serendipity02

Bachelor's degree from Foreign country accepted in Cali ?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ's

My Fiancé is coming soon, all plans is in place but im a little worried when it is time for her to find a job. she recently obtained her Bachelor's in Psychology and she is asking me If she could practice her degree here in California, I have no idea what to tell her. so my question is that will she be able to use her degree if she wants to ? or does she need to study again to get credits. ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

http://www.psychology.ca.gov/applicants/license.shtml

Took less time to Google this than for you to ask here.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I suggest you to get credentials to valid her studies here in USA. Because her degree will be nothing here if you don't make this paperwork first.

Look in Google what are the offices close to you to fill the forms (you can do it online too) and pay for it.

I did it and I am waiting my credentials, I went to AERC in the city of Covina, CA (they take 2 - 3 weeks).

Good luck !

Our Journey for IR1-CR1

(L) Wedding Dec 5th 2014

USCIS

March 02, 2015: We left I-130 on Fedex

March 04, 2015: UCSIS received our paperwork

March 06, 2015: We received the e mail of UCSIS Acceptance Confirmation (Nebraska)

July 22, 2015 : I-130 Approved (It took 140 days)

August 04, 2015: Mail from UCSIS saying they have sent our case to NVC

NVC

August 10, 2015: Case scanned by NVC

August 20, 2015: Case number and IIN received by phone

August 21, 2015: DS261 done and FEE Affidavit of Support paid (FEE Status: In Process)

August 24, 2015: Affidavit of Support FEE Status: PAID

August 25, 2015: Husband received Welcome package from NVC

September 03, 2015: IV Package FEE paid (FEE Status: In Process)

September 08, 2015: IV Package FEE Status: PAID

September 09, 2015: DS-260 Done

September 14, 2015: Package received by NVC (Scan Date)

October 08, 2015: Case Complete

November 09, 2015: Medical Test Done

November 25, 2015: Interview Date APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

January 05, 2016: Visa Issued

January 12, 2016: Visa in hand :dancing:

January 22, 2016: US$ 165 Fee paid

February 08, 2016: In my new home

POE: Los Angeles

March 07, 2016: Green Card received...but waiting for SSN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I suggest you to get credentials to valid her studies here in USA. Because her degree will be nothing here if you don't make this paperwork first.

Look in Google what are the offices close to you to fill the forms (you can do it online too) and pay for it.

I did it and I am waiting my credentials, I went to AERC in the city of Covina, CA (they take 2 - 3 weeks).

Good luck !

Thank you. i'll research on that. :reading::thumbs:^_^

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

She can't work as a psychologist here even if her Bachelor degree is recognized. I'm in California and I'm an occupational therapist in Australia, I can't work as an OT here yet. So I'm doing aba paraprofessional job now, working with kids with autism. Some of my coworkers have a bachelor psychology degree. So she can try that. And some other disability related jobs. Possibly more.

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Filed: 12-28-2020 online

NOA1: 2-1-2021

Bio: reuse 4-26-2021

Interview: 2-14-2022

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

No degrees offered in the common wealth nations are recognized here in the US unless it is for CE. You could use this company's services to validate the transcripts and apply for a continuing education (CE) course with any of the American Universities. After a semester or two, she would have to take the final exams. Then she would have to apply with the State of California and register to practice as a psychologist. Or she can apply for her master's here and then complete the registration process.

http://www.spantran.com/

Hope this was helpful

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

a BA in psychology isnt worth much in america, unfortunately, it is really not much better then a gr 12 education..

does she have a masters or what is she looking to do? in america you need a PHd and more credentials to be a psychiatrist!

with a BA in Psych (depending on what she wants to do) work experience is huge! what is her work experience in? if she was able to be a psychiatrist where she is that doesnt really happy in america

no one with a BA in Psych in america is a psychiatrist.. perhaps if that is her goal she can get into a PHd program? get her masters? to be a psychiatrist in america you need 7 years of schooling after a BA i believe to be a psychiatrist..

or she can get like an alternate job.. sales/marketing/nanny ect...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Psychology is not psychiatry. Nobody with a psychology degree works as a psychiatrist, USA or not.

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.