Javilasardar

J-1 Waiver Timelines 2016

430 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

The J1 waiver division filled the I-612 for you. Now the uscis approves the I-612. I'm think you need to verify that uscis approved your case with the I-612 or you received only the letter of receive. After the USCIS approved the I-612 you can change your status and start your other process I don't know what is your case. I hope this helps

Hi guys

I have a question,i applied j1 waiver before i leave at US and now i am at Turkey. This week uscis approved my case. My other mail they send to my US mail adress but i am not there now my rommates take my mail. I want to ask what is i-612 should i fill that form and send back to uscis? Thanks for your answer

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,

The J1 waiver division filled the I-612 for you. Now the uscis approves the I-612. I'm think you need to verify that uscis approved your case with the I-612 or you received only the letter of receive. After the USCIS approved the I-612 you can change your status and start your other process I don't know what is your case. I hope this helps

Thanks Ani89 its really helped. I didnt have mail yet just check online

And i didnt change my adress i thought more easy us adress should i change?

This is uscis answer:

On October 17, 2016, we approved your Form I-612, Application to Waive Foreign Residence Requirements, Receipt Number ********. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

J1 internship work visa

Erdem

If you applied J1 waiver under No Objection Statement (looks like it is what you did), once DOS issues favorable rec, it forwards your application to USCIS and files I-612 for you. You do not need to file anything with USCIS. And once USCIS approves your application, you are done and free. Which means you can apply for dual intent visa (such as H1b) or immigrant visa, or AOS to get your greencard.

I-612 approval notice is the best document to use as an evidence (should arrive 1 week to US address after USCIS approval).

Or you can print and use the approval info from USCIS case status web page showing your case number and approval date.

Timeline

Erdem

If you applied J1 waiver under No Objection Statement (looks like it is what you did), once DOS issues favorable rec, it forwards your application to USCIS and files I-612 for you. You do not need to file anything with USCIS. And once USCIS approves your application, you are done and free. Which means you can apply for dual intent visa (such as H1b) or immigrant visa, or AOS to get your greencard.

I-612 approval notice is the best document to use as an evidence (should arrive 1 week to US address after USCIS approval).

Or you can print and use the approval info from USCIS case status web page showing your case number and approval date.

Thanks Mrme i appreciate ,good answer

I searched online many times,I saw some people asking this question but I couldnt find good answer. This answers ll help other people also

Now i have another question.whats the difference h1b and j1 visa? which one is better ? how long h1b ?. how can i get h1b visa ? should i deal with any company?

I applied greencard lottery but i have no idea will i win or not. do u know anyway to get greencard ?

Hi. What do i send first when applying for the J1 waiver. The forms i did online to DOS or the Forms to USCIS. I am confused and don't want to send before I'm sure. It all has different fees

Hi. What do i send first when applying for the J1 waiver. The forms i did online to DOS or the Forms to USCIS. I am confused and don't want to send before I'm sure. It all has different fees

Timeline

U should send to the dos, dos when take your no objection, they ll send to uscis

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi

My case under 'No Objection' is received by USCIS on 07/26/2016 still nothing! Seriously very worried as my J1 visa expires on 11/30/2016.

Its in Vermont Service Center and they keep telling 4 months processing even for 'No Objection' very frustrating!!!

does anyone at this service center received J1 Wavier approval?

Was bit anxious about the processing time and I had raised service request with USCIS regarding my case status. Early this week received response, it seems they are currently processing the applications arrived on 07/25/2016. which is just a day before mine received. week past already no updates yet!
Edited by Ravi25

Hi

My case under 'No Objection' is received by USCIS on 07/26/2016 still nothing! Seriously very worried as my J1 visa expires on 11/30/2016.

Its in Vermont Service Center and they keep telling 4 months processing even for 'No Objection' very frustrating!!!

does anyone at this service center received J1 Wavier approval?

Was bit anxious about the processing time and I had raised service request with USCIS regarding my case status. Early this week received response, it seems they are currently processing the applications arrived on 07/25/2016. which is just a day before mine received. week past already no updates yet!

Do not worry, it is painful to wait but it will arrive.

Check my timeline, I posted it here.

Mine was received on June 26 and approved on Oct 5th, same Vermont Service Center

Did you receive your notice ? What is the notice date (not the received date) ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.