FewerHatsPlz

Card Production Delays At USCIS!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

It's been a few months since I lasted posted here, but just wanted to share some info that I gleaned from USCIS' customer service center earlier today...

I received my I-765 approval notice 12 days ago but still hadn't received the card, so I called USCIS to find out when it was due to arrive (I have an interview coming up!). Turns out that production of all cards - Green cards as well as EADs as I understand it - is delayed, and that they've increased the max wait time from 30 days to 60.

If anyone else is waiting on a card and/or knows anything about this, feel free to post in here!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sept. 10 we got approval of our AOS, and the USCIS web site says we should expect green cards by November 12... So, yes, looks like they are experiencing the delay, producing green cards.. Not sure about EAD - at the end of July we requested to expedite the renewal of EAD and we received cards in 10 days...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sept. 10 we got approval of our AOS, and the USCIS web site says we should expect green cards by November 12... So, yes, looks like they are experiencing the delay, producing green cards.. Not sure about EAD - at the end of July we requested to expedite the renewal of EAD and we received cards in 10 days...

I just saw that I got my approval (I got a welcome notice, is that the same thing?) on Sept 10 as well, and it says it will arrive by Nov 9th.

It also says this, which if someone knows the meaning of, I'd love to know: "Your new permanent resident card should arrive by November 9, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later."

I just saw that I got my approval (I got a welcome notice, is that the same thing?) on Sept 10 as well, and it says it will arrive by Nov 9th.

It also says this, which if someone knows the meaning of, I'd love to know: "Your new permanent resident card should arrive by November 9, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later."

it’s primarily for people who haven’t yet received a stamp in their passport proving their U.S. permanent residence, or whose previous fingerprints had a smudge or other issue such that USCIS needs to redo them.The acronym ADIT stands for Alien Documentation, Identification & Telecommunications System. It means that USCIS is calling you in for a brief walk-in visit in order to collect the information, photos, and fingerprints that it needs in order to create your actual green card.

06/24/2015 - Package received
06/29/2015 - fingerprint fee accepted.
06/30/2015 - Received text & e-confirmation of NOA. Case received & routed to USCIS National Benefits Center
07/06/2015 - NOA1 received.

07/13/2015 - Biometric letter arrived mail box. Date 07/24/2015

07/24/2015 - Biometric done. One month mark

08/29/2015 - EAD approved

09/03/2015 - EAD card mailed

09/04/2015 - EAD approval mail in mail box

09/08/2015 - EAD card received.

09/09/2015 - Applied for SSN.

09/15/2015 - Got my SSN in the mail

04/14/2015 - Update online: Your interview has been scheduled for 05/19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Received Welcome Notice in mail yesterday!!! It says NOTHING about ADIT, just that AOS has been approved and green card should arrive within 3 weeks :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

My advance parole was approved on September 10th and mailed today September 15th.. Whew no delays here..

11-1-17 Filed Removal of Conditions

11-3-17 Check Cashed

11-6-17 NOA Received

11-17-17 Biometrics Appointment Received

11-27-17 Schedule of Biometrics

My AOS was approved on September 8th and got the same updates as above that I should be expecting my green card around November.

However, it was a pleasant surprise when my green card arrived in the mail yesterday. The letter has September 10th date which was super efficient!! Seemed to be unheard of these days with anything related to USCIS.

I know waiting is a pain so I feel for those who haven't received their green cards. Just wanted to share some good news too, you'll never know what letters are waiting for you in your mailboxes!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Hi I got my EAD approval paper today. But there is no card. As I understand they should send card too? I just have 1 piece of paper. Thats it.

Is the card supposed to come in the same envelope or different mail?

Thanks a lot.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greenland
Timeline

Hi I got my EAD approval paper today. But there is no card. As I understand they should send card too? I just have 1 piece of paper. Thats it.

Is the card supposed to come in the same envelope or different mail?

Thanks a lot.

The EAD will come in a USPS priority mail envelope separate from your I-765 approval letter.

Spoiler
Adjustment Of Status:

06/25/2015: AOS/EAD/AP package Sent to USCIS

06/30/2015: Package received
07/03/2015: NOA1 hard copies received
07/10/2015: Biometrics appointment letter received
07/18/2015: RFE notice
07/23/2015: Biometrics appointment
07/24/2015: RFE hardcopy received
07/27/2015: RFE response sent via USPS express
07/29/2015: RFE received
08/24/2015: EAD/AP Card production/Approved
08/28/2015: EAD approval letter received
08/28/2015: EAD/AP Card Mailed
08/31/2015: EAD/AP Card received
09/03/2015: Applied for SSN
09/11/2015: SSN received
11/30/2015: AOS interview (no decision)
02/20/2016: RFE2: New medical
02/25/2016: New Medical completed/submitted
03/04/2016: Approved/Card Production
03/08/2016: Green card mailed
03/11/2016: 10 Year Green card in hand :dance:

Naturalization:
04/11/2019: N-400 filed online
04/13/2019: Biometrics appointment scheduled
04/16/2019: Biometrics letter mailed
04/30/2019: Biometrics appointment

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

My EAD was approved 11/3, still waiting for the card. Called USCIS customer service, they said up to 60 days dues to delays. Unbelievable. First the application took 88 days to approval and now this. The USCIS are wrecking peoples careers and lives with these extreme processing times and they claim them 90 days to be sure to get your renewal before the current expires. Well, with an additional 60 day to produce the card we're now looking at 150 days which is 30 days longer than the maximum 120 days before expiration that you are allowed to send in your application! It doesn't make any sense!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.