aysha&saad

Which is better K1 Fiance of K3 Wedding Visa

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

We met on the internet. Fell in love. I visited him in Morocco and we now want to marry in December in Morocco. We know about the long list of documents required to marry there. The current struggle is with money for another flight during peak travel seasons when tickets are costing 2-3 thousand dollars. We will go to the US Consulate/Embassy in Rabat Morocco to get the document called the Certificate of Marriage Eligibility (which we know the US doesn't give out but we will make the hand written document there and have it notarized to satisfy Morocco.) We will also get the certificate of Nationality there. Then we need the criminal check for Morocco, to prove I didn't committ any crimes in Morocco. This document comes from another office. I can come to Morocco around the 19-21 of December and return around Jan. 2, but the fear is that we cannot get all of the documents so quickly. In Morocco you must have much patience.

So we have documented our visit of almost two weeks together, living with his family. We have a good foundation to begin our VISA application, BUT we now are worried about which VISA to choose. So who can offer up PROS and CONS to the two visas. I am US born American with American parents and he is Moroccan born with Moroccan parents. We are both Muslim and have no children.

Thanks,

Aysha&Saad

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

neither, if you are going to get married in December, then you cannot file the K1, which is for fiancé visa and to marry in the US within 90 days of your fiancé entering the US

you won't get that visa until next year

if you marry and file for the i130 CR1 visa, because the K3 is obsolete, or almost obsolete, the process takes around 1 year, and you have to send proof of a bona fide marriage

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

We are praying about NOT marrying in December and INSTEAD applying for the Fiance' Visa instead due to the high costs of returning to Morocco and the possible long wait at the consulate in Morocco for the Wedding VISA (whatever visa it is currently called). I was trying to read about pros and cons of the fiance' visa regarding qetting work privelages and so forth quickly as well as the process timeline of actually getting him in the country to be with me.

So at this point, we have no solid plans until we decide which VISA best suits our situation (inshallah). We appreciate your info and would care for more information from you including any personal info you have on Morocco.

Thanks,

Aysha&Saad

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Read up in your regional forum. Your Embassy is VERY hard for K-1s, much easier for CR-1s.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

I am married to a Moroccan and we are currently going through the CR1 (spousal visa) process. We were married in Marrakech, Morocco in May of this year. I had been living there for nearly a year. It took about 3 weeks for us to get married from beginning to end and that included trips to Casablanca to the US Embassy for the certificate of nationality and eligibility to marry and then to Rabat to the ministry of Justice for the paperwork showing you are not wanted or involved in anything in Morocco. There is an additional office you must visit in Rabat, which I will have to look up.

If you need or want any other info, private message me. We were going to get married either way, whether there or here and we just decided to do it there. We had the time as I was living there.

From what I've heard due to Morocco being a high fraud country that it is sometimes difficult to get a fiance' visa. However, there are those on this site who are from Morocco who have been successful. You should be able to find airfare to Morocco for around 800 dollars or maybe a little more. What sites are you trying and what airport are you flying into in Morocco....that makes a difference too.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

~~moved to what visa do I need from K1 process and procedures. OP is discussing different visa paths~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

K1( fiancee visa) is the fastest, the CR1 ( marriage visa ) takes way longer. and Casablanca has been easy giving K1s because all the friends i have made here on VJ got their visas even when having red flags like age difference.
do the K1 visa , enjoy the trip and take many pictures and other things as proofs.
inshallah everything will be fine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Here is a comparison chart, forget the K3 reference as it has become obsolete.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

If I were in your position, I would go to Morocco in December, NOT marry, enjoy your time there without the stress, return to the USA, and apply for the fiance visa.

The Moroccan consulate has historically been difficult with some K-1s but the majority of applicants pass through without problems (including my husband). Having two trips together instead of one will greatly improve your chances of success. The K1 is currently significantly faster than the CR-1, and based on what others have said over the years, I'm not even certain that you can get married in Morocco in the time frame that you have available. If you go the K-1 route, he will need to adjust status once you marry in the USA. It will take between 60-90 days after that application for him to receive a work permit. Waiting for the work permit is kind of the only downside compared to a CR1. When applying for either visa, I strongly recommend that you front-load your application with relationship proof, pictures with his family, and evidence of a strong bond. this consulate has been known to seem as though they make visa decisions before the interview (the interview just being a formality).

If you dig around, you will read some horror stories about the Moroccan consulate on here. Some couple have been denied the K1 and have to marry and apply for a CR1. Some even have multiple denials. Please keep in mind that these are not the normal experiences. Typically these couples have extraordinary circumstances that are not evident at first or disclosed openly (large age gap, previously petitioned by someone else, etc). Most couples pass through without any issues, and therefore don't have stories to write about.

I hope this was helpful!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We tried the K 1 and in Morocco it is rarely, really rarely, approved

If i can suggest anything i would say (only when you completely trust him) send documents ahead for him to have translated/ it saves a lot of time

then all you will need while in Morrocco are the certificate from our embassy and certificate from Foreign Minister office in Morocco, (6 copies of all documents)

you will get crimianal investigation report here in US before u go / only good for 3 months)

Medical exam done in Morocco

don't waste money on K 1 / get married

and the best to you

my husband is here now

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

k1 visa is the fastest honestly but Morocco is one of those countries where the k1 visa is really really hard to get...I would definitely go with the cr1!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

2-3. Thousand for a ticket I have flown 4 times to Morocco in past year and each ticket was only 700-1000 from Boston .

K1 visa is fastest if. You will marry in USA . From tm

K1 visa is fastest if. You will marry in USA . From the time we filed to visa in. Hand only took 4 months . Most k1 are approved unless you have Red flags the day my fiancé went to his interview all 14 k visa v

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Day my fiancé had his interview all 14 k1 visa were approved . So out of the 14 that day all approved good luck as you long as you no each other well you should be fine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.