niceguy

K1 visa...can you just marry anyone?

95 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

niceguy, you need someone to do this to you wedgie.gif

If you commit visa fraud, this is what happens in prison smileysex.gif

I give this to you moon.gif with pleasure for all the stupidity of both threads you've started!

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I wish people would read through THE WHOLE THREAD before responding to this now-circular and frankly pointless (yet, yes, entertaining) discussion.

people are FREE to respond at ANY POINT they desire. if you dont like it TOUGH you cant go around trying to control when and how people post.

Which would be why I said "I wish" instead of "you need to" or "you must" or "do this now." It'd be neat if I actually could control when and how people posted though. It'd be like my superpower.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I feel for ya buddy...

Feel for whom?

I don't feel anything for this guy aside from a strong desire for him to stop sharing his details here because he wants to make himself feel less guilty or more justified in the possible planned fraud.

Does no one out there raise an eyebrow even slightly over the rather obvious implication that this ex-fiance just wants to get to America, regardless of who she goes with? Yes, yes, love is crazy and wow, wouldn't it just be such a funny twist of fate if the next man with whom she fell in love just happened to be a US Citizen! Gosh - go figure. The lord works in mysterious ways.

I'm not saying there wasn't love there for the OP - but this is too much and it DOES add to the backlog. People get married for all kinds of reasons - some good, some bad. But c'mon, even if they aren't reasons I agree with, can't anyone just call this like they see it? I smell a rat - regardless of how giving he is to have supported her this whole time. Bad mojo, y'all. Bad mojo.

I must say, I agree with Jim here whole heartedly.. This is completely illegal. Good gosh, you need to tend to your children before you get arrested.

I wish people would read through THE WHOLE THREAD before responding to this now-circular and frankly pointless (yet, yes, entertaining) discussion.

people are FREE to respond at ANY POINT they desire. if you dont like it TOUGH you cant go around trying to control when and how people post.

Holy cow! :lol:

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.