nitrolife

US father, Filipina mother, child completed CRBA and has US passport

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, I'm a US citizen father who dated a Filipina and we now have a sweet 4 year old daughter that has completed the CRBA process and has her US passport. I'm in the US and my child and the mother are still in the phils. I desperately want to get my daughter to the US but do not wish to try and raise her alone. I feel a child NEEDS both parents. It is unclear whether I would ever date the mother again after her infidelity.

What VISA would be the fastest option to bring them both to the US? Because of my health issues, I'm unable to travel back to the phils and have not been able to hug my bbgirl in nearly two years.

There is no visa where you can bring the mother of your child to the USA if you are not married to her, or intending to marry within 90 days.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Can the mother be deported if she makes it to the USA? She is the mother of a US citizen in need of her care. Let's say she chaperons my daughter on the plane to bring her here since my health prevents me from going to the phils to bring my daughter back. Could she immediately file to stay? Maybe based on hardship or persecution.(She has been disowned by her family and her life has been threatened, as well as my very white daughter being at a high kidnapping risk)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Can the mother be deported if she makes it to the USA? She is the mother of a US citizen in need of her care. Let's say she chaperons my daughter on the plane to bring her here since my health prevents me from going to the phils to bring my daughter back. Could she immediately file to stay? Maybe based on hardship or persecution.(She has been disowned by her family and her life has been threatened, as well as my very white daughter being at a high kidnapping risk)

Nope, your daughter is safe in the USA. Her persecution from family is not enough for asylum. She likely would have a hard time getting a visitors visa

Edited by Transborderwife

I'm looking for possible solutions, not rule book thumping answers. All rules have exceptions based on circumstances. C'mon.......creative thinking needed.

Can the mother be deported even if she gets here illegally?

Can the mother be deported if she gets here on a temp VISA of some type, then refuses to leave since her child is a US citizen living here that needs parenting?

I'm not outright looking to break immigration law, but as has been outlined, no matter what option I take would be untruthful. At this point I don't care even slightly about truthful, I want my young daughter here and protected.

K-1 would be a sham at this point

Visitors VISA would be utterly impossible

Workers Visa could be arrange, but untruthful, legal, but untruthful

Student Visa would be the same as a workers Visa.

What options are available for an honest person to bring their US citizen child into the US with the only parent she has ever really known? If their isn't one, then the system is totally screwed up.

She can be deported if she comes illegally.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

well rule thumping as you put it is what you'll find here. Nobody is going to tell you how to get her here illegally.

Yes, she can be deported or removed if here illegally USC child or no USC child.

Work visa? Only if she has highly skilled training/specialized education. Student visa with a USC would be tough as well.

It's unfortunate, but it is indeed the system.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

What options are available for an honest person to bring their US citizen child into the US with the only parent she has ever really known? If their isn't one, then the system is totally screwed up.

You have been given your options in prior answers.

**Moderator hat on**

***Under the below quoted provision of the TOS, this thread is now closed to additional discussion. Do not restart this thread.***

By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Service, you will not:
  • Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.
  • Attempt to bypass the Forums language filter through the use of alternative characters to spell profanities or through the posting of images containing profanity.
Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.