HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Stressing... so... bad. Interview is on March 22nd. Driving up there (Canada) in a couple of days and staying until the interview and afterwards, hopefully, visa. Trying to put together everything that needs to be taken... does this look pretty inclusive?

Statements of Intent to Marry
Principal Applicant Birth Certificate
Principal Applicant Permanent Resident Card
Principal Applicant NBI Clearance (Philippines)
Principal Applicant Police Clearance (Canada)
NVC Received Petition Letter
Form I-134, Affidavit of Support
Letter of Employment
Bank Record of Deposit since Account Open
2016 Recent Paystubs
2016 IRS Tax Transcript
2015 Jan-Feb W2
2015 Mar-Dec W2
Proof of Relationship (Visits/Calls)
2016 Lease & Renewal Agreement [Didn't know if this was ever asked for maybe as a proof of address thing *shrugs*]
Was also planning to bring copies of all of the petition documentations, etcetera. I don't have the NOA2, USCIS never sent it... I emailed the Vancouver consulate about it and they replied saying it should not be an issue at interview but that it would be necessary when filing for AOS later in the whole process.
Edit: Plus the medical stuff, but that hasn't yet happened.

If you go to a local convenience store you can buy a pack of gum. Ask they put it into one of those small brown paper bags they use for single beers--or if you want buy the beer instead. Use this bag to help you through the stress periods, alot the beer would probably help more... :content:

Don't stress. As long as you don't have a flat, or major panic attack before getting there, you'll be fine. Everyone loves Canadians.....

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

So many of you are so close to the finish line...with a few others heading that way. Glad you for you all. Just sent the AOS today. Paid a small $50 to get the DS-2035 transcribed to the I-693. Also had to translate my husbands birth certificate. Since I'm fluent in Spanish, and he in English (excited for bilingual babies) so it was pretty easy to do. ANYTHING in words I made sure to put the translation down...even the stamps. So if I'm getting an RFE it better not be for that :D

Wow. You are moving fast. :wow:

That is great! I haven't even started studying up on the AOS process. Is it hard?

I've been working on various logistics and haven't even started studying up on that next part---my head hurts :reading:

Finishing remodel of kitchen - at the end, now just finishing up the painting of the cabinets

Resod yard - installing grass plugs, and massive weeding (they seem to pop up as soon as I walk away)

Getting furniture - I didn't have much before. It arrives this week. Now how do I decorate a little boy's room (more stress)

Organizing closet (hers) - Making sure it is well stocked (clothes/shoes)

Arranging flights - Have scheduled multiple one-way legs of flights. Going to spend 2 nights, designed long lay over, in Orlando--Universal Studios.

By the way is there a large $50? :rofl:

Filed: Timeline

How does one know if the embassy has received our petition from the nvc?

The embassy in dheli doesn't have human people to answer questions like that so they just transfer to an automated system that has nothing to do with the question whether they have received it or sent it to my fiancé.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Wow. You are moving fast. :wow:

That is great! I haven't even started studying up on the AOS process. Is it hard?

I didn't think it was bad, just fill in the blanks.

The only thing is you'll have to make sure to get a translated copy of your (future)wife's birth certificate, if it's not in English. I did it on my own but I think there are websites out there that do it for a minimal fee if you aren't fluent in the language enough to translate something.

I got preoccupied with obtaining "established relationship" stuff cuz other VJer's were saying that they sent 'this or that' in until a few people on here told me not to worry about it, especially since the instructions don't mention it. THAT was when I finalized what I had and sent it away.

I felt there was less to send in with this step than with the K1 package

Edited by JJGussiaas (Gush)

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It's finally done! After waiting not so patiently through a lot of nonsense about the fiance's passport renewal, we finally got it this morning, and submitted the DS-160 just a few min ago! Interview March 30 :dancing:

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Congrats to everyone who got approved on their interview and good luck to everyone who will have it soon. How is everyone doing? We applied for social security today yaaay. Everything went smooth.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2016-05-11

NOA Date : 2016-05-19

Bio: 2016-06-20

Service request for EAD: 2016-07-28 ( day 76)

EAD APPROVED: 2016-08-01.

EAD recieved: 2016-08-06.

GC Approved : 2016-09-26.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hello everyone! I can't catch up on all the 150 notifications from this forum but I can see a lot got approved!

I've missed you guys, it's been like 3 weeks now haha.

I'm happy to say---WE GOT APPROVED :dancing: God is good! I was about to faint/throw up/pee my pants the entire morning and time before the interview. :rofl:

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone! I can't catch up on all the 150 notifications from this forum but I can see a lot got approved!

I'm happy to say---WE GOT APPROVED :dancing: God is good! I was about to faint/throw up/pee my pants the entire morning and time before the interview. :rofl:

Congrats!!

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Yaaay congrats to you!!! Hip hip hooray!!

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2016-05-11

NOA Date : 2016-05-19

Bio: 2016-06-20

Service request for EAD: 2016-07-28 ( day 76)

EAD APPROVED: 2016-08-01.

EAD recieved: 2016-08-06.

GC Approved : 2016-09-26.

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbs::thumbs::star::star::thumbs::thumbs:

You know that is a lesson for all of us "petitioners". We have it easy, it is the beneficiary that has the real tough part of this process.

Why do I say that?

Well let's look at the process. Petitioner submits documents to USCIS. They either approve, issue RFE, or deny. If RFE or deny we just resubmit with whatever was missing. That's about it. We can take all the time we want to prepare the documents, and we have a 2nd chance if we mess up.

Beneficiary has one shot. Sure there is a chance for a administrative processing or RFE, but essentially anything but an immediate approval is a long shot for approval. The pressure is on them to have a 'good' interview. Otherwise 6 months down the drain (california, or a year or more Texas).

Think about that pressure.

:thumbs:I tip my hat to all you Beneficiaries--superstars! You guys ROCK---- :thumbs:

Timeline

I just realized my countdown timer with my signature says leaving in 3 weeks for USA. The airline lands in the USA point of entry on 21 March, which is week 3 of that count down.

Do you know I set that countdown timer way back in November? Based on the VJ timeline, and my own estimates. And it is nearly to the date. That is cool.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Finally got our case number today...after almost two months of phone calls and emails to NVC and USCIS trying to figure out what the heck happened. First phone call to NVC back in January - they said they had received it but no case number yet. All subsequent phone calls until today - receipt number did not exist in their system and I got a multitude of suggestions; someone at USCIS even said I'd have to go talk to an immigration officer in person!

Now we can finally move forward...but the expiration notice on the NOA2 is in May and she isn't going to be here by then...is that automatically extended or do I have to do something to get it extended?

I-129F Mailed: 11/16/2015

I-129F Received/NOA1: 11/18/2015

Check Cashed: 11/23/2015

Touched: 11/24/2015

NOA2 Email/Text: 01/04/2016

NOA2 Hard Copy: 01/08/2016

NVC Received Case: 01/13/2016

Received Case Number (FINALLY! Long story...): 03/07/2016

Sent Packet 3 Paperwork: 04/20/2016

Packet 4 Received: 04/20/2016

Medical: 06/09/2016

Interview: 06/29/2016 - Approved!!!

POE (Toronto): 08/03/2016

Married!!!: 08/26/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.