ZaakirahM

Gambia / Senegal Interview Experiences

268 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

That's good news , cause that's the way I did my , after they called my wife , they called me , he should move very past to Dakar , cause delay may cause harm , when he arriver in Senegal , at the embassy main gate , the officer will not allow him to enter , cause maybe his name didn't appear people that will be in the embassy that date , but when the guy on the gate ask him his passport , he will enter it on the system to see if he got appointment that date , he should not move , if the office tell him that he didn't have appointment here , he should tell him , the embassy called him , the officer will commicate with the embassy inside , he will

Let in , happy for you

I pray so Luckef, he is planning to go there on Monday so he came get there by 9 am on Tuesday. I will tell him not to leave and I believe he needs to get something from them to get his medical certificate.

https://youtu.be/rHQuMoJ3Xrk

Lifting Conditions

Date Filed : 2018-09-12
NOA Date : 2018-09-18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

dont worry ,since they called him,he will have the visa,maybe they updated his case today,he is very lucky,you can write the usa embassy about his coming,tell them they called your husband to be,that he will be there on tuesday,nomally immigrant visa ,its only issued on tuesday and thursday,once they give him ,green sticker,he should go to his hotel room celebrating ,he will ask to come back on thursday or tuesday,at 2pm,,he need to keep that sticker safe,cause without that,you will not be allowed to enter the embassy,once he open the passport,the visa will be inside,valid for 6months,and some evenlope ,they will tell him not to open the evenlope ,its only usa immigreation has the right to open it,at the point of his entry to usa, as soon as he present his passport,the officer will be expecting the evenlope,iam for him,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just so you know...this is the information I received for the medical examination when I received my p3 instructions letter on October 30th...there has been a slight change:

Applicants should make an appointment at least five (5) working days prior to their interview with one of the above physicians and present ten (10) photos which shall be affixed on various pages of the medical report. Applicants must bring their passports. Refugees must bring a document with their picture for verification of their identity. If the doctor finds no medical conditions which would preclude the issuance of a visa, he will return the form DS-2053 and the test results to the applicant. If there are questions about the medical results, the doctor will send the report directly to the Embassy.

Timeline

I remember they only got 2 doctors I used doctor Hassan he is from morocco , and one of her lady staff she from morocco too, I got one Gambia that will have interview on 9 of this month , I have called his brother , his brother told me he will called him and he will inform me , if the make recent change , and I will get back to you , he is still in k1 , but he is Gambia by national

Thank you for that. That will be helpful.

Timeline

Hi all,

My husband will be interviewing from Dakar, right now our case is with the NVC, we have already received instructions for more documents required, and sent them - they are saying our 30 days will for review will expire on the 16 of this month. He is Nigerian, living in Dakar so we are just looking here for any advice on a few topics -

1. I have read some conflicting things as to if I am allowed with him into the interview or if it will be beneficial for me to be there during the time?

-yes You Can be with him during the interview. They may not let you in completely, but you can be there, which is better.

2. I have also wondered about the Dr. appointment situation - I am reading two different things - that we should schedule the appointment two to three weeks prior to the interview, then some saying that we shouldn't do any sooner than 5 days? He has recently had a full check up and is healthy so we do not anticipate any problems - also what is the vaccination they require? Any recommendations on Dr that he should avoid?

-Based off of what I read, 2 week is too far in advanced. 7-10 days is better.

Here are the links that may answer your question about the vaccinations and doctor reviews:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Senegal&page=1&dfilter=5&topic=

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Senegal&cty=Dakar

Also I downloaded a document I found that talks about the general vaccines. I can share it with you if necessary.

3. If your case was expedited at the NVC, can you please tell me how/why it was as we are told now that we have submitted everything there is nothing we can do but wait.

-My case was a medical expedite. Since you are waiting for case complete...your best bet is to wait.

I sent an email to nvcexpedite@state.gov with case number in subject and included my reason why and provided supporting documents.

Check out this link: it also qualifies for NVC stage:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria#.VawHTlrVbzJ.facebook

4. Is the two week wait time for an appointment to be issued after approval at NVC still what everyone is experiencing? If so how far out were your appointments when you received them? I tried looking at timelines but i am a bit confused on some of them.

-If you saw that on the consulate page...I don't think that part is accurate. Because Dakar too is about a 60 day wait for interview once case is complete at NVC. They too have to wait for certain slots ot open up during the month as they only interview on Tuesday and Thursdays.

Also, should he expect to bring my income information to them for a spousal visa? I was thinking that the income portion was something that was already approved by the time he gets to the appointment stage.

-Yes, provide the same thing you sent to NVC just in case documents get lost, misplaced. They also like to see updated financial evidence, new paystubs, new job info, etc.

-All of this is so nerve racking - we are really hoping to be done with this in time for him to be home for Christmas - Lord willing we will finally make it through this :clock: ,

-I completely understand and I hope for the best for you too! My case has been "sitting" at the embassy for three weeks, despite seeing the CEAC update three times. Best of luck/Blessings to you.

thanks for any additional advice!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hi all,

My husband will be interviewing from Dakar, right now our case is with the NVC, we have already received instructions for more documents required, and sent them - they are saying our 30 days will for review will expire on the 16 of this month. He is Nigerian, living in Dakar so we are just looking here for any advice on a few topics -

1. I have read some conflicting things as to if I am allowed with him into the interview or if it will be beneficial for me to be there during the time?

2. I have also wondered about the Dr. appointment situation - I am reading two different things - that we should schedule the appointment two to three weeks prior to the interview, then some saying that we shouldn't do any sooner than 5 days? He has recently had a full check up and is healthy so we do not anticipate any problems - also what is the vaccination they require? Any recommendations on Dr that he should avoid?

3. If your case was expedited at the NVC, can you please tell me how/why it was as we are told now that we have submitted everything there is nothing we can do but wait.

4. Is the two week wait time for an appointment to be issued after approval at NVC still what everyone is experiencing? If so how far out were your appointments when you received them? I tried looking at timelines but i am a bit confused on some of them.

Also, should he expect to bring my income information to them for a spousal visa? I was thinking that the income portion was something that was already approved by the time he gets to the appointment stage.

All of this is so nerve racking - we are really hoping to be done with this in time for him to be home for Christmas - Lord willing we will finally make it through this :clock: , thanks for any additional advice!

Hello Everyone,

We didn't necessary follow the timelines in the P3/P4.I received a medical expedite so I'm been dealing directly with the embassy. When I initially called to schedule the interview, the representative at the embassy kept asking was the medical complete about 4 or 5 times. Then, he offered dates for my husband to come in for an interview. I didn't confirm any dates because at this point I was concerned about the medical and figured I would get back to the embassy to confirm the interview, especially after reading some of the other posts..

My husband left for dakar the next day and went straight for his exam. There was a lot of back and forth between various exam locations, such as blood work and x-ray. He received exam results and 10 photos in his hand to take to the interview. But he did have to give the blood work results back to the doctor. On the last trip to Dr Hassan after he takes your blood work results, he is currently advising everyone to come back in 2.5 - 3 weeks from your initial doctor visit NO MATTER WHEN YOUR INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED for the vaccinations. I suggest asking the doctors on the list when you should expect your vaccinations when making your initial appointment. This seems to be the delay. My guess is that they are low on supplies. My husband mentioned there were lots of people there complaining about the same thing. Get your medical exam as soon as you can. Even more than 3 weeks out if you can get in with the doctor.

It's too late for us for but i'm wondering if it's better to have the immunizations elsewhere then bring the records to the embassy doctor for proof of the immunizations. Just a thought.

Edited by Renee14

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

We didn't necessary follow the timelines in the P3/P4.I received a medical expedite so I'm been dealing directly with the embassy. When I initially called to schedule the interview, the representative at the embassy kept asking was the medical complete about 4 or 5 times. Then, he offered dates for my husband to come in for an interview. I didn't confirm any dates because at this point I was concerned about the medical and figured I would get back to the embassy to confirm the interview, especially after reading some of the other posts..

My husband left for dakar the next day and went straight for his exam. There was a lot of back and forth between various exam locations, such as blood work and x-ray. He received exam results and 10 photos in his hand to take to the interview. But he did have to give the blood work results back to the doctor. On the last trip to Dr Hassan after he takes your blood work results, he is currently advising everyone to come back in 2.5 - 3 weeks from your initial doctor visit NO MATTER WHEN YOUR INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED for the vaccinations. I suggest asking the doctors on the list when you should expect your vaccinations when making your initial appointment. This seems to be the delay. My guess is that they are low on supplies. My husband mentioned there were lots of people there complaining about the same thing. Get your medical exam as soon as you can. Even more than 3 weeks out if you can get in with the doctor.

It's too late for us for but i'm wondering if it's better to have the immunizations elsewhere then bring the records to the embassy doctor for proof of the immunizations. Just a thought.

Thank you for sharing!

my husband's medical exam is November 11th with Dr. Awa Kane. My husband's interview is then November 18th.

I will take the advice from this thread!

I will also follow up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Thank you for sharing!

my husband's medical exam is November 11th with Dr. Awa Kane. My husband's interview is then November 18th.

I will take the advice from this thread!

I will also follow up.

Yes, please do - I am wondering if Dr Kane is a different experience.

Timeline

We will find out. I think I notice that I am the first one to really have a review on Dr. Kane on here as she is a fairly new doctor to the list. So, yes I definitely will follow up.

Hello everyone.

Last Month ending october 2015 i did my médicale then i got all résulte in 24 hours (1 day ) then a docter gave me appointment for vaccination,i did it then he asked me questions about my health,i said him im not sick then i said him i never he said me never i said yes he wrote lol after vaccination he gave enveloppe for medicale then i bring to embassy thanks all

Edited by under

I wanted to do my medicale in new docter Kane but she was busy that time then she advise me to go doing my medicale to others docters then i did

Timeline

Hello everyone.

Last Month ending october 2015 i did my médicale then i got all résulte in 24 hours (1 day ) then a docter gave me appointment for vaccination,i did it then he asked me questions about my health,i said him im not sick then i said him i never he said me never i said yes he wrote lol after vaccination he gave enveloppe for medicale then i bring to embassy thanks all

Thanks for the info.

I will tell my husband.

Also...did you schedule an appointment with Dr. Kane? Or was that a walk in?

Can you also tell us about your embassy/interview experience here?

Edited by ZaakirahDemba

First u have to get your result of medicale then embassy asks first your visite medicale.

I did around 2 weeks i will share information after i will finish my process thanks all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.