SweetJuls

September 2015 Filers

2,507 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

My fiancé had her interview this morning at the consulate in Warsaw. We were approved!! We are both so happy!! What a relief! Although we both had no doubts about the approval, there are always the lingering thoughts of "What if we're not approved... What then?"

Keep strong everyone. It can be a very stressful process at each step. So many unknowns. Thanks Visajourney and all of its members for making the road so much easier to navigate! I pray that everyone gets to see their loved ones soon!

Congrats! Expected date for visa in hand and POE?

K1 Visa Journey

I-129F Sent: August 28, 2015

I-129F Received: August 31st, 2015

NOA1 E-Notification: September 4th, 2015

NOA1 Hard Copy: September 8th, 2015

NOA2 E-Notification: September 28th, 2015

NOA2 Hard Copy: October 2nd, 2015

NVC received: October 22nd, 2015

NVC case#: October 23rd, 2015

At Embassy: November 2nd, 2015

Packet 3: November 4th, 2015

Medical: November 5th, 2015

Interview: November 19th, 2015

Immigrant AP: November 19th, 2015

Non-immigrant READY: December 8th, 2015

Non-immigrant AP: December 10th, 2015 (for 1min)

ISSUED: December 10th, 2015

POE: December 12th, 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

hi it has been a week since my case got to the USA embassy in Ghana till now I didn't hear anything about packet 3 and I have email them to see it they have my case too no reply but the NVC have sent my fiancé letter that shows that they have send our case to Ghana pls what should I do now

Erick and Marj, on 05 Dec 2015 - 9:24 PM, said:

It's very strange that there are so many letters we are told that we shouldn't wait for and we will never receive. I have received every single letter and notification I could get, including the letter from the NVC. My fiancee also received a letter from the Manila Embassy giving her some information and instructions for next steps.

That's good information to know. The NVC letter will come, but any correspondence in the past never came from USEM Philippines. That's why the system we promote to get your processing completed in a little shorter time grew out of the non receipt of P3 and P4. People would wait months.

So maybe they have a "new" system whereupon the documents are coming when they should. But for me, I'm not holding my breath for USEM to get a simple process right.

Look at the whole process. Why can't an email come to you with your case number but instead you are on the phone with thousands of others. If that were the case, emailing case numbers after they have been generated, then the phone calls world drop substantially to NVC. Life would be GRAND. :no:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

DaNnE, on 05 Dec 2015 - 10:13 PM, said:DaNnE, on 05 Dec 2015 - 10:13 PM, said:

Greenbaum, just wanted to know your opinion if you think it has something to do with the amount of time from when the USEM receives their files up to their appointment schedule?

Chuck was able to track the DHL and it said it was delivered by 30th in which it is only 4 days away from their interview date. Although, USEM claims that they haven't received the files yet. I believed it is already there but stuck somewhere on a table where new files have arrived and hasn't been touched that's why she was told that it wasn't on their system yet..

C/R's case was a bit concerning to me cause I'll be coming from Mindanao. Do you think it's safe to say that waiting for your case status to say "READY" is the safest way to set an appointment schedule? C/R's case was stuck at NVC for 3 weeks, and they already have their case number by Nov. 5th so they go ahead schedule their medical and interview. Although it's case to case basis, some was able to set their schedule but the next day their case status change to "In Transit"..

Thank you for your time :thumbs:

Update to C/R files not at the Embassy. I found out today that there is a two prong process for the sending of the records. NVC sent the "electronic package" to USEM Philippines and when that happens then you will see "Ready" BUT, right behind it USCIS will send their hard copy package to USEM Philippines by DHL (which contains the 129-F). Those records are a bit behind be a week or so, hence the problem that C/R experienced. Normally, everything works out and the records are all there but were showing to the USEM staff that they were not there. Of course, they could have been there but not indicated with in the system they were present. I still think it was a fluke.

Here is what a member received and where I draw my analysis from.

We received the electronic file from the State Department's National Visa Center (NVC) on November 25, 2015, and should receive the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)-approved visa petition (Form I-129) shortly.

Once the physical file is received in Manila, we will send you instructions regarding the visa interview. Please note that we cannot conduct an interview without the physical file

:secret: C/R please don't play the lottery, I don't think you'll have much luck at it. Besides I hate to see a grown man cry. :rofl:

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Update to C/R files not at the Embassy. I found out today that there is a two prong process for the sending of the records. NVC sent the "electronic package" to USEM Philippines and when that happens then you will see "Ready" BUT, right behind it USCIS will send their hard copy package to USEM Philippines by DHL (which contains the 129-F). Those records are a bit behind be a week or so, hence the problem that C/R experienced. Normally, everything works out and the records are all there but were showing to the USEM staff that they were not there. Of course, they could have been there but not indicated with in the system they were present. I still think it was a fluke.

Here is what a member received and where I draw my analysis from.

We received the electronic file from the State Department's National Visa Center (NVC) on November 25, 2015, and should receive the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)-approved visa petition (Form I-129) shortly.

Once the physical file is received in Manila, we will send you instructions regarding the visa interview. Please note that we cannot conduct an interview without the physical file

:secret: C/R please don't play the lottery, I don't think you'll have much luck at it. Besides I hate to see a grown man cry. :rofl:

According to DHL tracking, our case was received and signed for the morning of Nov 30th but not in the system on the morning of the 4th.

Another issue, our visa payment receipt number is now tied up with the appointment on the 4th. We can't reschedule until they release it. They can't tell me how long that will take. So back to the waiting game we go.

My advice to everyone, wait to hear from your embassy.

Visa Journey K1 Visa (I'm the petitioner)

I-129f sent 9/15/2015

I-129f received 9/18/2015

E-Notification NOA1 9/22/15

Hard copy NOA1 9/28/15

E-Notification NOA2: 10/20/15

Hard Copy NOA2: 10/24/15

NVC Received: 11/4/15

MNL# Received: 11/5/15

Left NVC: 11/24/15

Embassy received: 11/27/15

Medical Appt: 12/2-3/15 (Medical complete and packet in hand 12/3/15)

Interview: 12/23/15

Interview Result: APPROVED!

VOH: 1/8/16

POE: 1/19/16 Dallas, TX.

Married: 2/19/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's good information to know. The NVC letter will come, but any correspondence in the past never came from USEM Philippines. That's why the system we promote to get your processing completed in a little shorter time grew out of the non receipt of P3 and P4. People would wait months.

So maybe they have a "new" system whereupon the documents are coming when they should. But for me, I'm not holding my breath for USEM to get a simple process right.

Look at the whole process. Why can't an email come to you with your case number but instead you are on the phone with thousands of others. If that were the case, emailing case numbers after they have been generated, then the phone calls world drop substantially to NVC. Life would be GRAND. :no:

Her packet was small. A letter informing her of the next steps and directing her to the ustraveldocs site. A timeline for the next steps, A copy of the first page of the petition, and two brochures, one in English, one in Tagalog talking about legal rights to immigrant victims of domestic violence in the U.S. an Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa.

K1 Visa Process: (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

I-129F Packet Sent: 09/02/2015 (Sent to Dallas, TX Lockbox)

Delivery Confirmation: 09/04/2015

NOA1 Received (Electronic notice): 09/09/2015 (Sent to CSC)

NOA1 Received (Hard Copy): 09/14/15

NOA2 Received: 10/01/2015

NVC Received: Unsure, guessing 10/19/2015 but could have easily been sooner. The NVC does not have that information for me.

NVC Case# Assigned:10/22/2015

NVC Sent to Consulate: 10/26/15

Packet Received: Unsure of date, sometime in November

Medical Exam Dates: 01/25/2016 and 01/26/2016

Interview: 01/28/2016

Visa Status: Approved!!!

Visa Received: 02/08/2016

CFO Seminar: 02/15/2016 (scheduled)

POE: Minneapolis, MN

Arrival at U.S. Immigration: 05/16/2016 (scheduled)

Adjustment of Status Process (L) (L)(L)(L)(L)

I-485, I-765, and I-131 Packets Mailed: 7/23/2016

Delivery Confirmation of all three: 7/29/2016

Adjustment of Status NOA: 8/4/2016

Biometrics Appointment for AOS: 8/26/2016

EAD NOA: 8/4/2016

Biometrics Appointment for EAD: 8/26/2016

EAD Approval Date: 10/12/2016

EAD Mailed Date: 10/27/2016

EAD Received Date: 10/29/2016

AP NOA: 8/4/2016

AP Approval Date: 10/12/2016

AP Mailed Date: 10/27/2016

AP Received Date: 10/29/2016

According to DHL tracking, our case was received and signed for the morning of Nov 30th but not in the system on the morning of the 4th.

Another issue, our visa payment receipt number is now tied up with the appointment on the 4th. We can't reschedule until they release it. They can't tell me how long that will take. So back to the waiting game we go.

My advice to everyone, wait to hear from your embassy.

I've been helping other's close to 3 years now. Yours is the first case that I have heard this happening to. I understand why you feel the way you do. You have experienced more then most do on this journey but to advocate to wait for the Embassy to contact you (I'm speaking specifically about The Philippines not any other Embassy as each has their own instructions) based on a single episode is being somewhat short sighted. Thousands before you did the same thing you did with success.

This just my opinion based on successful results. Nothing in this process is fool proof and life grants no guarantees. I wish you nothing but a more pleasant experience for the remainder of your visa processing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello! Congrats on getting your NOA2, that's super exciting! Now you have to wait until your case gets to the National Visa Center (NVC), I'd wait a week or two (for your NOA2 date) before you start calling the NVC to get your case number. Once your case is done traveling through the NVC it will be sent to the US Consulate in Montreal. Once it reaches there you need to wait till it updates to "READY" twice - you'll know its updated when you see the date change. This is when you can send Packet 3. If you send Packet 3 too early (like I did) they will ignore you. Please note the Montreal Consulate ONLY answers emails. You can email them to see if they've gotten your case and processed it.

Once you've sent Packet 3, they will reply back with an email. The email is Packet 4 - this will give you all the instructions you need to book your medical and your interview. Save this email - you will need it later. You must book your interview BEFORE you book your medical. When you book your medical they will ask you for your interview date. Luckily, your fiance can do his medical in Toronto. In Packet 4 it will list all the approved doctors who can perform the medical. I believe for Toronto you should give about 5 business days between your medical and your interview in order for it to be ready on time - but the medical office will be able to tell you that. Your fiance will have to pick up in medical results from the office in Toronto before he goes to his interview in Montreal.

Please note: your visa validity will be 6 months from the MEDICAL interview date not the INTERVIEW date! :) So make sure you keep that in mind when you're planning logistics of the move.

I booked my medical over a month out from my interview because I live close to Montreal and I wanted to have the medical out of the way and because I'm a control freak I'm having my medical results mailed to me (for an extra cost).

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions! xxoo

Thanks everyone for the love this morning, it really helped!! I think my medical went really well! I should have my results by Friday! woohoo! If anyone wants information about the medical in Montreal - please message me!

is this the same for London - in respect of booking the interview BEFORE medical?!

I am the beneficiary originally from UK !!

ROC Timeline:

01.04.19: I-751 Received @ Phoenix

01.09.19: Check Cashed

02.13.19: NOA Received

04.30.19: Biometrics Completed

Timeline

Congratulations to all of you for these great updates!

I am leaving tomorrow and I am so excited!!
I am probably won't be able to be on the forum as I did so far. But I'll try my best for still updating on next steps (in the right thread in this forum of course under AoS).

:) Good luck everyone!!

Timeline

I am probably won't be able to be on the forum as I did so far. But I'll try my best for still updating on next steps (in the right thread in this forum of course under AoS).

GOOD LUCK AND HUUUUGE CONGRATS TO YOU!

ROC Timeline:

Timeline

is this the same for London - in respect of booking the interview BEFORE medical?!

I am quoting myself - I just want to be sure I am clear on the next stage.

I am getting together my next set of docs. I have everything except co-sponsor paperwork.

Can I book medical and interview before I have this once my case in received in London?

Or should I wait until I have it.

We got our NOA2 on December 1st so I will be calling NVC early next week - is this right?

ROC Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am quoting myself - I just want to be sure I am clear on the next stage.

I am getting together my next set of docs. I have everything except co-sponsor paperwork.

Can I book medical and interview before I have this once my case in received in London?

Or should I wait until I have it.

We got our NOA2 on December 1st so I will be calling NVC early next week - is this right?

Each Embassy is different. Check with your country specific portal. :)

Omg omg how exciting!!!!! I'm so happy for you :D

I'm flying tomorrow too, but just for visit :)

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh my goodness!! Congratulations!!! I bet this must feel so surreal! If you can please let us know what the POE was like!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I guess is because am from Ghana that is why no one is willing to help me or what I was thinking that we are all one okay no problem good luck to everyone this is my last post since no one is helping me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.