HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

No approvals today? :(

not yet, they usually pour in at night, keep the faith! could be yours next :)

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats to everyone that got their NOA2's!!!

I just called the NVC today and they received our packet yesterday, they assigned and gave me our NVC number today. :-)

Thanks for the information, because of this I called today as well and received my NVC case number today as well.

Happy Travels...

event.png

Filed: Country: Uganda
Timeline

I'm still confused as what you do with the nvc number? Do you call the doctors and make an appintment? do you fill out ds160 or whatever it is called? Do you go to police station with it and ask them to do records check? what do you do

Has anyone rang the NVC to ask for their case number? I know it's too early for me to do so, but just wanted to understand how you go about asking, do you get put through to someone who specifically deals with K1 visas, or get passed about a bit? Hope everyone is doing well!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just an update on my crazy situation.

CHECK YOUR CASE # CORRECLTY DOUBLE CHECK IF YOU MUST.

For those who are still not aware after receiving your Noa2 update you can start calling NVC 2 weeks after receiving that update.

With your case number you can track your case while its on its way to the embassy where the interview will take place. Also with your case number you can start your ds-160 application and also schedule interview depending on the consulate of origin.

Faster is not always better! Haha

Those who know me know my case was moving at lighting speed which still feels like crawling to me.

But NVC gave me a wrong case number and all they could do was apologize...

With that case number i ended up paying the wrong visa fee.

I started to panic of course. Thank God my fiance is always the positive one. I felt like i was drowning calling NVC, and my embassy... Long and short best advice i received was to cancel my appointment and do a new Ds160 and pay the fee and schedule a new appointment.!!!

Finally now i see the light i have to schedule a new medical tomorrow but not too worried about that.

This process can be a rocky ride.

Read read read double check!!

Dont loose money like i did haha

Speedy approvals everyone.

Timeline

I'm still confused as what you do with the nvc number? Do you call the doctors and make an appintment? do you fill out ds160 or whatever it is called? Do you go to police station with it and ask them to do records check? what do you do

It allows us to track the case on the CEAC website. We do that so we know when the embassy received the file and is ready for it. Once it is ready, we send our paperwork to the embassy to get an interview date, instead of waiting for them to contact us. You can save some time on processing this way.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the information, because of this I called today as well and received my NVC case number today as well.

Happy Travels...

Very nice. Looks like your journey is moving at a good pace.

Keep us posted

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Timeline

Hey november filers!!

WANTED - A few brave petitioners

Have you thought about your fiancee's driver's license when he/she gets here?

Do you know if she can get one upon arrival? What about during the AOS period? After she gets the EAD card?

Join me on a discussion in this thread.

I am tired of K-1 beneficiaries being treated like illegal aliens at the DMV.

If you are interested in changing that, join me in this discussion:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/579675-i-need-a-drivers-license/?p=7943046

Maybe you can change things in your state! I know I did.

(Hey, at least it gives you something to do while waiting on your petition to be approved)

Edited by EricAndOrn

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

It seems like most of us November filers are already with their NOA2's which is a good sign. Our NOA1 was from 11/24, so we have pretty much given up our hopes of receiving our NOA2 before 2016. But still, January is just around the corner.

No not true. "Most" I think of as great than 80%. I'm not sure if this is typical for all the days that follow Nov 2 filers, but here are the numbers as of 8:40PM tonight:

0 cases reviewed today.

62% are open, either not reviewed or RFE status

2% rejected or withdrawn

40% not touched

36% approved

There is always tomorrow. I heard it said one time that "the sun will come up tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow They'll be sun. Just thinkin' about tomorrow clears the cobwebs and the sorrow 'til there's none. When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely I just stick up my chin and grin and say, oh...The sun will come out tomorrow so you gotta hang on 'til tomorrow, come what may! I tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow You're always a day away"

Or something like that.....

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

Hey november filers!!

WANTED - A few brave petitioners

Have you thought about your fiancee's driver's license when he/she gets here?

Do you know if she can get one upon arrival? What about during the AOS period? After she gets the EAD card?

Join me on a discussion in this thread.

I am tired of K-1 beneficiaries being treated like illegal aliens at the DMV.

If you are interested in changing that, join me in this discussion:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/579675-i-need-a-drivers-license/?p=7943046

Maybe you can change things in your state! I know I did.

(Hey, at least it gives you something to do while waiting on your petition to be approved)

Thanks. I'll be a troll and watch.

Aisha don't drive. Not sure how long it will take me to teach her. Or if I can stand the stress of letting her on her own. She has a hard time walking without hurting herself. :rofl:

Timeline

Why not marry and file a Immigrant (IR1/CR1) Visas? Most times they have to approve your visa if all other requirements are met. Check the Embassy website for instructions and qualifications.

Plan B is in the works. When i arrive for the interview, we will go and get the papers for getting married. If the interview goes south, we'll marry the next day, and I'll start that process immediately. No playing around.

I won't cancel our K-1 petition. I'll let it run its course. We never know. It may just be me and my FEAR.

F = False

E= Evidence

A= Appearing

R= Real

thank you for the advice...

Just an update on my crazy situation.

CHECK YOUR CASE # CORRECLTY DOUBLE CHECK IF YOU MUST.

For those who are still not aware after receiving your Noa2 update you can start calling NVC 2 weeks after receiving that update.

With your case number you can track your case while its on its way to the embassy where the interview will take place. Also with your case number you can start your ds-160 application and also schedule interview depending on the consulate of origin.

Faster is not always better! Haha

Those who know me know my case was moving at lighting speed which still feels like crawling to me.

But NVC gave me a wrong case number and all they could do was apologize...

With that case number i ended up paying the wrong visa fee.

I started to panic of course. Thank God my fiance is always the positive one. I felt like i was drowning calling NVC, and my embassy... Long and short best advice i received was to cancel my appointment and do a new Ds160 and pay the fee and schedule a new appointment.!!!

Finally now i see the light i have to schedule a new medical tomorrow but not too worried about that.

This process can be a rocky ride.

Read read read double check!!

Dont loose money like i did haha

Speedy approvals everyone.

Thanks!! :thumbs:

Timeline

Yes it is more than normal

We all have ours NOA1 in November and we all are waiting for the NOA2 ( it is the next notice after the NOA1 ). Sometimes it takes 1 month to approve the case(approve it is NOA2), sometimes it takes more longer)

for some it takes a couple of weeks.... not me, but I have heard stories :reading:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.