IamIan

subject access report says i was born in south Africa

18 posts in this topic

My subject access report has come back saying I was born in Cape town. I have never been there, why would it say cape town? I was born and raised in Yorkshire. I watch emmerdale. I drink Yorkshire tea. I moan about everything. I am from Yorkshire.

Adding to this my fellow immigrants...

I have two previous convictions, nothing major. One time I stole a couple of yoga books from a bookshop I worked at and was cautioned. I hid them in my trousers and they were so heavy that my pants fell down in the high street. Just my luck, two plain clothed coppers were stood behind me when I pulled them back up. The price one pays for not having a belt eh.

The next day, I got into a fight with my uncle because of this. Although in reality, it was more because he was pissed about getting fired as an extra on ITV's Heartbeat. They charged him cause he is a fat drunken pig, but released me without charge. So that's one caution and one arrest 11 years ago when I was 18.

So two things bothering me.

How do I change my place of birth? I have contacted acro and west Yorkshire police and the police keep forwarding me to this other department and they won't respond. Acro have gone as far as asking me to stop contacting them.

Secondly, will these two offences (despite being minor and 11 years ago) effect the process?

I'm just worried something is going to come and ruin everything. I have a job in USA from the second I am legally allowed to work there, everything seems to be falling into place. I want to move to Houston with my wife.

I want a family.

I want the American dream.

But most of all, I want unlimited drink refills in restaurants.

Thanks for your help.

Ian.

Edited by IamIan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

18 is a minor?

Not all restaurants do unlimited refills btw.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Ian. I would say bring documentation of your attempts to resolve this. Can you make a log of dates, who you called or emailed, response you got. If you got email responses even better. You have a birth certificate that shows where you were born so no question about that. If they ask about the SAR thing, tell your story and show your log of how you tried to correct it, but were unsuccessful. A girl I helped several years ago actually got her visa without an original or certified copy of her birth certificate. She had a photocopy. She took a log of her attempts (and responses) through India, police reports and restraining order against the family member who wouldn't give the certified birth certificate to her, Indian embassy in London, etc. Long story but she got a visa and is now a US citizen despite still not having an original of her BC. Yours is obviously a clerical error you can't resolve so show how you tried if needed.

Edit to add: I have yet to run across a restaurant in Houston that doesn't give free refills.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I want a family.

Ian.

At least we've cleared up the confusion about your wife being 74.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

At least we've cleared up the confusion about your wife being 74.

Did we?

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Thanks for your help Nich Nick. I will do just that. I'm going to have one last go and goto the station where I got arrested originally face to face. I was so baffled about it, I even rang my mum to make sure she wasn't on safari when she gave birth.

Edited by IamIan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

A family? Not many ladies at the age of 74 are able to pop out kids!

Why are you trolling this site?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

A family? Not many ladies at the age of 74 are able to pop out kids!

Why are you trolling this site?

Who's trolling? I'm asking advice on my subject access report.

That's another thread completely.

And just to add... the admins said in that thread that it shouldn't be restarted or referred to again in any other thread. So it is you who's breaking forums rules now.

Edited by IamIan

Thanks for your help Nich Nick. I will do just that. I'm going to have one last go and goto the station where I got arrested originally face to face. I was so baffled about it, I even rang my mum to make sure she wasn't on safari when she gave birth.

Add that to your Log..."rang Mum and asked if she gave birth while on safari." Response "No". I think that SAR error is the least of your worries.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Goooood idea. ?

I'm glad it's the least of my worries.

I don't want to be taking any chances with this thing.

Edited by IamIan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Please avoid importing drama from other threads. Thread-bans or worse might result.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My subject access report has come back saying I was born in Cape town. I have never been there, why would it say cape town? I was born and raised in Yorkshire. I watch emmerdale. I drink Yorkshire tea. I moan about everything. I am from Yorkshire.

Adding to this my fellow immigrants...

I have two previous convictions, nothing major. One time I stole a couple of yoga books from a bookshop I worked at and was cautioned. I hid them in my trousers and they were so heavy that my pants fell down in the high street. Just my luck, two plain clothed coppers were stood behind me when I pulled them back up. The price one pays for not having a belt eh.
The next day, I got into a fight with my uncle because of this. Although in reality, it was more because he was pissed about getting fired as an extra on ITV's Heartbeat. They charged him cause he is a fat drunken pig, but released me without charge. So that's one caution and one arrest 11 years ago when I was 18.

So two things bothering me.

How do I change my place of birth? I have contacted acro and west Yorkshire police and the police keep forwarding me to this other department and they won't respond. Acro have gone as far as asking me to stop contacting them.

Secondly, will these two offences (despite being minor and 11 years ago) effect the process?

I'm just worried something is going to come and ruin everything. I have a job in USA from the second I am legally allowed to work there, everything seems to be falling into place. I want to move to Houston with my wife.

I want a family.

I want the American dream.

But most of all, I want unlimited drink refills in restaurants.

Thanks for your help.

Ian.

Your post really made me giggle!!! I have nothing to add... Just wanted to give the nod of approval to the humour used... You might wanna stock up on Yorkshire tea bags for when you go! Lipton just doesn't cut it when it comes to a northerners preference for tea!!

Edited by Ryan H

I-129f sent by USPS - 21/01/2016

NOA1 - 25/01/2016

NOA2 - 15/03/2016

NVC received file - 04/04/2016

NVC case # received - 07/04/2016

DS-160 completed upon receipt of case # and medical booked

London received - 14/04/2016

Medical - 15/04/2016

Waited impatiently for interview but the new system was introduced 03/05/2016 and I booked myself

Interview - 01/06/2016

Approved- 01/06/2016

AOS/EAD/AP

Filed - 26/08/2016

NOA1 - 02/09/2016

Biometrics - 28/09/2016

EAD approval - 28/10/2016

AP approval - 29/10/2016

I can't tell you how its gonna be in the future, But i can tell you it will be worse off if we give up!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.