tnh9479

Husband gone on a trip back home

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
If I were you I would sleep spread out on the entire bed and take out my anti-snoring earplugs... but that's just me :P

you sound just like nessa :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, I'd open a box of choccies, slob out on the sofa and watch lots of Kevin Spacey movies back to back! :lol:

Oh girl now you are talking! Throw in a few old James Bond movies too, which necessitates more choccie, and a good bottle (or two) of wine and I'm set!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
when I was home helping my dad take care of things while Mom was dealing with chemotherapy, my hubby worked a lot of overtime.

when my hubby was gone on business trips, I enjoyed having the whole dang bed to myself!

we made sure we talked lots. :)

ah but business trips are different.. to a year of vj whining of how long the visa is taking, and after the 'alien' goes to the USA, there's another year of whining of how he/she misses home etc etc.. so u either wanted to be with ur SO, or wanted to be home..

I'm slightly confused about what you're trying to tell me, pedroh, I'm not allowed to miss home? I'm not allowed to want to be there in my parents' time of need? Please explain.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
not my style.. If we can't afford 2 tickets, noone's going anywhere.. i think it's unfair for the USC for the foreigner to be like buahh i need to go home sniffles, i love you but u see, i miss other things more than u

My hubby will be here in April he asked me if he could go back for a boys trip in August I said no because I don't get to go. The only way I told him he could go if he worked and saved enough money. I am with you on that one. When we go back he can hangout with his friends and I will hangout with my friends and my mother in law.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well, I'd open a box of choccies, slob out on the sofa and watch lots of Kevin Spacey movies back to back! :lol:

Oh girl now you are talking! Throw in a few old James Bond movies too, which necessitates more choccie, and a good bottle (or two) of wine and I'm set!

Exactly! Make the most of the free time. I love my hubby to bits but I also love ME time too.

It is funny you brought up the military. I was talking to my husband last night and said I really don't know how the military spouses deal with separation brought on by active duty. They have to be some of the strongest people in the world.

It's not easy, but I got used to it. The first time he was away, 1 week after we got married I didn't have a job or driver's license yet, I stayed home and watched TV all day, online retail therapy helped too. I missed him terribly but I figured since we lasted 5 years of LDR, what's a couple of weeks?

When I got a job, I was ecstatic - that's 40 hours a week that I probably won't think of him when he's away, but the hardest part of the day is trying to fall asleep at night. That's why I have Lunesta for that. No amount of whining or crying can change the fact that he has job that requires him to move whenever, in the end I have to go through it.

Consider this a found time, you have the rest of your lives to spend together ;)

*** My Mom's N-400 Journey ***

05/09/2015 - Mailed N-400 application packet to the Phoenix, AZ lockbox

05/11/2015 - Delivered per USPS tracking

05/14/2015 - Check cashed

05/19/2015 - Received NOA

06/02/2015 - Biometrics Appointment

06/04/2015 - In line

08/06/2015 - Interview scheduled per USCIS website

09/11/2015 - Interview - PASSED!

09/18/2015 - Received oath letter

09/22/2015 - Oath Ceremony

not my style.. If we can't afford 2 tickets, noone's going anywhere.. i think it's unfair for the USC for the foreigner to be like buahh i need to go home sniffles, i love you but u see, i miss other things more than u

What a load of rubbish!! I am not joined at the hip with my husband, yes i love him and want to be with him more than anything else in the world, my god i fought enough to be with him, but if i want to go to the UK and see my family and he is ok with that, i will go!

Also whats wrong with missing home :blink::blink:

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

*WAVES HAND*...Im a military spouse, and am dealing with seperation right now,..this is the second 12 month tour since we got here in March 2004. We had a long distance thing for 2 1/2 yrs before we married, then a month after we married he deployed,. and it doesnt stop there, when he's home he works shift work, being a MP, so our paths often dont cross, due to sleeping patterns,..lol,..as well as field training, etc etc,..need i go on!! .SO I know all about seperation....and for me, its just getting on with my life, doing the normal day to day things I do when he's normally here, I even wait to speak to him to make decisions about what needs to be done around the house etc.. I try to keep my life as normal as possible, and not dwell on the fact that hes gone,..but , I can tell you it has been getting harder...

2 weeks is more like a vacation, not a seperation,... :dance:

Jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Other Timeline

T---I think weekends will be the worst, you are so busy during the week, but today is almost done, that leaves tomorrow and next weekend, then you'll be on a good countdown til he gets back. It is a weird feeling when they are suddenly gone, but it can be a nice break, too. Get a bunch of food he doesn't like so you can gorge on it in peace til he comes home. :P

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Timeline
when I was home helping my dad take care of things while Mom was dealing with chemotherapy, my hubby worked a lot of overtime.

when my hubby was gone on business trips, I enjoyed having the whole dang bed to myself!

we made sure we talked lots. :)

ah but business trips are different.. to a year of vj whining of how long the visa is taking, and after the 'alien' goes to the USA, there's another year of whining of how he/she misses home etc etc.. so u either wanted to be with ur SO, or wanted to be home..

I think that's a totally unfair way of looking at things. But eh, diff strokes....

Your other tidbit about not going alone....I think if D's home were closer to me and it wasn't such an ordeal, I would have no probs him popping over by himself if there was some reason I couldn't go. It wouldn't be an ideal situation, but not undoable. But I don't think he'd actually want to, tho.

Oh, and Twila...how bout this for how to deal with 2 weeks.......remember what the initial wait was like, and this will seem like nothing.

Edited by LisaD

Filed: Other Timeline

The OP's husband has been here for more than a year, and hasn't spent the time whining about going home. I think it's pretty selfish if there's enough money for the immigrant to go home, and he/she hasn't seen family in 2 years, and his/her mother would really like to see him/her and is from a country that has no chance of issuing a visitor visa to the mother, to say he/she can't go until more money/personal time/vacation time is saved up so the USC can go.

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It has been interesting to read everyone's responses. I know two weeks is not an eternity (and nothing like the wait during all the filing process -- ARGHHH). As Peezey said, I thought it was totally selfish to deny him a visit home to his family. He has been here for close to two years. He is a very hard worker and an amazing husband. He is going to college besides working 40 hours/week. He has earned this.

He has called me a couple of times during his layover at JFK. He called his family as well. I was joking around with him last night that they miss him so much that they may meet him at the train station in town. Apparently, he had to talk his younger sister out of it today. :whistle:

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

IMO! (not a statement lol, just my opinion) is still unfair..

ok.. to start with, yeah, if it's a case where your folks are sick or they need you, well, that's completely understandeable, but just because you 'miss' your home town, it sounds kinda selfish because well, technically going on a vacation (1-2 weeks) is like saying ur SO -hey, im gonna go hang out with my folks/boys/girls while u stay here working and such-.. cuz let's be real, u don't go home to work, u go home to chill, to meet with friends, while the USC stays home and goes to work and has to deal with the everyday life..

now what I was saying was not related to the posters in this specific thread, but I've seen lots of threads where after a year of depression-aggravation-sadness-drunkness-whatever of being appart because the visas or security checks or something, and when they get married and oh everything's so happy, suddenly the alien gets depressed and wants to go home and buhuhu.. so I don't see consistency, i rather see contradiction.. either u 'are ready to get the hell out of here and go with my honey in the US' or 'omg i've been 4 months in USA I miss my mom and family blablabla'.. In my personal case, while I don't think my wife would strongly object (she wouldn't say NO, but I know she would mind) I think it's unfair, cuz while im gonna be with mom and dad eating breakfast, waking up late for 2 weeks, she's gonna be here going to work, everday routine..

so that's my issue, consistency and contradiction.. yes, I miss my home and my boys and my folks, but not because of that I'm gonna tell my wife, hey we don't have enough money, so I'm going by myself to Mexico for 2 weeks.. that's selfish, since she also enjoys my home town and my family.. and if you're gonna live in the US, well, it's a sign of non-adaptation and or integration when u wanna go back home constantly.. I try to go every year, but if one year there wasn't enough money, I wouldn't go by myself.. and that's not being 'selfish' or 'joined to the hip to my husband' (LOL @ the offended independent womanly commentary)

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif