Jtjev

Evidence picture

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiancé lives in the Philippines and I live in the USA . Was wondering if anyone knows if the evidence of meeting must be in the Philippines or can she fly to her sister in Florida and we meet there to satisfy that requirement. How hard is it for a Filipino to get a tourist visa ?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

it doesn't matter where, as long as you spend time together, but for some countries, it is better to visit them in their own country, as per traditions, meeting their family, spending time with your fiancé and his or her family

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you

Unless she is wealthy she most likely will not get a tourist visa. Even then being a single female could hurt the chances a lot too. It's only a couple hundred dollars to try though so you may want to give it a swing. If I were to guess 1/1000 odds.

Timeline

My Fiancé lives in the Philippines and I live in the USA . Was wondering if anyone knows if the evidence of meeting must be in the Philippines or can she fly to her sister in Florida and we meet there to satisfy that requirement.

She could certainly try for a tourist visa, but it probably would be easier if you met her in the Philippines or another ASEA country where she can travel without a visa.

How hard is it for a Filipino to get a tourist visa ?

Near impossible to impossible for any young, unmarried Filipina. Best start saving for an island vacation in Asia.

I'd just like to add, as madtownguy said, that being rich does not always guarantee a tourist visa. My wife had about 450,000 PI (around $10k USD) in savings, a great job and strong family ties. She also co-owned a chain of grocery stores with her family. In addition, she owned her own place, and was still denied a tourist visa.

Edited by Mike-eeh and Odie

Timeline

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the chances of a single Filipina traveling to the U.S. on a tourist visa are next to impossible. Last year the U.S. Embassy in Manila held an open house to showcase their commitment to the Filipino community. One member of the U.S. Embassy staff commented that approximately 80% of the 1,000 daily visa requests that pass through the embassy are approved. Truthfully, I find this hard to believe. In fact, I think it is an outright lie and an exploitation of the Filipino people. Yes, there are occasional tourist visas approved, but it is RARE that any of these visas are handed over to a single Filipino woman. An honest guess would be that one in five hundred are approved.

An acquaintance on the inside of the embassy shared the real truth, saying, there is almost a 100% rate of denial for single Filipinos applying for tourist visas to the U.S. Those visas that are approved go to families, business owners, and older married couples who can successfully show strong ties to their home country through savings, property ownership, and a history of long-standing employment. Because of a very long history of fraud and abuse of the tourist visa process, Filipinos applying for a tourist visa to the United States have a better chance of getting struck by lightening than being approved.

I have a strong connection and personal friend in the White House. In 2013 he submitted a very complete and quite impressive tourist visa request package on behalf of my fiancè. The package was about as perfect as any I have seen and included supplemental paperwork printed on White House letterhead, with a personal letter from a staff member of the Office of the President. Everything was in place including a $10,000 secured bond, temporary medical coverage, lodging, food, promises of a spending allowance and more. Guess what? DENIED. DENIED. DENIED.

If meeting in the Philippines is not an option for you, consider meeting on neutral ground. Presently, Filipinos can visit no less than 20 different countries without a visa. Bear in mind that most of these countries are in southeast Asia, and Africa.

Bottom line: Save your money and hope. Don't even bother applying for a tourist visa. In the end you will have wasted time, money and effort.

Edited by Gregory&Dyn

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

Timeline

...If meeting in the Philippines is not an option for you, consider meeting on neutral ground. Presently, Filipinos can visit no less than 20 different countries without a visa. Bear in mind that most of these countries are in southeast Asia, and Africa...

Yeap yeap. Me and my wife decided to plan a vacation in Singapore because she commented, "I already seen my country, let's visit a place we both have never been." So we spent a lovely 3 weeks in Singapore on Sentosa Island. It was fun. They had lots to do there including Universal Studios, a giant oceanarium, and of course, the world's largest ferris wheel, the Singapore Flyer (I'm a big ride buff, haha)!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiancé lives in the Philippines and I live in the USA . Was wondering if anyone knows if the evidence of meeting must be in the Philippines or can she fly to her sister in Florida and we meet there to satisfy that requirement. How hard is it for a Filipino to get a tourist visa ?

Thanks

Doesn't matter where you meet just so you meet in person within 2 years of filing.

Getting a tourist visa from the Philippines is very difficult.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I agree it is so much easier for us the US Citizen to go there my fiance worked in Thailand as a singer and I went and stayed there probably 12 months out of 2 years and we had no problem getting her here. We have a baby and I got the babies citizenship right away and from there really quick and today will be our first New Years together in the same place :-)

12/20/2014 Sent I-129F to Texas Lockbox

12/22/2014 Signed by Lockbox Staff

12/24/2014 Text and Emailed that it was received by TSC

12/29/2014 Got Hardcopy of NOA 1 in mail.

01/26/2015 Got Hardcopy of NOA 2 in mail

02/05/2015 Called NVC had a case number given to me.

02/18/2015 Case sent to Thailand Embassy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Because of a very long history of fraud and abuse of the tourist visa process, _______ applying for a tourist visa to the United States have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than being approved.

Fill in the blank with the name of many other nationalities, and the truth is the same. See the observations of HFM181818 (a retired consular officer), chiefly in the Tourist Visas forum.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thanks

You can meet anywhere.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.