CHIQUITALOK

IV PROCCESSING TIME (supervisor review )

12 posts in this topic

Hello just wanted to know if anyone has gotten the immigration visa application in hands of a supervisor review ? IV application was submitted on 10/02/15 it said it would get reviewed within 30 business days. 11/03 nothing was done so it was sent to a supervisor review until this day I haven't heard anything. I am so sad they said its about 42 days from 11/3 it will almost be 42 days but nothing yet. Anybody went thru this? That's all they need to review to get a CC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

How do you know that the DS-260 is the only thing left to be reviewed? I submitted my DS-260 on May 1st, we were put on supervisor review on June 25th and then our case just sat on a desk till our Senator got involved three months later. It took us four months of Supervisor review to get cc.

Supervisor review is a lottery, if you're lucky, you get reviewed within 42 days, if you're unlucky, you can be stuck for months. I would wait till you're on day 46 and then contact your Senator for help. Good luck.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The exact same thing happened to us. I submitted my IV and AOS documents together in May 2015 electronically. They only processed my IV fee in July and I completed the DS-260 August 1, 2015. By September 1, 2015, no one had reviewed anything and that was all that was needed for a CC. We spoke to a supervisor by the name of Molly in the first week of September and within a week of speaking to her, our case was complete and I had my interview 5 weeks later. It's frustrating that they take so long for something so simple - they never stick to the timelines they give themselves.

Hello just wanted to know if anyone has gotten the immigration visa application in hands of a supervisor review ? IV application was submitted on 10/02/15 it said it would get reviewed within 30 business days. 11/03 nothing was done so it was sent to a supervisor review until this day I haven't heard anything. I am so sad they said its about 42 days from 11/3 it will almost be 42 days but nothing yet. Anybody went thru this? That's all they need to review to get a CC

USCIS Stage (at Nebraska Service Center) (5 months, 21 days):
October 5, 2014 - Filed I-130
October 9, 2014 – NOA 1
March 25, 2015 – NOA 2 – Approved!

NVC STAGE (5 months, 28 days, including transit time):

April 17, 2015 - Received Case NVC Welcome Letter and AOS Invoice
April 22, 2015- Paid AOS Bill Online

April 23, 2015 – Completed DS-261
April 26, 2015 – Sent AOS Package via Electronic Processing
May 1, 2015 – Sent IV Package via Electronic Processing

July 20, 2015 – Received IV Invoice

July 27, 2015 – Paid IV Invoice

August 1, 2015 - DS-260 Completed
September 8, 2015 - Case Complete
September 18, 2015 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(October 26, 2015 @ 8:30am)

September 22, 2015 – Packet 4 Received (via Email)

Medical/Consulate/POE (42 days):
September 28, 2015 - Medical at Dr. Lyndon's in Toronto
October 26, 2015 – Interview in Montreal: VISA APPROVED!!!!

October 27, 2015 - CEAC status changes to Issued
October 30, 2015 - Passport in hand (Picked up from Brampton)
November 8, 2015 - POE (Peace Bridge, Canada-US Border)

In the United States:

November 18, 2015 - Received SSN in mail (I ticked the box on the DS-260 for it to be delivered)

December 5, 2015 - Received Conditional Green Card in mail

Removal of Conditions:

August 28, 2017 - Mailed I-751 package with USPS to VSC

August 30, 2017 - Per USPS tracking, package was delivered to St. Albans, VT

September 7, 2017 - VSC cashed check

September 11, 2017 - Received NOA (receipt date of Aug 31)

September 23, 2017 - I-797C Received (receipt date of Sept 15)

October 6, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

August 13, 2018 - I-797 Received (receipt date of August 6) extending status for 18 months

November 13, 2018 - I-751 Approval

November 21, 2018 - New 10-Year Green Card In Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The exact same thing happened to us. I submitted my IV and AOS documents together in May 2015 electronically. They only processed my IV fee in July and I completed the DS-260 August 1, 2015. By September 1, 2015, no one had reviewed anything and that was all that was needed for a CC. We spoke to a supervisor by the name of Molly in the first week of September and within a week of speaking to her, our case was complete and I had my interview 5 weeks later. It's frustrating that they take so long for something so simple - they never stick to the timelines they give themselves.

I'm not sure if you'll have the answer, but it sounds like you might have the answer I am looking for right now. When you call NVC, the first level people you talk to always give the generic "wait x amount of days" answer. I can then ask to talk to a supervisor, correct? Can I ask to also talk to "Molly" or should I befriend the random supervisor they forward me toward? What words do I use to ask that? Should I ask to "Talk to the supervisor who is possibly reviewing my case?"

I just want to know what I should say and ask to get to the right person higher up than 1st level people. I've talked to 1st level people and they're very nice but I just want to know more of what is going on.

Thanks in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

Yes, the first level people aren't terribly helpful. They just give you scripted answers. You have the right to speak to a supervisor. Usually, this is just the available supervisor on the floor - the first one I spoke to and that handled my case initially was Betty. She wasn't good at all and didn't help our case and make things move faster. The one that helped with the DS-260 processing and CC was Molly. When you call them, you can ask to speak with a supervisor by the name of Molly but that of course depends on whether she's there, if she's free, etc. Give it a try and if it doesn't work, call back the next day and ask to speak to some other supervisor. I'm sure one of them will be able to help. Good luck!

I'm not sure if you'll have the answer, but it sounds like you might have the answer I am looking for right now. When you call NVC, the first level people you talk to always give the generic "wait x amount of days" answer. I can then ask to talk to a supervisor, correct? Can I ask to also talk to "Molly" or should I befriend the random supervisor they forward me toward? What words do I use to ask that? Should I ask to "Talk to the supervisor who is possibly reviewing my case?"

I just want to know what I should say and ask to get to the right person higher up than 1st level people. I've talked to 1st level people and they're very nice but I just want to know more of what is going on.

Thanks in advance

USCIS Stage (at Nebraska Service Center) (5 months, 21 days):
October 5, 2014 - Filed I-130
October 9, 2014 – NOA 1
March 25, 2015 – NOA 2 – Approved!

NVC STAGE (5 months, 28 days, including transit time):

April 17, 2015 - Received Case NVC Welcome Letter and AOS Invoice
April 22, 2015- Paid AOS Bill Online

April 23, 2015 – Completed DS-261
April 26, 2015 – Sent AOS Package via Electronic Processing
May 1, 2015 – Sent IV Package via Electronic Processing

July 20, 2015 – Received IV Invoice

July 27, 2015 – Paid IV Invoice

August 1, 2015 - DS-260 Completed
September 8, 2015 - Case Complete
September 18, 2015 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(October 26, 2015 @ 8:30am)

September 22, 2015 – Packet 4 Received (via Email)

Medical/Consulate/POE (42 days):
September 28, 2015 - Medical at Dr. Lyndon's in Toronto
October 26, 2015 – Interview in Montreal: VISA APPROVED!!!!

October 27, 2015 - CEAC status changes to Issued
October 30, 2015 - Passport in hand (Picked up from Brampton)
November 8, 2015 - POE (Peace Bridge, Canada-US Border)

In the United States:

November 18, 2015 - Received SSN in mail (I ticked the box on the DS-260 for it to be delivered)

December 5, 2015 - Received Conditional Green Card in mail

Removal of Conditions:

August 28, 2017 - Mailed I-751 package with USPS to VSC

August 30, 2017 - Per USPS tracking, package was delivered to St. Albans, VT

September 7, 2017 - VSC cashed check

September 11, 2017 - Received NOA (receipt date of Aug 31)

September 23, 2017 - I-797C Received (receipt date of Sept 15)

October 6, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment

August 13, 2018 - I-797 Received (receipt date of August 6) extending status for 18 months

November 13, 2018 - I-751 Approval

November 21, 2018 - New 10-Year Green Card In Hand

Thank you for your reply you give me hope . I

Will do my best to get a hold of a supervisor hopefully I have the same luck as you did.

Hello .. Just wanted to share with you guys that my case was completed today :-) tomorrow would have been exactly 42 days of being in " supervisor review " yay I'm so happy nothing negative happened . I received and email confirming my case was complete and I also checked online it shows the 3 N/a 's . God bless everyone good luck !!!

Hi,

Yes, the first level people aren't terribly helpful. They just give you scripted answers. You have the right to speak to a supervisor. Usually, this is just the available supervisor on the floor - the first one I spoke to and that handled my case initially was Betty. She wasn't good at all and didn't help our case and make things move faster. The one that helped with the DS-260 processing and CC was Molly. When you call them, you can ask to speak with a supervisor by the name of Molly but that of course depends on whether she's there, if she's free, etc. Give it a try and if it doesn't work, call back the next day and ask to speak to some other supervisor. I'm sure one of them will be able to help. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, my checklist (military record) scan date is Nov 6 , supervisor review Dec 9 , no news yet

Keep calling NVC my case got reviewed exactly 40 days after it was put on supervisor review

My case has been completed but i didn't get 3 N/A, what should i do guys?

Check again you should have the 3 n/a now . My case got completed on 12/14 mine was showing same day .

Filed: Other Country: Iran
Timeline

hello guys, today NVC sent me an email and they wrote as following:

Dear Sir/Madam,

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

But i didn't receive 3N/A ? what does it mean?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.