move on to the June 2016 cases.

May CSC, still waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/23/2017 at 9:27 PM, nightingalejules said:

Write a cover letter that explains why you don't have the things you don't have, and can't get. (Example: I am not listed on his credit card because I have insufficient personal credit in the US, etc.)

If you don't have bills with both names on them, do you have some bills in your name and some in his, but they both go to the same address. Explain this in the letter. (Example: He pays the power bill, I pay the cell phone bill but they both come to our home address.)

Include statements for insurance etc where both your names are listed.

Are you listed as an authorized user on his credit card? If so you could get a statement to that from the bank. 

As far as the lease agreement, your father-in-law write a letter to the effect that you and your husband live at his property at **** ***street, ***,*** etc, and that you pay $*** per month rent. Then you all sign it. Voila! You now have a rental agreement.

Are you listed as beneficiaries of each other's wills? Medical Power of Attorneys? If not, you can easily draw up wills and sign them and send copies to USCIS.

Basically, provide whatever evidence you can, and list it on the letter. Then explain why the other items do not exist. You may still get an interview, but USCIS will eventually understand that not everyone uses joint bank accounts, and that doesn't mean they're not really married.

Worst case is interview, and even that's not going to be all that bad. Ultimately, almost all ROC applications are approved. If you're still married, there's almost no chance you will be denied in the end. It just may take more explaining.

Thank you for the input, now i have more ideas on what to send. :) 

Hi, there just wanted to ask if the rental agreement needs to be notarized? I had my dad in law signed the rental agreement named under my name and my husband. Also i got a form from my husband life insurance.

2 hours ago, ilovefreebies said:

Hi, there just wanted to ask if the rental agreement needs to be notarized? I had my dad in law signed the rental agreement named under my name and my husband. Also i got a form from my husband life insurance.

I don't think it should have to be notarized. Normal rental agreements aren't notarized, so this one shouldn't need to be either.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Timeline
53 minutes ago, nightingalejules said:

I don't think it should have to be notarized. Normal rental agreements aren't notarized, so this one shouldn't need to be either.

Thank you so much for answering :) 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
On 6/10/2017 at 1:06 PM, Poobee said:

The Green card was returned to USCiS in Kansas. I made an infopass for this Thursday to make sure they have the correct address and have them resend it. It is a pain to get someone on the phone to put in a request. I will also try to get my passport stamped. I have an international trip coming up

Omg...so close to the finishing line! But at least the hard part is over...Hopefully they can mail it right back, once they mail it takes less than 3 days from KS to GA.

23 hours ago, Lavazza_K said:

Omg...so close to the finishing line! But at least the hard part is over...Hopefully they can mail it right back, once they mail it takes less than 3 days from KS to GA.

I know;  I called and put in a request to have the card sent back to me. They corrected the address, but still I'm going to get my passport stamped at the local USCIS tomorrow and check on the status of the request. I can't wait to be done with this process. I have my I-400 ready to be mailed out once I get the actual green card. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Just checked the USCIS website and they updated the Processing Cases As Of Dates to 05/02/2016. I got my NOA1 10 days after that date, so I still have to wait before I could call and put a service request. Bummer..I really don't know why my case was skipped. Our case is quite straightforward and we have provided all the information.

On 6/15/2017 at 11:04 AM, Shumai said:

Just checked the USCIS website and they updated the Processing Cases As Of Dates to 05/02/2016. I got my NOA1 10 days after that date, so I still have to wait before I could call and put a service request. Bummer..I really don't know why my case was skipped. Our case is quite straightforward and we have provided all the information.

We are still waiting too. NOA date 5/09. No red flags either so I don't know what's taking so long

11/01/13- Mailed AOS Package
11/03/13- USPS update- Package delivered
11/08/13- Texts received for acceptance of all 3 forms
11/13/13- Received NOAs for I-485 and I-765. No I-130?
11/18/13- Biometrics Appointment letter received
11/19/13- Successful biometrics walk in
11/27/13-Received RFE
12/16/13- Sent requested evidence
01/08/14- Case status changed to Testing and Interview
01/16/14-EAD received!

06/12/14- Interview. Approved on spot!

Timeline
On 6/12/2017 at 8:26 PM, nightingalejules said:

How about the advance health care directive? Thanks, i'll mail my RFE today 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.