Rob L

Canadians crack down on guns, alarmed by flow from U.S.

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Myanmar
Timeline

2300canadaguns0214v3.jpg?uuid=P-qRXtNOEe

Interpreting the graphics data:

In Canada, average of 1 good man were killed out of every 200,000 people. The bad guys live to rejoice!

In U.S.A, average of 1 good man were killed out of every 200,000 people while 6 bad ones got put out of misery before their attempt to kill the good people.

Doesn't Mexico? Far stricter gun laws than in the US but nearly twice the per-capita gun deaths.

Maybe stricter gun laws, but so much gov't and law enforcement corruption makes those laws basically useless.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Maybe stricter gun laws, but so much gov't and law enforcement corruption makes those laws basically useless.

Actually it's because Mexico has a massive @*#&ing crime problem, guns notwithstanding. Massive, huge numbers of hooligans and thugs--rather like the people responsible for most of the US gun crime statistics. How many of the people killed in the US are going to kill each other with knives or fists? A lot. What are the per-capita deaths in the US in rural and urban areas? Inner city thugs make up the bulk of this stuff. And I honestly don't care that much. They don't give a damn about their own lives, so how can I?

jam2016's post is more on point than many would care to admit. The bulk of gun crime is by morons against morons. It's not morons gunning down a mom on the way to the grocer. It's idiot young males promoting their street cred against other idiot young males who never got out of high school.

Edited by ExPatty

Good luck!

Actually it's because Mexico has a massive @*#&ing crime problem, guns notwithstanding. Massive, huge numbers of hooligans and thugs--rather like the people responsible for most of the US gun crime statistics. How many of the people killed in the US are going to kill each other with knives or fists? A lot. What are the per-capita deaths in the US in rural and urban areas? Inner city thugs make up the bulk of this stuff. And I honestly don't care that much. They don't give a damn about their own lives, so how can I?

jam2016's post is more on point than many would care to admit. The bulk of gun crime is by morons against morons. It's not morons gunning down a mom on the way to the grocer. It's idiot young males promoting their street cred against other idiot young males who never got out of high school.

The part in bold, it's mainly because of all the corruption at every level in Mexico. The rest of what you wrote about crime in the US is for different reasons other than gov't corruption like in Mexico. There are many outlying factors that play into urban crime such as economy and education. It's kind of hard to give a damn about yourself when you're pretty much doomed from birth.

Edited by Teddy B

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

It's kind of hard to give a damn about yourself when you're pretty much doomed from birth.

I know. These people's lives start out pretty badly. This is why I can never get on board with people who say things like white privilege isn't a thing because it is. If I had been born in the ghetto I would likely be like others born in it.

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I know. These people's lives start out pretty badly. This is why I can never get on board with people who say things like white privilege isn't a thing because it is. If I had been born in the ghetto I would likely be like others born in it.

We learned that unless your ancestors, every one of you, are 100 percent, 100 percent from sub-Saharan Africa, we are all mixed-race people

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

I would argue that Canada's laws aren't actually that much more strict than the US in comparison to most of the rest of the world. They certainly are closer to US laws than say Australia for instance.

Canada even dropped long gun registration a few years ago. The primary difference between the two countries is that you need a PAL card in Canada similar to California's FSC

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I thought the logic was: 'Why does Canada hate freedom so much they are willing to emulate the Nazis and keep their population in bondage?' Naturally the lack of carnage in Canada is not the very strict gun laws and the fact that Canadians are not in fact enslaved by their tyrannical government. No, it's because Canadians are so much different than us. I get it now.

eh - I thought this 'Canadien' problem (back at post #1) was because the gangs are immigrants. Who don't care about assimilating and being 'good' Canadiens.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I would argue that Canada's laws aren't actually that much more strict than the US in comparison to most of the rest of the world. They certainly are closer to US laws than say Australia for instance.

Canada even dropped long gun registration a few years ago. The primary difference between the two countries is that you need a PAL card in Canada similar to California's FSC

That's true. What is predominantly different in Canada when it comes to guns is the culture. Guns are not a protected right in Canadian law and most Canadians only have guns for hunting or sport shooting and that's the mindset that surrounds gun use in Canada. In the US gun rights are protected by the Constitution and are part of the overall American culture. Americans have and use guns for every purpose possible.

Interpreting the graphics data:

In Canada, average of 1 good man were killed out of every 200,000 people. The bad guys live to rejoice!

In U.S.A, average of 1 good man were killed out of every 200,000 people while 6 bad ones got put out of misery before their attempt to kill the good people.

I wonder if there are any other statistics that can be used to explain lower crime in Canada

I wonder if there are any other statistics that can be used to explain lower crime in Canada

maybe you should do some research and hit us up with yer findings? should be fun, huh. :devil:

I might sub contract that out . I am a busy man, but actually on a real puter today

but shirley you have some inklings you could share? since you're manning an actual pooter..

Americans have and use guns for every purpose possible.

I cook with mine. The commies down the street think I'm crazy but when it hits the fan and they want food I'll eat and they'll go hungry who's the crazy kook now huh? That'll show em. Pathetic losers.

I cook with mine. The commies down the street think I'm crazy but when it hits the fan and they want food I'll eat and they'll go hungry who's the crazy kook now huh? That'll show em. Pathetic losers.

I hear the 9mm Beretta adds great flavor to soups and stews.