Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Our RFE says

CIRCUMSTANCES OF MEETING.

You indicated that you met the beneficiary online. However, you did not provide any specific details, submit information regarding where you met the bebeficiary (i.e. website) and the circumstances under which you and beneficiary personally met to establish the relationship.

My fiance receieve the hard copy yesterday...please dues to the people experience we dont want to make any mistakes...kindly tell us how we should response to this and what and what we should add in our reply.... they also want to be sure that the website we met is not an IMB which definitely not...just want to be sure of what to say and what to send back....your help will be really appreciate...thank you

There are a couple things you want to do when you respond to this RFE. First you want to give them a short description of how you met on Tango and a short description of each time you met in person. For example, we became acquainted with each other through Tango where we started talking on DATE. We then met in person at CITY, STATE, COUNTRY(if not in US) on DATE where we spent DAYS together. (Replace the capitalized words with the actual info). Also, list any additional in person visits you've had since USCIS cares most about visits in person.

Then. email Tango customer service and get clarification via email what the website is and have them confirm for you via email that it is NOT an IMB. Also, print out the full Terms of Service on the website and highlight the section where it explains that they are not an IMB.

It may seem like a lot of information to provide, but the first part I mentioned can be a simple one page sheet. This is what others have done and had success!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There are a couple things you want to do when you respond to this RFE. First you want to give them a short description of how you met on Tango and a short description of each time you met in person. For example, we became acquainted with each other through Tango where we started talking on DATE. We then met in person at CITY, STATE, COUNTRY(if not in US) on DATE where we spent DAYS together. (Replace the capitalized words with the actual info). Also, list any additional in person visits you've had since USCIS cares most about visits in person.

Then. email Tango customer service and get clarification via email what the website is and have them confirm for you via email that it is NOT an IMB. Also, print out the full Terms of Service on the website and highlight the section where it explains that they are not an IMB.

It may seem like a lot of information to provide, but the first part I mentioned can be a simple one page sheet. This is what others have done and had success!

Okay Kat&Jon,

Thanks for your information, i have copied the message and send it to my fiance, probably she can reply the USCIS today or tomorrow, thank you once again and i will post it when we have been approved...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi, i have a question regarding our RFE, my fiance has replied to the RFE since 25th of november 2016, maybe they have bot recieve it yet... however the USCIS website says.

On November 15, 2016, the Post Office returned your document to us. We will hold your document for 180 days or until May 14, 2017.

Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the document to you. If you do not submit an online request by May 14, 2017, we will destroy your document and you will need to file a new Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), with fee.

Can someone pls tell me what could be going on or there is a mixup because my fiance recieved the document eventually and i wonder how they said the post office return the document back to them...so confusing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hi everyone. we sent our rfe back on 21Nov.. ıt was about description of relationship and certificate of my fiance. we forgot the put them first time. but I have a problem. It has been 11 business days but still they didn't received our rfe. we asked to post office and they said it delivered. And we called uscis, they said your case should be top of the stack. My question is; is this normal? I'm so worried and nervous. Please help me .

Timeline

Hi, i have a question regarding our RFE, my fiance has replied to the RFE since 25th of november 2016, maybe they have bot recieve it yet... however the USCIS website says.

On November 15, 2016, the Post Office returned your document to us. We will hold your document for 180 days or until May 14, 2017.

Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the document to you. If you do not submit an online request by May 14, 2017, we will destroy your document and you will need to file a new Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), with fee.

Can someone pls tell me what could be going on or there is a mixup because my fiance recieved the document eventually and i wonder how they said the post office return the document back to them...so confusing

There is possibly a mix up or some type of confusion. I would call USCIS and try and get a supervisor (Tier 2 officer) to get clarification. They will hopefully be able to explain why it says that and provide steps.

hi everyone. we sent our rfe back on 21Nov.. ıt was about description of relationship and certificate of my fiance. we forgot the put them first time. but I have a problem. It has been 11 business days but still they didn't received our rfe. we asked to post office and they said it delivered. And we called uscis, they said your case should be top of the stack. My question is; is this normal? I'm so worried and nervous. Please help me .

The average time it takes them to approve an RFE after updating to received is 2 weeks. If they haven't updated it to received that means that it is still waiting to be added into the system. I would call USCIS again and request to speak with a supervisor (Tier 2 Officer) to help with clarification. They may ask you to submit a formal request via the online form like they did for me. Sadly there is no rhyme or reason as to what some of the actions are that they take at CSC.

Look at my own story for example. We were approved on the same day as two other people with beneficiaries from UK but our file took 2 and a half weeks longer to reach the NVC. It is frustrating to wait and deal with the nonsense, but the best we can do is be diligent and follow up.

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/18/2016 at 7:37 PM, booboo1114 said:

Hi everyone

I am writing because we received an RFE and felt the need to post in case it is helpful for someone else. We received an RFE on April 11, 2016 through email and text on April 18th, 2016 a week later got the hard copy and it was for "Circumstance of Meeting". I thought this might be what it was for because I misinterpreted the question I sent about how we met in person rather than how and when we met in general and started dating. So since I thought that might be what it was for I gathered all the information for that so I would be ready for when I got my hard copy to return immediately. I sent a detailed description of how and when we met and since we met on a dating site called OkCupid I also sent their Terms of Service and some other legal pages I felt might be useful and an email from the website customer service stating that they were not an International Marriage Broker for fear of getting another RFE if I didn't because I have seen a lot for that. Because I had already gathered my evidence I overnighted it back the same day. I hope this helps and will keep you all updated.

My RFE was BLUE

Thanks for sharing. Could you please tell me, what exactly did you say about your first online meeting (if anything other than you met on OkCupid). I think I made a similar mistake... I gave the specific date we first started chatting, and included screen shots of our first chat, but in answering the question I focused more on the in person meetings... Really hoping for no RFE. Just sent the package today.

K1

I-129F Sent :                                       2017-01-03

I-129F NOA1 :                                     2017-01-12

I-129F NOA2 :                                     2017-04-12

NVC Received :                                   2017-05-08

Consulate Received :                          2017-05-12

Packet 3 Received :                             2017-05-15

Interview (Approved) :                        2017-06-06

Visa Received:                                    2017 06-15

US Entry (POE: Houston):                   2017 06-26

AOS

I-485 Combo Sent:                              2017-08-01

I-485 NOA1:                                        2017 08-07

Biometrics:                                         2017 08-23

I-131 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

I-765 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

Interview (No Decision)                      2017 10-25

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi we first sent out application August 10th 2016. We received an RFE which we responded to. They received out evidence of meeting in person on 19th October 2016. We have since heard nothing!!! It's approaching 3 months since we last heard anything! Is this normal? Should we contact someone? And if so who?? 

Timeline

90 days is the timeframe in which they respond, but it is 90 days from when they received your response. If it has been 90 days since they received your response (which it will have been as of January 17th) you will want to contact USCIS and ask for a tier 2 supervisor in order to get a proper status check.

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kat&Jon said:

90 days is the timeframe in which they respond, but it is 90 days from when they received your response. If it has been 90 days since they received your response (which it will have been as of January 17th) you will want to contact USCIS and ask for a tier 2 supervisor in order to get a proper status check.

Ok thanks for your help. We did call once a couple of weeks ago but just got an automated answer machine. Saying our application is being processed!! 

Timeline
On January 13, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Kat&Jon said:

Ok thanks for your help. We did call once a couple of weeks ago but just got an automated answer machine. Saying our application is being processed!! 

ok so we called on day 91. Spoke to a person who asked all the details. Explained why we were calling.... The evidence they asked for being received by them October 19th, and we've heard nothing since ?  The response we got was a confirmation number and they said our case will be reviewed and we'd hear from them within two weeks!!?? 

So does this mean they've not even looked at the evidence they requested and received 90 days ago!?? Why? And our whole application has now taken 5 months! 

Timeline

If you don't hear anything within the 2 weeks they quoted I would get your local congressman involved. At that point you would be out of the time frame for your entire application to be approved and well over the RFE timeframe. Hopefully you hear long before then though!

My hopes and prayers are with you!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Timeline

Thank you for your help!!! It does seem to be taking forever and for no reason! 

Is there an actual timeframe on the whole application? Or just the RFE!? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.