traveler100

Moving to Canada in case of Trump presidency

171 posts in this topic

I know four individual families in my dinky little town alone that are third generation on benefits, relatives of people I worked with. Taking money from the people who earned it, and giving it to the people who haven't doesn't equalize anything. It's meant to be a leg up, not a life style. Those people haven't been" failed by the system", the only thing that's let them down is themselves. Walking around in the latest Nike gear, iphone 6's to their ears, turning up at the food bank where I volunteer because there is no food in the house for the kids. You arent going to 'get a chance to get ahead' if you have no work eithic are you. America is a capatalist society, no one gets to sit on their backside and be supported by 'the system'. That's Russia. Ask Bernie.

Canada is not some annex of the USA. It is a separate country. Look it up. There are just as many hurdles to getting into Canada as an LPR as there are herre. It isn't some convienient sideways movement you can elect to make when you disapprove of the way things are going where you are. When things are not going the way you wish they were, you don't bail.

And as far as refugees, you need a more compelling reason that not liking Republicans, they are unlikely to start persecuting Democrats based on membership of a particular social group or political opinion, We aren't tallking Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge here. That arguement is utter nonsense, and it won't fly. Canadians may be polite, but they are not dim.

Let me let you in on a little secret. Those who "earned" it in the USA, should not kid themselves. They earned their doctorate, or accountancy, or what have you and got a job while someone else wasn't so lucky... circumstances often become obstacles. No one is born with a dream of hustling a few bucks worth of food stamps as their life style. Believe it, they'd all rather be going to work 9-5 if they had the same opportunity. Don't think for a second that a minimum wage worker has an easier job then a corporate lawyer. At the end of the day, they're both equal as humans.

A surgeon is lucky to have had the opportunity finish schooling and get residency. Yes, while he/she must have put a lot of effort into studying, don't forget another person was driving a snow plow for much less money. I'm inclined to think the plow driver worked much harder in life, so be respectful of people. don't pretend all corporate employees are saints. There are thieves and low lives everywhere in society. some steal food stamps while others steal public funds, or embezzle, or doctors who commit insurance fraud.

let go of this hatred based on a lie, that somehow you as a well off person are supporting someone else by paying taxes. you're not. your compensation is what you take home after taxes and the system is designed to somewhat equalize your take home income to that of the poor snow plow driver so we all live the same standard or life/ more or less. it's a great, and fair system.

This account and timeline is created to help people embarking on the same journey!

IR-1/CR-1-

NOA-1 December 16, 2014

NOA- 2 July 24, 2015 ------------- 220 days since NOA 1

NVC Rcvd- August 18, 2015

Case Complete- October 29, 2015

Interview date- December 15, 2015 - AP, due to i-864

Issued - Feb 25, 2016 ---- 436 days since filing. :thumbs:

In hand - [check]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This has been going on during every election year. People won't actually leave and flee the country and nor is it a simple thing to do as has been mentioned.

If all the people that wanted to flee the US to Canada, there had better be a ####### load of jobs up there that Canadians don't want that the Americans that are coming up to do. I don't believe Canada has enough jobs for Canadians let alone all the other refugees from war torn countries all over the world.

And yes, it's not as simple as buying a ticket and going, it's a long process and not something you can quickly or easily do after an election.

People were saying that about Bush and no one tried to flee. It's a nice pipe dream, but not reality. Reality is instead of fleeing, is to fight the system within. Make decisions and fight against the decisions of a president whom you don't agree with. That's the American way.

I hole 2 citizenship. I'm American with a side of Canadian and I like you, cringe at the thought of Trump wining. However if he does, I won't be fleeing the US at all. I'm standing up for the US and doing what I can to make changes here. Even for me, I'd have to leave my home here in the US. Pack everything up, try and find a job in Canada (let alone apply for a visa or status that proves a Canadian isn't qualified for the job as someone who doesn't have Canadian citizenship), go through all the legalities and such. It's not only a pain, but very time consuming. Plus supporting myself in the interim of a job in a country where everything costs a ####### load more.

So yes, if you wanted to immigrate to Canada. You would be better off trying to go through one of the many visa or status to see if there are any jobs available that you might qualify for, then apply and then go through that entire process. Though many of those visa/status aren't permanent either and you'll still be held accountable for reporting all your income to the US regardless...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Hahaha. People act like they can just move to Canada like we don't have immigration laws.

Oh... it's like a really bad Dad joke that's been told a million times already.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Its not only OP but many would leave, as far as I know. Its better to live anywhere in the world but America under the presidentship of a racist and abuser who has no respect for humanity.

I am sure the Middle East has a great record of Human Rights :rofl:

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Let me let you in on a little secret. Those who "earned" it in the USA, should not kid themselves. They earned their doctorate, or accountancy, or what have you and got a job while someone else wasn't so lucky... circumstances often become obstacles. No one is born with a dream of hustling a few bucks worth of food stamps as their life style. Believe it, they'd all rather be going to work 9-5 if they had the same opportunity. Don't think for a second that a minimum wage worker has an easier job then a corporate lawyer. At the end of the day, they're both equal as humans.

A surgeon is lucky to have had the opportunity finish schooling and get residency. Yes, while he/she must have put a lot of effort into studying, don't forget another person was driving a snow plow for much less money. I'm inclined to think the plow driver worked much harder in life, so be respectful of people. don't pretend all corporate employees are saints. There are thieves and low lives everywhere in society. some steal food stamps while others steal public funds, or embezzle, or doctors who commit insurance fraud.

let go of this hatred based on a lie, that somehow you as a well off person are supporting someone else by paying taxes. you're not. your compensation is what you take home after taxes and the system is designed to somewhat equalize your take home income to that of the poor snow plow driver so we all live the same standard or life/ more or less. it's a great, and fair system.

We are all equal as humans, but that's a pretty simple comparison to make. How we apply ourselves to life and what we make of ourselves is what separates us. Sure some folks have it much harder than others and at times in life need help from the gov't to get by, that's okay. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think there are many folks who abuse the welfare system and use it as a permanent lifestyle. They also teach their kids how to carry on the tradition.

Getting back to your original post about leaving the US should Trump become president. How would a Trump presidency negatively affect your way of life so badly that you would want or need to leave the US? I've seen quite a few presidents come and go and there has been very little affect to my way of life if any at all.

... you're kidding yourself if you don't think there are many folks who abuse the welfare system and use it as a permanent lifestyle. They also teach their kids how to carry on the tradition.

Getting back to your original post about leaving the US should Trump become president. How would a Trump presidency negatively affect your way of life so badly that you would want or need to leave the US? I've seen quite a few presidents come and go and there has been very little affect to my way of life if any at all.

1. how are you so familiar with their family traditions? many CEOs of large corporations also steal. government employees often steal public funds etc. like I said there are good and bad people everywhere. it's wrong to classify all immigrants as benefit thieves. the concept, it's not hard to grasp.

2. when a candidate openly claims he won't allow people to practice a certain religion, or that people of a certain ethnicity are rapists then yeah, its not hard to see it would effect my way of life and YOURS.

This account and timeline is created to help people embarking on the same journey!

IR-1/CR-1-

NOA-1 December 16, 2014

In hand - [check]

1. how are you so familiar with their family traditions? many CEOs of large corporations also steal. government employees often steal public funds etc. like I said there are good and bad people everywhere. it's wrong to classify all immigrants as benefit thieves. the concept, it's not hard to grasp.

2. when a candidate openly claims he won't allow people to practice a certain religion, or that people of a certain ethnicity are rapists then yeah, its not hard to see it would effect my way of life and YOURS.

I have enough experience with people on welfare to know what I said previously is true. There are generations of families who live solely off of gov't subsidies and that mindset is passed down from the parents to the kids. So if CEO's and gov't employees steal, that makes it okay for everyone to do so? I'd prefer that everyone be held accountable for any crimes committed. Not to mention that point is completely irrelevant to the conversation at hand. I don't believe the word "immigrant" was even mentioned in my post. Try sticking to what has been posted rather than what fits your agenda, things will go easier for you.

I'm not a fan of Trump, but I don't like it when people bend the truth. Your #2 is a complete falsehood, those statements were not made by Trump.

Funny who you think you're talking too and the kneejerk reactions that follow. I voted for Bernie last week, how bout you?

Lol. calling my statement falsehood won't make them so. I'm not gonna waste my time trying to prove something everyone knows.

Everyone should be held accountable. My point, which you missed is that it's wrong of the earlier poster to bring up benefits in a derogatory way when talking about immigrants. You quoted my post (from yesterday) which was a reply to another person. Not you, so, sorry if you feel all hurt or something but I clearly was talking to guy/gal only who used the word benefit unnecessarily there. Good luck with your Sander's vote. I don't actually support any of the candidates that are running. The candidate I would have voted for decided not to run, so..

IR-1/CR-1-

NOA-1 December 16, 2014

In hand - [check]

Lol. calling my statement falsehood won't make them so. I'm not gonna waste my time trying to prove something everyone knows.

Everyone should be held accountable. My point, which you missed is that it's wrong of the earlier poster to bring up benefits in a derogatory way when talking about immigrants. You quoted my post (from yesterday) which was a reply to another person. Not you, so, sorry if you feel all hurt or something but I clearly was talking to guy/gal only who used the word benefit unnecessarily there. Good luck with your Sander's vote. I don't actually support any of the candidates that are running. The candidate I would have voted for decided not to run, so..

That's a very typical response. You were called out on your posts, and so are attempting to blame ofther people for having the nerve to question you. Same same. why should we waste our time proving anything to you? You seem to have some fairly entrenched ideas. Why should we prove anything to you as you asked? Look it up yourself, you'll remember it longer.

And no, everyone does not know. The ubiquitous everyone. Your statements are false, to people who do not share your line of thinking. You are attempting to use your belief system to "prove something everyone knows". Cite your sources. How do you know what other people think or believe? Millions of folks in the USA think a lot differently than you do. Not all of us swallowed the nonense whole.

It was me you were blathering on at. I did not use the term 'benefit' unnessarily there. Not at all. You were speaking of immigrants, but to Canada.They don't have the same system. As you stated in your OP, VJ is a forum for immgrating TO the USA, not trying to escape it. Perhaps you might take your questions to a forum for going TO Canada. See how you get along there.

Sorry you feel you cannot vote this time. That's a bit of a waste really, how about looking into what the other democrat candidates have to offer, before you do that.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

That's a very typical response. You were called out on your posts, and so are attempting to blame ofther people for having the nerve to question you. Same same. why should we waste our time proving anything to you? You seem to have some fairly entrenched ideas. Why should we prove anything to you as you asked? Look it up yourself, you'll remember it longer.

And no, everyone does not know. The ubiquitous everyone. Your statements are false, to people who do not share your line of thinking. You are attempting to use your belief system to "prove something everyone knows". Cite your sources. How do you know what other people think or believe? Millions of folks in the USA think a lot differently than you do. Not all of us swallowed the nonense whole.

It was me you were blathering on at. I did not use the term 'benefit' unnessarily there. Not at all. You were speaking of immigrants, but to Canada.They don't have the same system. As you stated in your OP, VJ is a forum for immgrating TO the USA, not trying to escape it. Perhaps you might take your questions to a forum for going TO Canada. See how you get along there.

Sorry you feel you cannot vote this time. That's a bit of a waste really, how about looking into what the other democrat candidates have to offer, before you do that.

Neither of us has anything to prove to the other. I'll ask whatever I want to ask. No one is forcing you to read or feel compelled to post. Have a nice day.

IR-1/CR-1-

NOA-1 December 16, 2014

In hand - [check]

I'll read where I like, thanks. Have done, for years. Bless your heart.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

:ot:

Hey traveler... can you fill out your timeline? You have it as a signature.. why not a timeline?

:ot2:

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

:ot:

Hey traveler... can you fill out your timeline? You have it as a signature.. why not a timeline?

:ot2:

sure. I'll do it soon

IR-1/CR-1-

NOA-1 December 16, 2014

In hand - [check]