ZaakirahM

Gambia / Senegal Interview Experiences

268 posts in this topic

Zakaariya u dont need to schedule appointment .

If u want to do medicale with dr Kane u have to come in evening that they said me monday to thursday but i didnt do my medicale with Dr kane they said me she is busy they sent me email to say me i have to do my medicale for others Dr.

If u want do your medicale for others docteurs (2 Dr)u have to go there 8:00 am or 9:00 am

Then bring 85.000 CFA u have to pay that 79.500 CFA .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Okay.

I was not sure if an appointment was actually made.

But the receptionist did take my husband's name down and she knows that he will be there Wednesday evening.

Dr. Kane's office now only does embassy related medical exams Wednesday and Friday after 4pm.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hello everyone, my husband had his interview today and got put on AP. He has to go back for his vaccinations on Nov 25th and they also want more proof of our relationship. He showed them about 5-10 photos, marriage certificate, only 1 viber conversation (my husband didn't print out all of our conversations. Only 1 from viber....sigh) He's going to drop off more proof when he turns in the medical. When we called to confirm before the appointment he was told to take the printout of the email. he showed it and He says then they gave him a hard time even getting into the embassy. Then, lady asked tons of questions during the interview, such as

1) where do i live

2) where do my parents live

3) do i have brothers and sisters? if so, how many?

4) where do they all work?

5) what do i tell my husband about washington, dc

6) and more about our relationship. don't have those yet to tell

Edited by Renee14

Timeline

Hello everyone, my husband had his interview today and got put on AP. He has to go back for his vaccinations on Nov 25th and they also want more proof of our relationship. He showed them about 5-10 photos, marriage certificate, only 1 viber conversation (my husband didn't print out all of our conversations. Only 1 from viber....sigh) He's going to drop off more proof when he turns in the medical. When we called to confirm before the appointment he was told to take the printout of the email. he showed it and He says then they gave him a hard time even getting into the embassy. Then, lady asked tons of questions during the interview, such as

1) where do i live

2) where do my parents live

3) do i have brothers and sisters? if so, how many?

4) where do they all work?

5) what do i tell my husband about washington, dc

6) and more about our relationship. don't have those yet to tell

Well, congratulations on making it thru the interview. Because it does sound like you make it thru vs to, meaning a good AP vs a bad AP.

Thanks for sharing your husband's interview questions.

Looking forward to the update once he goes back at the end of the month.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband shared his experience. he arrived to the Embassy at 6:40am, the Embassy opened at 7:05 am. He went through security and waited to be called upon. At the window a man asked him these questions.

1. who filed for you?
2. how did you discover each other?
3. What conversation did you first have?
4. What was the conversation about?
5. Has your spouse been married before?
6. is this your first marriage?
7. Did you know your spouse has children?
8. How many children does she have?
9. Do you have children?
10. When did you first meet face to face and where did you meet?
11. Was it the same time you met you got married?
12. What is your wife's profession?
13. What is her profession about?

Then the CO told him to wait then he came back to the window and asked to see his original documents, He told him to wait again and when he came back he said okay finger print here and come back next week to pick up your Visa and passport. Take this slip and bring it when you come back.

He said the CO was emotionless, he didn't smile but he did twitch his nose. Overall it was a good interview and he heard those magic words "your approved".

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

My husband shared his experience. he arrived to the Embassy at 6:40am, the Embassy opened at 7:05 am. He went through security and waited to be called upon. At the window a man asked him these questions.

1. who filed for you?

9. Do you have children?

Then the CO told him to wait then he came back to the window and asked to see his original documents, He told him to wait again and when he came back he said okay finger print here and come back next week to pick up your Visa and passport. Take this slip and bring it when you come back.

He said the CO was emotionless, he didn't smile but he did twitch his nose. Overall it was a good interview and he heard those magic words "your approved".

Don't mean to be too intrusive but i am curious about your answer to question 11, because my husband and i married the first week we met face to face.If you did the same, and got approved it lets me know not to be concerned about it.

Also, what types of proofs of your relationship did he bring?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Just so you know...this is the information I received for the medical examination when I received my p3 instructions letter on October 30th...there has been a slight change:

Applicants should make an appointment at least five (5) working days prior to their interview with one of the above physicians and present ten (10) photos which shall be affixed on various pages of the medical report. Applicants must bring their passports. Refugees must bring a document with their picture for verification of their identity. If the doctor finds no medical conditions which would preclude the issuance of a visa, he will return the form DS-2053 and the test results to the applicant. If there are questions about the medical results, the doctor will send the report directly to the Embassy.

Do the dr's take the photos or my husband should supply them? Are they talking about passport photos or what type?

Thanks

Timeline

Don't mean to be too intrusive but i am curious about your answer to question 11, because my husband and i married the first week we met face to face.If you did the same, and got approved it lets me know not to be concerned about it.

Also, what types of proofs of your relationship did he bring?

Thanks

No worries about being intrusive. We married the second week I was in The Gambia. I was not leaving there until he was my husband lol. I sent him 3 chats from every month that I didn't send to the USCIS. I also sent in as many call logs from viber, WhatsApp, and our glides, well they were screen shots. I also sent with him all photos of cards and gifts he sent me. They never asked for anything at all but we had them just incase.

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

Timeline

Do the dr's take the photos or my husband should supply them? Are they talking about passport photos or what type?

Thanks

Just chiming in Jenn make sure he gets several passport photos and by all means make sure he measures them as they are to be 2X2 in size. He will need the passport photos for the doctor and the embassy

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

Timeline

Thanks

For Dr. Awa Kane, my husband had to take the passport pictures to her.

I've heard from Renee14 that Dr. Hassan Bahsoun takes the pictures himself.

So...my personal suggestion would be to get the 10 passport pictures done just to be safe.

1. who filed for you?

9. Do you have children?

Thank you for sharing!

Good Morning, Afternoon, or Evening

I have on interview on 12/15 I have not received my P3 email yet Medical Examination. I would like to make this process as simple as possible and since I really have to get this right the first time around.

I have read every post in this form and I want to make sure the husband ready for both the interview and the medical exam.

Medical Review

Should be done 3 weeks prior to interview date

Medical Review Letter

Current Passport

ID

25,000 CFA (1605 GMD) (42 USD) Medical

20,000 CFA (1284 GMD) (33 USD) X-Ray

20,000 CFA (1284 GMD) (33 USD) Blood Work

20,000 CFA (1284 GMD) (33 USD) Vaccinations

10-14 2x2 Passport Photos

Setup an Appointment depending on Doctor

He will need to have x-rays, vaccinations and a sealed envelope to take with him to him Interview Date

Insha’Allah all this will go over smoothly

***Did the currency conversion so that anyone can reply back…

Interview Date:

Should be 1 hour early for the appointment

Interview Letter

Sealed envelope from the Medical Exam

Current Passport

ID

AOS Application

IV Application

Pay slips from January 2015 to November 2015

W-2 for the last 3 years

Bank Statement

2-4 2x2 Passport Photos

Proof of Marriage: Wedding Photos, Affidavits from family and friends, Phone records, Copy of my SS Card, and DL to prove I change my last name, Marriage Certificate

Original and Copy of the following: His birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Copy of Gambian Police Report, Passport

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Senegal, Dakar

March 30, 2015: Married in Gambia

June 30, 2015: I-130 Sent

July 7, 2015: email & text I-130 NOA1 (electronic)

July 27, 2015: USPS mail I-130 NOA1 (hardcopy)

July 23, 2015: I-130 Approved NOA2 (electronic no email checked status via USCIS.gov)

July 27, 2015: USPS mail I-130 Approved NOA2 (hardcopy)

July 28, 2015: NVC received my case from USCIS (NVC Agent)

August 17, 2015: NVC Assigned my Case (Called in and the NVC Agent provided it to me over the Phone, also updated Phone and Email and assigned Agent.)

August 17, 2015: Completed DS-261 Agent Choice

August 17, 2015: AOS Bill

August 17, 2015: Paid AOS Bill Online

August 17, 2015: Received AOS Cover Page

August 20, 2015: Received IV Bill

August 20, 2015: Paid IV Bill

September 5, 2015: NVC Received Doc (30 Day Wait Begins)

October 5, 2015: Received a Checklist Email (Missed tax documents which I know I sent)

October 9, 2015: NVC Received Checklist and missing tax forms (Round 2 of 30 Day Wait Begins)

October 21, 2015: Called NVC to check status and to ensure the forms had been received; spoke with the rudest person I even have encountered demanded a Supervisor Call back

November 9, 2015: Case Complete from the NVC (Received a direct call from the Supervisor &Appointment date)

November 11, 2015: Received email with Appointment Date and instructions

December 11, 2015: Biometric Screening and Vaccinations Complete with Sealed Envelope

December 15, 2015: Interview placed on Administrative Processing didn’t have enough evidence of relationship and original marriage license.

January 3, 2016: Submitted original marriage license, 600 pages of Viber messages was advised that they would call him and gave him a white 221g Administrative Processing

September 1, 2016: Embassy called him directly and advised him to come in any Wednesday

September 8,2016: Arrived at the Embassy they requested a 2ndBiometric Examination

September 28,2016: Arrived at Embassy with 2nd Biometric Examination Complete with Sealed Envelope received a green ticket and advised to return on next Thursday. (8 day wait begins)

October 6, 2016: Visa APPROVED and in HAND

October 6,2016: USCIS Immigrant Fee (Green Card Fee) Billed

October 6,2016: USCIS Immigrant Fee (Green Card Fee) Paid

October 6,2016: Airline Ticket Purchased expected arrival for October 11,2016 Insha’Allah

AKqjm5.png

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I knew no other way than this, where 'I' does not exist, nor 'you'. So close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

Timeline

Good Morning, Afternoon, or Evening

I have on interview on 12/15 I have not received my P3 email yet Medical Examination. I would like to make this process as simple as possible and since I really have to get this right the first time around. Congratulations on getting an interview date!

I have read every post in this form and I want to make sure the husband ready for both the interview and the medical exam.

Medical Review

Should be done 3 weeks prior to interview date

Medical Review Letter

Current Passport

ID

25,000 CFA (1605 GMD) (42 USD) Medical

20,000 CFA (1284 GMD) (33 USD) X-Ray

20,000 CFA (1284 GMD) (33 USD) Blood Work

20,000 CFA (1284 GMD) (33 USD) Vaccinations

10-14 2x2 Passport Photos

Setup an Appointment depending on Doctor

He will need to have x-rays, vaccinations and a sealed envelope to take with him to him Interview Date

Insha’Allah all this will go over smoothly

***Did the currency conversion so that anyone can reply back…

Interview Date:

Should be 1 hour early for the appointment

Interview Letter

Sealed envelope from the Medical Exam

Current Passport

ID

AOS Application

IV Application

Pay slips from January 2015 to November 2015

W-2 for the last 3 years

Bank Statement

2-4 2x2 Passport Photos

Proof of Marriage: Wedding Photos, Affidavits from family and friends, Phone records, Copy of my SS Card, and DL to prove I change my last name, Marriage Certificate

Original and Copy of the following: His birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Copy of Gambian Police Report, Passport

--If your spouse can get it done three weeks beforehand, great. because the process itself really does take 3-4 days and the expenses definitely add up to stay in Dakar from Gambia for 3 weeks before interview.

Based off of the letter I received from the Embassy and based off of communicating with Dr. Kane's office, It is 35,000 CFA for Medical. Approximately 25,000 CFA for X ray, 5,000 CFA for blood test and 7,000-10,000 CFA for vaccinations.

You will need 10-12 passport photos. 10 Photos for the Dr.'s office. Dr. Awa Kane's office only needed 4. And then only 2 passport photos is needed at the embassy.

For the interview, a minimum of 1 hour early, yes.

The passport is the ID.

The IV application...they really only need the barcoded confirmation page.

Make sure the photos have details written on the back of them

Otherwise, it looks good.

I personally sent my husband a cover letter that looks like the one above to help him stay organized in the expandable folder I sent for him to take to interview.

Timeline

Update on the medical exam now that my husband has completed it:

Hubby waited about 2 hours to be seen by Dr. Awa Kane on Weds Nov 11. A nurse simply examined him (full body exam).

The next day (November 12th) he went for his x-ray and blood test at two different locations. Got the x-ray results the same day.

Friday the 13th, he returns to get blood results.

November 16: He returned to Dr. Kane's office to turn in x-ray and blood results, and finally finished with the medical exam. He actually received the medical results in a sealed envelope the same day he delivered the blood and x-ray results. He said he had to go get the vaccine needed (he does not have a vaccine record) from another location. He paid 10,000 CFA for the vaccine. Altogether it took about 4 hours that day.

So I guess my suggestion for you is to schedule the medical exam a minimum of 5 working days before the interview. It is literally a 4-day process. But also call to make an appointment first with Dr. Kane before calling any of the other two.

if you choose to make an appointment with Dr. Kane, you would have to be patient on the phone as English is not their first language. The menu is in French, the first receptionist you speak to is speaking in French. I googled how to say English please in French, and just repeated myself until I heard "hello". It doesn't matter who makes the call. I asked hubby to make the call originally. He got impatient and simply told me they speak French. But when I called (thru Google Voice or Rebtel), I waited a couple of minutes and got thru to an English speaking person.

So, excluding paying for transportation to and from each location, he paid 70,000 CFA for the entire medical exam.

I hope this helps.

Edited by ZaakirahDemba

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.