ritbo

CFO, just a clarification for a particular requirement of 23-year old male

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone here in VJ (Filipinos) have experienced attending a CFO seminar as 23-year old and were asked to give an affidavit of parental advice? Just wanna know if it's really enforced. And please people, I don't want answers that are something like "According to the website, it's required" or "By law, it's required bla bla" because maybe that some were not asked.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Philippines forum from Off Topic as this is a country specific question~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

ritbo, on 25 Feb 2016 - 8:46 PM, said:

Anyone here in VJ (Filipinos) have experienced attending a CFO seminar as 23-year old and were asked to give an affidavit of parental advice? Just wanna know if it's really enforced. And please people, I don't want answers that are something like "According to the website, it's required" or "By law, it's required bla bla" because maybe that some were not asked.

Sorry but my answer you may not like but it is a requirement of CFO to have this document. Yes, MAYBE someone got through without it, but I have never heard in three years being here and answering questions of applicants just like you, that item was overlooked. Sure you can go to the interview without the document and guess what, they ask for it and you don't have it, then you are back to getting the document. Believe when I say this, you will NOT leave the Philippines without a CFO sticker. In the end CFO has the gold and they make the rules. CFO sticker trumps the visa. The CFO interview can be worse then the visa interview at USEM.

If you are between the age of 18 to 21 you must have parental consent in writing, those age 21 to 25 must have written parental advice (a written indication that the parents are aware of the couple's intent to marry).

Spin the roulette wheel and see if you can get through on this one just because someone else might have gotten through. Do the right thing and follow the rules and you should have no problems.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Hey guys, can I have the CFO seminar before my interview or is it required after interview? Because Im trying to squeeze everything in a nut to lessen my expenses. Thanks!

Timeline

Sorry but my answer you may not like but it is a requirement of CFO to have this document. Yes, MAYBE someone got through without it, but I have never heard in three years being here and answering questions of applicants just like you, that item was overlooked. Sure you can go to the interview without the document and guess what, they ask for it and you don't have it, then you are back to getting the document. Believe when I say this, you will NOT leave the Philippines without a CFO sticker. In the end CFO has the gold and they make the rules. CFO sticker trumps the visa. The CFO interview can be worse then the visa interview at USEM.

If you are between the age of 18 to 21 you must have parental consent in writing, those age 21 to 25 must have written parental advice (a written indication that the parents are aware of the couple's intent to marry).

Spin the roulette wheel and see if you can get through on this one just because someone else might have gotten through. Do the right thing and follow the rules and you should have no problems.

I don't wanna sound like a mean person but I wish I was there with you while you're typing your reply to tell you that you don't need to explain to me what are the requirements because obviously your answer is overreaching and not even close to the exact answer I'm seeking with. TBH, It's just a waste of data storage to VJ's database. Anyway, I appreciate for your time to respond.

Timeline

Hey guys, can I have the CFO seminar before my interview or is it required after interview? Because Im trying to squeeze everything in a nut to lessen my expenses. Thanks!

My plan is to do it before the interview, even better if it's after the medical examination, because when you have your passport with the visa delivered, you may have your passport CFO-stamped at the airport (the time when you leave the PH) given if you have that CFO certificate with you and scheduled an appointment with the CFO desk in NAIA beforehand.

Gnelleb, on 26 Feb 2016 - 03:14 AM, said:

Completing your CFO before your interview is fine. In fact what it does is save you the problem of getting an appointment after the interview which only delays you. Once you complete the CFO they will give you a certificate of completion. Once you are ready to have the CFO sticker placed in your passport, just return with your passport and complete the process. No appointment is needed just to have the CFO sticker applied to your passport.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Completing your CFO before your interview is fine. In fact what it does is save you the problem of getting an appointment after the interview which only delays you. Once you complete the CFO they will give you a certificate of completion. Once you are ready to have the CFO sticker placed in your passport, just return with your passport and complete the process. No appointment is needed just to have the CFO sticker applied to your passport.

Jesus Christ. One kind of people in VJ like you can be really annoying sometimes. Can't we all just stick to the main question and just answer if there's an appropriate answer to that? If you have nothing that can help me with a useful information, then just don't incline yourself to flood your unnecessary answers here, go somewhere else's forum posts and have the decency and the consideration to just avoid replying here. It's just purely common sense and respect.

Whether it is "enforced" of not, the parental advice thing, it is in your best interest to have the documentation with you.

Best of luck!

Yes, you can do the CFO seminar before the interview.

ritbo, on 26 Feb 2016 - 08:04 AM, said:

Jesus Christ. One kind of people in VJ like you can be really annoying sometimes. Can't we all just stick to the main question and just answer if there's an appropriate answer to that? If you have nothing that can help me with a useful information, then just don't incline yourself to flood your unnecessary answers here, go somewhere else's forum posts and have the decency and the consideration to just avoid replying here. It's just purely common sense and respect.

You are really a work of art. You come here for help and I offer my experience to you but you try and demonstrate how smart you are and you only open your mouth and confirm just what an idiot you are. My reply was not to you but to Gnelleb post. VJ is a place for the free exchange of ideas and experiences and your insults will not stop me from replying.

I see others have offered the same CFO requirements that I did but hey.... you don't attack them. What gives?

I will ignore your posts, I ask that you do same and ignore my posts.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

I have the definitive answers to your questions.

However, I'm not going to share them with you until you learn to play nice with others.

Timeline

I have the definitive answers to your questions.

However, I'm not going to share them with you until you learn to play nice with others.

Then DON'T. You'll just waste your time dealing with me anyway. What I'm asking here in VJ is an open question so it doesn't really matter if you are going to share or not. And, you don't have to advise me to be nice with others because ideally that's neither of our business. I'm just being straightforward here so if it bothers some people, it's not my problem.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

... up to 25. Here is some info and links to a sample letter. Sometimes enforced, not everyone is asked for it. Who is asked depends partly on the person, if you are self-assured, confident and look the person in the eyes during the interview you may not be asked... one never knows with CFO. They use the "other documents" for slamming the meek and timid.

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-uncategorised/5-cfo-gcp-seminar

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.