mspas

I-751 interview scheduled for 01/21/2016

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

My I-751 petition to remove the condition was pending since July 2014. I have received today a letter from Uscis that I will have an interview with an USCIS examiner next month, and that I should bring some additional items:

- It says that I have to bring 2 recent photos (see attached instructions for specifications). They have not attached any instructions, and now I don´t know the size that I have to bring.

- Certified IRS printout for joint tax fillings for the previous two years. Where can I get a certified printout?

- Power of Attorney. Why do I need a power of attorney?

- Evidence of joint purchases. How can I proof a joint purchase?

I have half of the other things that they are asking but I don´t have a joint insurance policy, wills of me and my husband, joint loan application.

I am currently pregnant and I was thinking about bringing the ultrasound results with me.

Thank you for all your advices.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Proof of financial co-mingling such as;

Joint car insurance

Joint health insurance

Joint rent or lease

Joint phone bill

Joint Joint car title or lease

Power of attornies or will for you both

Joint utility bills showing both names on same address

Joint bank accounts

Joint tax returns

Joint memberships

Affidavits from family and friends

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

1. IRS.gov - here you can order tax transcripts free of charge and they are usually delivered within a week.

2. You can go to sites like legalzoom for low cost powers of attorney.

3. Did you submit evidence of joint bank accounts, credit cards, etc.? These can prove joint purchases if both of you are linked/contribute to the accounts.

4. I would include the pregnancy paperwork but I don't think it is evidence of much.

Good luck! :)

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

• 4 weeks later...

Update,

I just had my interview this morning. My husband is US citizen. The first question was if I was ever married before. I said NO. She asked than my husband the same question. He admitted that he was married before (we have not put that in any application before since I just found out about that last year). He did not remembered for how many years was he married nor what year did he divorce. The second question was about kids. I told her that I don´t have any but that I am currently pregnant and showed her ultrasound pictures. She asked him if he went with me to the doctor and he said no. She said to me that she would reconsider my marriage to him, if he does not even find the time to go to the doctor with me. She said that she does not know if this baby is his or it could be from somebody else. She might has to request a blood test once the baby is born. Funny, since I am married for 4 years with him. Than she asked him about the kids. The told her that had 2 (we never included his children in any application since they were not applying for the green card with me). She asked about their names, ages, and baby moms names. She asked me when did we married. I answered correctly. She asked my husband when was I born. He knew the day and the month but not the year. He did tell her what is my age. She checked our passports and stamps of our travels. She asked me if he traveled without me last year. I told her that he has for 10 days to his mom´s country to do medical exams since here is expensive. She asked me if I know of any arrest or parking tickets that he had. I told her that he did not paid for 3 tickets, and they took his car tag and almost towed his car. She asked me for pictures, and looked at them. She did not say anything. She took our last 3 months of bank statements, and last 2 years of tax returns. She did not even wanted to see the lease contracts, electricity bills, sunpass toll account, dentist bills, phone bills - she said that does not mean anything to her. She said that she will look over all her file again and that I should receive a mail in 2 months or less. When I got home, I realized that she did not even ask me for passport pictures that I brought for the new green card. I don´t know what to think but I feel so miserable knowing that my marriage is real, and now I am at her mercy. It´s so funny when I think that I know so many people that are married just to get the green card, and nobody has ever had an issue, nor a second interview, and they all get the green cards and the citizenship. Here I am married for love and I might not even get my second green card :-(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

how did your husband receive his green card, ages ago ? rather - on what basis ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think you are at your husband's mercy for lying to you and USCIS. NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE "forgets" that they were previously married and divorced. NO ONE. No one does not know when their spouse was born. No one, when asked if they had children, does not claim children from past relationships. You may have married for love but there are lots of red flags here. Why did your husband jeopardize your relationship and immigration status like this? Look inward, not outward, for solutions.

Honestly, if I were the Immigration Officer (IO), I would have reacted in the same way. Good luck!

True every statement you said. Please OP, open your eyes and really take an objective view of all these recent events. Where there is smoke there is fire. Good luck.

--------------------------------K-1----------------------------
October 1, 2011 Mailed I-129F Application
October 7, 20122 Notice Date of NOA 1
February 15, 2012 Received Hard Copy of Approved NOA 2
March 8, 2012 Rec email Pacs 3/4 US Embassy in Bogota
March 29, 2012 Scheduled Interview
June 7, 2012 Interview APPROVED!

------------------------------Arrival @ LAX-----------------------------
July 27, 2012 Arrived POE @ LAX
October 21, 2012 Married (L) (L)

------------------------------AOS----------------------------------
April 20, 2013 Mailed AOS package

April 29, 2013 AOS NOA

May 22, 2013 Biometric date

June 7, 2013 NOA, rec. interview date for 7-16-13

June 18, 2013 EAD/AP Approved

June 29, 2013 Rec. in mail EAD/AP combo card

July 8, 2013 AOS process on HOLD, interview canceled unsure.png as wife returned to Colombia on medical emergency!

Oct. 17, 2013 AOS Interview re-schedule to November 20, 2013

Nov. 1, 2013 Rec. Notice from USCIS that 11-20-13 interview "due to unforseen circumstances" has been CANCELED. girlwerewolf2xn.gif

December 18, 2013 Rec. notice that AOS interview has been re-scheduled for January 17, 2014 (we will see)

January 17, 2014 Interview and AOS was APPROVED! dancin5hr.gif

January 27, 2014 Received GREEN CARD in mail! kicking.gif

-----------------------ROC----------------------

December 23, 2015 ROC Mailed I-751 to CSC

December 30, 2015 ROC NOA1

January 25, 2016 ROC Bio appointment

May 26, 2016 Approved!

June 4, 2016 - Received 10-year PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD in mail! :thumbs:

-----------------------CITIZENSHIP------------------

November 16, 2016 Mailed

November 19, 2016 NOA date

December 13, 2016 Biometrics

To be fair, some people are bad at dates or don't find them important. My husband has forgotten plenty of dates, even for himself. Today he told me his wrong birthdate. Mine is the 28th, and his the 27th (not the same month). He told me his birthdate was coming up, on the 28th. He's also forgotten how old he is several times.

My parents never celebrated their anniversary. I have no idea what day they married. My dad's on his 3rd marriage, my mom married and divorced twice, and I have the feeling they don't remember any of those dates.

Its the lying about a past marriage and not mentioning kids that is concerning. But I hope you aren't punished for this. I hope you have a serious conversation with your husband, especially if you're going to have a child together.

Edited by Harmonia

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So many red flags in this story:

1. You have been married to your husband for 4 years but you knew he was previously married only a year ago. What do you expect an IO to think about this?

2. He cannot remember how many years he was married and when he divorced. Really?

3. Husband doesn't go to the hospital with you for ultrasound pics

4. Don't know if this is true but the way you wrote it: "She asked about their names, ages, and baby moms names" makes it sound like he made children with more than one woman

5. He can't remember your year of birth

6. Big question... You know your husband hid a big secret from you yet you are completely okay with it?

I'm not judging you... I don't know you or your family but if my husband hid a marriage from me, I would be a lot more concerned about spousal dishonesty than worrying when I'll get a green card. As an outsider reading your thread, everything looks fishy. The IO did exactly what would be expected of a case like this.

There is more to the story, OP only found out about marriage when husband was filing for his daughter who lives outside of US, and he put marriage on her petition.

OP, you have to know regardless of a bonafide marriage, the deceit from your husband complicates your benefits. You said it in previous posts, that you had no clue he had been married, and he never put it in your petition. Now the IO has to verify the marriage, and the divorce to ensure you are eligible for the benefits you have received.

You may need to obtain a lawyer. Good Luck!

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i still want to know on what basis/visa the husband entered the country.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sounds like more of a AOS interview than an ROC interview, in our state, we could not lie about our previous marriages, both my wife and I were previously married. just once, so wanted to see our divorce papers before they issued a marriage license. Just wanted to see my driver's license as proof of residence of our state.

Wanted to see all this stuff at our AOS interview, not my driver's license, but my birth certificate as proof I was a US citizen, ironically all this stuff again, including my divorce papers, 51 pages at my wife's citizenship interview, how did she manage to get a green card in the first place?

Yes, have to list all of your kids, natural, adopted, step, for us that was eight. For the ROC, proof of our marriage was that we were paying taxes and bills together, had joint accounts, insurance, and joint ownership of legal stuff, like our home, vehicles, and dog. Ha, a good marriage is showing both your names are on a worthless utility bill. They don't care whose name is on that bill, always go against the homes owner for past unpaid bills.

Never asked us if we kissed or slept together. Didn't have anything to do with love.

Answers:

He was born in the US because his mom had difficult pregnancy and they could both die. When he was 2 he moved back to his mom´s country and he grew up there. Both of his kids are from different women. We never put kids on the documents because they were not applying for the green card with me, and on the page with instructions it states to include the kids that are applying at the same time or in a short period. I wanted to include them in the form N-400 because there it says: all the children without any specifications. I think that the only reason that they have this information is because he tried to get the papers for his oldest daughter. Yes, he has bad memory for dates, and numbers. I am the one that helps him with that part of his job. I guess I will have to wait for the letter to arrive, and in the worst case scenario hire an immigration attorney.

Thank you all for your comments. I really appreciate it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Tbh there're so many red flags in the interview you had that I'm not surprised USCIS couldn't make decision. I get that some people are bad at dates, but not remembering anything about his past marriage, even how long it did lasted? Why did he lie to you about his past marriage and why did you (or he) not put this information on your papers? I think USCIS officer has right to be suspicious if your husband concealing his past mariage from you. Same about kids? It's a pure misrepresentation and USCIS has right to be harsh about it because if you lied about one thing, how do they know you didn't lie about everything else? Your husband doesn'r remember your year of birth? There're too much of suspicious answers in this intervew to simply approve your application as it looks to me.

- Victor from Russia

Our timlines K1 visa - Citizenship (06.28.2011 - 08.01.2016)

K1 Visa Timeline (06.28.2011 - 04.07.2012)

• 06-28-2011: I-129F sent to Dallas
  • 07-05-2011: NOA1 (CSC)
  • 01-05-2012: NOA2 (184 days since NOA1)
  • 01-13-2012: NVC passed
  • 01-19-2012: Embassy received our case
  • 02-14-2012: Interview PASSED! :D K-1 Visa Approved! :D
  • 03-08-2012: POE
  • 04-07-2012: Wedding!

AOS/EAD Timeline (04.26.2012 - 12.13.2012)

• 04-26-2012: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox
  • 05-02-2012: NOA1 (both I-485 and I-765)
  • 05-23-2012: Biometrics taken
  • 07-02-2012: Employment Authorization Issued (07-09-2012 - received in the mail)
  • 12-03-2012: Made Service Request for I-485, because case is beyond processing time
  • 12-07-2012: I-485 APPROVED! 219 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 12-13-2012: GreenCard in the mailbox, done with AOS!

Lifting of conditions Timeline (09.04.2014 - 01.14.2015)

• 09-04-2014: I-751 sent to CSC
  • 09-08-2014: NOA1
  • 11-10-2014: Biometrics taken
  • 01-07-2015: Approved! Only 122 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 01-14-2015: GreenCard in the mailbox

Citizenship Timeline (09.03.2015 - 01.08.2016)

- 09-03-2015: N-400 sent to Phoenix

- 09-10-2015: NOA1

- 10-08-2015: Biometrics taken

- 10-28-2015: Case is in line for an interview

- 11-02-2015: Letter with Naturalization Interview Appointment

- 12-07-2015: Interview passed

- 01-08-2016: Naturalization Oath Ceremony, I'm a US citizen now!

tTM3p3.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.