MASH

February 2016 AOS Filers

2,760 posts in this topic

Five days after receiving my EAD/AP combo card, my I-485 has been updated online this morning, indicating that my interview has been scheduled for May 25. Now, I wait for the letter/notice to arrive by mail. Yay!!! Happy man here :)

I hope everyone who's waiting for an update gets some good news today too :)

I hope that happens to me too congrats !!

Hold onto your hat its going to be a bumpy ride!!

but don't worry you'll get through it :luv:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow! Congrats! You filed in February and already got the interview notice?

So fast! I thought people usually wait for almost a year! Maybe that's only in NY...

Good luck on that and keep us updated!

I don't know how accurate the timelines are online (I doubt they are) for interviews but I can't imagine waiting a year. That would definitely drive people nuts ?

Reading posts from people here have been really helpful. Thank you all :)

So fast! I thought people usually wait for almost a year! Maybe that's only in NY...

I don't know how accurate the timelines are online (I doubt they are) for interviews but I can't imagine waiting a year. That would definitely drive people nuts ?

Reading posts from people here have been really helpful. Thank you all :)

I have my interview date, too! And I've seen people that already have their GC and filed in february since they were part of the lucky group of people that didn't need to interview.

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
☑I-129F Sent : 03-10-15
☑NOA1 : 03-20-15
☑NOA2 : 04-07-15
☑Received NOA2 hardcopy: 04-11-15
NVC received: 04-24-15
NVC Assigns Case #: 04-27-15
☑Case sent to embassy: 05-04-15
☑Embassy Packet 3 sent: 05-19-15
☑Medical: 07-03-15 and 09-07-15 (did two medicals to ensure fiance had enough time to get to U.S.)
☑Interview: 07-30-15
☑Visa Issued: 09-22-15!!!! [:thumbs:]

K1 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!
--------------------------------------------------------

POE TO GREEN CARD

Fiance arrived in USA (POE @ Boston Logan)!!!: 01-31-2016 :D
Court Marriage: 02-04-16
Sent AOS, EAD, AP Packet: 02-25-16 :dance:

Packet Delivered via USPS Priority & Certified: 02-27-16

Check cashed by USCIS: 03-03-16

NOA1's by text (x3): 03-03-16

NOA1 Hardcopies via Mail (x3): 03-07-16

Biometric Appt. Letter Received: 03-18-16 (scheduled for 03/31/16, Raleigh, NC)

Biometrics Appointment: 03-31-16; Raleigh, NC

☑"My Interview is Scheduled" Status Change: 04-12-16

Received hardcopy of Interview Notice: 04-16-16

EAD/AP Approval by Email: 04-26-16

I797 Approval Notice for EAD and AP: 04-30-16

Green Card Interview: 05-18-16; (APPROVED ON THE SPOT!) :D

I797 Approval Notice for Green Card: 05-23-16

Conditional Green Card Received!: 05-26-16 :dancing:

GC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

ROC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

"120 days out" letter: 01-24-18 ☑ Submitted ROC: 03-10-18 ☑ Package delivered: 03-14-18 ☑ Waived Biometrics: 05-08-18 ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 05-07-19 (automatic approval!) Card Received:

N400 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

Filing Date: 03/16/2019 NOA1: 03/16/2019 Biometrics Walk-In: 03/28/19 (originally scheduled for 04/08/19) ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 04/18/19 (automatic approval!) Oath Ceremony: 07/17/19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am happy to hear all the good news in this group! Congratulations to all approvals/interview notices. ???

Quick update about my case:

I resubmit the I-765 along with all supporting documents plus a copy of the I-485 receipt notice and biometrics appointment letter. It was delivered 1 hour ago.

I called uscis and a tier 2 agent said the biometrics usually covers the AOS and EAD at once, but I may end up with another biometric appointment. He also said there are 3 possible scenarios to resolve my situation:

-The agent in charge of my case accepts his mistake and asks a "supervisor" to expedite my green card.

-The agent receives my application and after seeing the mistake immediately approves EAD/AP and sends a combo card within a week. Or

-The agent process the application as a regular one; in this case I will have to wait 60 more days or so.

It all depends of the agent workflow. Sigh... ? Everything happens for a reason,if anyone here is in the same situation please let me know. My daughter's cases were updated yesterday to "Case was approved" for I131 and "Card was mailed to me" for I765.

Anna.

I am happy to hear all the good news in this group! Congratulations to all approvals/interview notices. ???

Quick update about my case:

I resubmit the I-765 along with all supporting documents plus a copy of the I-485 receipt notice and biometrics appointment letter. It was delivered 1 hour ago.

I called uscis and a tier 2 agent said the biometrics usually covers the AOS and EAD at once, but I may end up with another biometric appointment. He also said there are 3 possible scenarios to resolve my situation:

-The agent in charge of my case accepts his mistake and asks a "supervisor" to expedite my green card.

-The agent receives my application and after seeing the mistake immediately approves EAD/AP and sends a combo card within a week. Or

-The agent process the application as a regular one; in this case I will have to wait 60 more days or so.

It all depends of the agent workflow. Sigh... ? Everything happens for a reason,if anyone here is in the same situation please let me know. My daughter's cases were updated yesterday to "Case was approved" for I131 and "Card was mailed to me" for I765.

Anna.

Hopefully option 1 or 2 !! Good luck crossing my fingers and sending positive vibes for you and I :)!

Got in contact with some people who have the same CIS office as me and found out that most of them recieved interview dates a few days after receiving their EAD/AP card in the mail so hoping for that or no interview and just green card !!

Waiting for the mail today it's driving me bonkers I wish I got a message on my phone when the mail man comes by :)!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just got notified that both EAD and AP cases have been approved. Day 72 after filing. :)

AOS is still 'ready to be scheduled for an interview'

:wacko::ph34r:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

Just got notified that both EAD and AP cases have been approved. Day 72 after filing. :)

AOS is still 'ready to be scheduled for an interview'

Great news.

Hey I spoke with another who is at the same CIS as me and he told me that he came on a K1 and had an interview and at the interview the IO was surprised he was getting interviewed because he said they didn't usually interview K1 applicants, and when I look at the other people who went to manchester they either were approved with no interview or given and interview that was later cancelled and were approved for their green card with no interview!

Has anyone else heard of this ? this makes me very hopeful!?

:blink::blink:

Timeline

yaaay !!! Congrats girl!!!

Thanks Heley...I was shocked. I was almost certain that you would hear something before me considering the speed of those FL offices. I hope u hear something soon

Timeline

Francais_usa someone in the march forum just got their ead/ap approved..this is 11 days after he got scheduled for a May 17th interview....so let's cross this fingers tighter

Was it a request for initial evidence or a request for evidence? That makes a big difference in the timelines.

From another VJer: "If the EAD was filed concurrently with the AOS, everything is on hold until the RFE is satisfied and the case resumes processing. The EAD in this case is derivitive of the AOS"

Thanks for the insight everyone and it was just a request for evidence .

event.png

qwjzd1l05.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.