Javilasardar

J-1 Waiver Timelines 2016

430 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

How did you submit an inquiry? Did you use the tool in https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do ? And selected the "outside normal processing" option ?

Because, everytime I used their online tool it says that the application is within normal processing time? It has been almost 2 months at uscis since receipt number and 3 months since DOS send it to USCIS.

And I am also suprised that your Consulate in DC helped you. I wonder whether there is anyone got similar help from their Consulate. I think if if try to contact my consulate, they will pretty much say they do not have anything to do after sending No Obj letter to DOS.

Trust me I have tried mine. Asked them to contact with DOS. But they said "no".

All of these are really funny. Uscis have no idea about my case. DOS is not responding to my e-mails.

And I have an interview very soon.

I sent another e-mail to American Embassy in my country regarding to this waiver process. I haven't got any respond either.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

How did you submit an inquiry? Did you use the tool in https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do ? And selected the "outside normal processing" option ?

Because, everytime I used their online tool it says that the application is within normal processing time? ...

I also submitted a inquiry and I selected the start date as the date that my application was sent to the DoS. In the text field to explain my situation I explained that the date I was using wasn't the date that my case was sent to USCIS. I did that because otherwise I wouldn't be allowed to submit an inquiry just like you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Trust me I have tried mine. Asked them to contact with DOS. But they said "no".

All of these are really funny. Uscis have no idea about my case. DOS is not responding to my e-mails.

And I have an interview very soon.

I sent another e-mail to American Embassy in my country regarding to this waiver process. I haven't got any respond either.

I'm also Brazilian and the Consulate in Washington, DC also helped me getting my Receipt Number before my letter had arrived at my address.

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

J-1 Waiver based on No Objection statement:

- Recommendation Sent (to USCIS) August, 31 2016

- No Objection Statement Received July, 22 2016

- Fee Received July, 19 2016

- Form DS-3035 Received July, 19 2016

- Form DS-2019 Received July, 19 2016

- Passport Data Page Received July, 19 2016

- Statement Of Reason Received July, 19 2016

Still haven't heard from USCIS.

- Received I-797C with case number received September 19 & 20.

- Approval of I-612 notice received online September 23.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Attempted thread hijack post moved to own thread~

~Start own thread, rather than confuse ongoing topic~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Good News Guys.

Finally I got something about my case.

First off it's approved.

But the reason of why I haven't receive any receipt number was incorret mailing addres. Which I claimed to change it through DOS. But apperantly they did not update USCIS.

Anyways they said they gonna send new letter to my new mailing address. And I asked 'if I wouldn't receive that before my interview date, what is going to happen?'

And they said 'you can show your receipt number to them and they can verify through USCIS so that won't be a problem for you.'

But still to be one the safe side I hope I can receive that letter before the interview.

A little advise to the people on this site regarding to J-1 2 Year Rule waiver.

It's literally nightmare. I have started last February and now we are in October almost. Took 9 months to get approval.

Normally the way you applied for waiver seems very easy. Just a few form you need to fill bla bla.

But the challenging part is absolutely waiting part. But don't give up guys. In the end it is gonna be done.

Here is my timeline for that.

-Approval by USCIS 27 September 2016

-Recommendation sent to USCIS 01 September 2016

-No Objection Statement, August 01 2016

-Form Ds-3035, March 22 2016

-Fee, February 26 2016

-Form Ds-2019, February 26 2016

-Passport Data page, February 26 2016

-Statement of reason, February 26 2016

-Other received, February 26 2016

It has been 100 days since DOS issued Favorable Rec and forwarded to USCIS.

Only update I received from USCIS was the receipt number. Nothing since then. waiting waiting and waiting....

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It has been 100 days since DOS issued Favorable Rec and forwarded to USCIS.

Only update I received from USCIS was the receipt number. Nothing since then. waiting waiting and waiting....

I called them today asking for the regular time I should wait, they told me around 4 months. So, you're almos there. If you get to the 4 months call them and ask what is going on with your case

4 months is for hardship based waiver which being filed with uscis directly. But they keep telling 4 months also for no object based waiver.

I also had a field office appointment last week. It is useless. He told me that it is filed at Vermont center and wait for 4 months in total. 1 month left

Ok, Finally .... Approved

Filed DS-3035 with the DoS: 12/15/2015
Obtained the No-Objection Statement from the Government: 01/11/2016

All Documents Received by the DoS: 03/18/2016
DoS granted Favorable Recommendation: 06/28/2016 (Receipt # came 6 weeks after this, in the meantime I contacted USCIS 10 times, but they could not find anything. SO I went crazy till Aug 3rd. )
USCIS received I-612 (Filed by the DoS, no need to file yourself in a No-Objection case): 07/05/2016 (Did not know this until Aug 3rd, when I received the notice)
USCIS NOA1 (Receipt Number) issued: 08/03/2016
USCIS APPROVAL: 10/05/2016 (100 days since USCIS received it, and 65 days since USCIS issued a Receipt Number)

USCIS NOA2 Arrival (to an US Address): Hope to receive in 1-week

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Finally .... Approved

Filed DS-3035 with the DoS: 12/15/2015

Obtained the No-Objection Statement from the Government: 01/11/2016

All Documents Received by the DoS: 03/18/2016

DoS granted Favorable Recommendation: 06/28/2016 (Receipt # came 6 weeks after this, in the meantime I contacted USCIS 10 times, but they could not find anything. SO I went crazy till Aug 3rd. )

USCIS received I-612 (Filed by the DoS, no need to file yourself in a No-Objection case): 07/05/2016 (Did not know this until Aug 3rd, when I received the notice)

USCIS NOA1 (Receipt Number) issued: 08/03/2016

USCIS APPROVAL: 10/05/2016 (100 days since USCIS received it, and 65 days since USCIS issued a Receipt Number)

USCIS NOA2 Arrival (to an US Address): 10/08/2016

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys

I have a question,i applied j1 waiver before i leave at US and now i am at Turkey. This week uscis approved my case. My other mail they send to my US mail adress but i am not there now my rommates take my mail. I want to ask what is i-612 should i fill that form and send back to uscis? Thanks for your answer

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys

I have a question,i applied j1 waiver before i leave at US and now i am at Turkey. This week uscis approved my case. My other mail they send to my US mail adress but i am not there now my rommates take my mail. I want to ask what is i-612 should i fill that form and send back to uscis? Thanks for your answer

Congrats Erdemaustin... would you mind to share your time line and what basis have you applied for. I have applied 2 months ago but no response till now.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Recommendation Sent August, 18 2016

No Objection Statement Received June, 23 2016

Fee Received May, 26 2016

Form DS-3035 Received May, 26 2016

Form DS-2019 Received May, 26 2016

Passport Data Page Received May, 26 2016

Statement Of Reason Received May, 26 2016

Uscis get my faworable recommendation letter august 24 2016 and uscis approved my case october 17 2016

Thanks Milga

Congrats Erdemaustin... would you mind to share your time line and what basis have you applied for. I have applied 2 months ago but no response till now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.