hegy

Parking ticket in Canada after interview

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone

I had my naturalization interview few days ago than my wife and I went to Canada for couple of days

While we were in Canada we got a parking ticket because we past the time that we paid for (it's a garage parking)

The car in our both names

We paid the fine online and received a confirmation email about the payment.

Do I have to report it to the USCIS? if yes should I send a copy of the confirmation email?

Thanks a lot

Do you consider that a crime? No

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

nop i'm not kidding

Here are my 2 cents -

A parking ticket is not a criminal offence, and also it was outside of the USA. If you still think you should report it in the interview maybe call the USCIS hot line and ask them if you need to report it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello everyone

I had my naturalization interview few days ago than my wife and I went to Canada for couple of days

While we were in Canada we got a parking ticket because we past the time that we paid for (it's a garage parking)

The car in our both names

We paid the fine online and received a confirmation email about the payment.

Do I have to report it to the USCIS? if yes should I send a copy of the confirmation email?

Thanks a lot

Check out the word I bolded for you. Now ponder on it.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

thanks a lot guys.

Shauna&Wael, (Now ponder on it.),I do not understand what are you trying to say, excuse my English :) would you please explain what did you mean in a different way? thank you

thanks a lot guys.

Shauna&Wael, (Now ponder on it.),I do not understand what are you trying to say, excuse my English :) would you please explain what did you mean in a different way? thank you

She is pointing out that you already HAD your interview.

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, USCIS clearly indicates that you don't have to report any traffic violation if the fine was under $500. But you are more than welcome to report it if you wish.

Not so sure it is clear. They state you don't need to provide documentation of the citation/offense if it was under $500. Of course, how do you prove it was under $500 unless you have documentation to prove such? Under $500 or not, you should still report it on the N400. Though many do not and never have a problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.