Kiroshi85

Apply j1 and had asylum final denied, now still maintain f1 visa

23 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello everyone

I came to United States in 2011 on f1 visa, I am still maintaining my status and will be expired dec 2016.in 2014 I got final denial for asylum. In the next couple of months, I will apply j1 for physician training job. I have been searching information that I will have a problem with my j1 visa because history of asylum. If I am back to my country indonesia, I can't get any non immigration visa except h1b. Can somebody tell me that I can fight or try to get j1?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

What were your grounds for asylum if I may ask?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Was the application deemed frivolous?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

so, why is it that you would return to Indonesia after the J1? It certainly does not sound like that's the plan.

My guess, as far as the basis for the asylum claim, (like so many others) is someone called him a name......and his attorney spun up a cover letter making that name calling into 'persecution.'

Really, how does a 20-something claim persecution? In a country like Indonesia, he would not even be on anyone's radar screen for anything.

Personally, I think asylum should be ended....it's really nothing more than a game, in which the best liar wins.

Timeline

@hfm this post not to discuss about asylum. But j1.its final decision don't have enough price, only story. I did not report to cops, and I got assaulted in the street, he broke my car and asked never come to his area because I am inherited Chinese, and I Dont belong to Indonesia. Search about crisis may 1998. It is iceberg they need a reason like crisis economy, to rob and rape Chinese.

I am staying here. I am a foreign physician but my hospital only provide j1.

Timeline

Sounds frivolous.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Ummm that doesn't sound like a reason for asylum. That can happen to you over here too....What you gonna do then? Seek asylum in Canada?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

TOS violation reported

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The post below has been edited to remove a Terms of Service violation and is returned to the thread as follows:

I di not get a ticket. Lol, somebody driver slip in front of my car, I got punches several times. Bruise in my face, he broke my car.

OP, this is your only verbal warning. We do not insult other members. When you joined this site, you agreed to adhere to the Terms of Service, which are found here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms . Modify your posting behavior, immediately and permanently.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Please for other member, I do not need your comments about my asylum. I prefer somebody help me and not critics me because I have done with my asylum please be wise and smart. I have a question regarding j1 not about my asylum. People don't understand my post, this post in j1 or exchange visa. I have a history. And it means I did not get my asylum. My concern about my j1 cause I need it for work. Sometimes I need to be patient , we can't control what people want to say in this thread. Just comment if you have experience or information then if you do not have it and ignore it.

Timeline

The frivolous Asylum claim is highly relevant when applying for another nonimmigrant visa/status.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Why is it so important that you stay in the US? If you're being persecuted so badly why not try another country if this one doesn't want you? Surely anywhere else would be better if you need out that badly.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.