dwheels76

October 2015 Interviews

1,716 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

In the subject line of expedite request, do you need to put the supervisor name?? Or just put "Supervisor?" Thanks

If you guys have any questions specifically for me,

I will be glad to help via private message.

01-22-15 - married (L)
02-09-15 - i130 sent
02-10-15 - i130 received
02-12-15 - i130 NOA1; scanned
02-23-15 - i129f NOA1; scanned
07-30-15 - i130 NOA2; approved, i129f RFE
08-07-15 - i129f response rec'd
08-10-15 - i130 sent/received by nvc
08-14-15 - i130 nvc scan
08-19-15 - i129 NOA2; approved
08-21-15 - case #, IIN, BIN assigned, 261 completed
08-24-15 - Paid for AOS fee (IN PROCESS)
08-25-15 - AOS Fee (PAID), DS-261 reviewed on phone, email added to system, Sent AOS/IV package(I-864EZ, '14/'13/'12 tax transcripts, most recent pay stub, birth/marriage/police clearance cert.'s, 2 passport photos, 2 front/2 back passport pages)
08-26-15 - Paid for IV fee (IN PROCESS), AOS/IV package SCAN DATE, rec'd first e-mail from nvc
08-27-15 - IV Fee (PAID), DS-260 Submitted
09-16-15 - CASE COMPLETE (21 days since documents' scan, 1 months 2 days since NVC scan date)
09-21-15 - P4 Interview letter received
10-01-15 - Medical @10am, Case "In Transit"
10-08-15 - OFC appt @430pm
10-13-15 - Immigrant Visa interview @1030am - VISA APPROVED

When you think that God's timing takes too long
God is good, just believe in His timing!!!

event.png
event.png
event.png
Interview steps: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview.html
Preparation for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare.html
Medical Examination: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html
Documents required for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/interview-preparation-required-documents.html
After the interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/after.html
Mumbai's US consulate: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As for taxes our plan is to amend once my wife is here then refile as Married/Joint. (need ssn first) Then I will just drop off at accountant to take care of the paperwork - significant increase for a refund so well worth the hassle.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

well that means your case is at NVC. All of us were in same stage. Once you get ur Interview date and once ur packet is shipped from NVC to consulate it shows in transit and when consulate receives it then it will show ready

Ohh ok, I was slightly confused. Thanks for the clarification :)

Sent to DOS: January 16th 2015

Notice of approval: March 5th 2015

Case complete: august 25th 2015

Interview scheduled: 16th October

Medical booked: 30th September 11:30am

Interview: visa approved 16/10/15

Package recieved:

POE:

If time is not an issue, filing to obtain an ITIN number for the spouse is relatively easy. That goes in the tax return in place of the SSN. I had to request an extension even though I was expecting a refund, but everything went smoothly with the proper paperwork.

I called the NVC this morning, no interview yet. CC 8/24/15 :clock:

I was just told that London interviews are going to be scheduled at the end of the month. Maybe I sould take a rest from calling everyday to avoid that feeling of disappointment ☺️

Sent to DOS: January 16th 2015

Notice of approval: March 5th 2015

Case complete: august 25th 2015

Interview scheduled: 16th October

Medical booked: 30th September 11:30am

Interview: visa approved 16/10/15

Package recieved:

POE:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Just got a confirmation that my case was completed yesterday! :D

Does anyone know how long can one expect to have to wait for an interview? Do they usually schedule them at the end of each month?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Any one from mumbai called today to check about the status?

18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

Filed: Country: Croatia
Timeline

Case "Qualified"?

Has anyone heard that before? I just called the NVC to inquire about the second case complete email I got yesterday (since I got my original in May), and to find out if I have an interview. No interview, but the NVC rep said my case has been "qualified and completed" on September 1st, even though it was completed on May 12. When I asked what that means and if it's a new step, she mentioned it meant that all my papers and documents were reviewed for completeness and all is ok, and that I just need to wait for an interview.

Very kind lady on the phone, so that was nice.

Anyone heard of this before? Is the NVC reviewing cases for completion well after the case complete date? Are they doing that to ensure all is still valid?

:huh:

Never heard of this before, but sounds to me like this is simply a normal CC, she just called it weird. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

For all those petitioners, who reside in USA and got married anytime within last year : my wife has a question.

Was the tax filed in USA this year for year-2014 under the status of Single, or Married or MFS(married filing separately) ?

MFS most file some do file single. But even if you were married on Dec 31, 2014 you are married and should file as such.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you SiVin, ikeNme and Bunny&Ninja for such quick reply. So if my wife has to do an amendment of her taxes by changing status to MFS, then how to solve the problem of providing my SSN on that form ? Since I havent entered USA yet, what should she specify in the box where they ask for my SSN (as I dont have one yet) ?

Or would it be appropriate to do amendment after I enter USA, so she will then have my SSN to enter on amendment form ?

Because you are at the interview stage just hold off amending anything. You will be in US soon with a SS#. Amen then. It's nothing for people to freak out over. The CO's know our Tax laws are complicated and even tax ad visors tell you to fill single. If asked at interview just explain, "you thought you had to file single because they aren't living here". Simple.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

MMay be u r true but also may be they are backlogged now and once they sent the Sudanese to their Sudan embassy things will b going faster.

CC May 12

Sudanese citizens have been moved to their embassy since July =) and still, the embassy accommodates Yemeni citizens also.

Don’t forget that there is a limited number of visas per month and apparently we're missing out. You don't want an approved case waiting for an extra how many months till the visa is available.

I hope things go faster, actually I hope things just go.

You have patience of steel, hats off (121 days +).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and your encouragement words and visa journey.wow wow wow wow

Congratulations, you are almost there.

US Embassy in Jamaica seems to have one person working.

Hello everyone, i am relatively new here and havent really posted at all. My embassy is in the dominican republic and my case completed on 08/03 still patiently and eagerly waiting for an interview, wich seems to have gotten going for october so i hope i get oneee!!! imagine, my first scan date was 12/21/2012. and it has dragged on because of unforseen situations (life) but know im finally confident it will be a short time!!

Good luck to everyone.

Hello everyone, i am relatively new here and havent really posted at all. My embassy is in the dominican republic and my case completed on 08/03 still patiently and eagerly waiting for an interview, wich seems to have gotten going for october so i hope i get oneee!!! imagine, my first scan date was 12/21/2012. and it has dragged on because of unforseen situations (life) but know im finally confident it will be a short time!!

Good luck to everyone.

Hoping we all get the good news soon. October is just around the corner. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.