boostrz

Nebraska Processing times

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

I began my visa journey back in early May 2015, filing an I-130 for my wife. I received NOA1 within a week, saying that my petition will be going to Nebraska Service Center. Up until today, the processing time was listed as 5 months... Today, the status was updated to indicate its last process date, which is January 16, 2014!!! Could this be a mistake? A variation of 5 months to 20 months is extreme for NOA2, which still has quite a bit of time afterwards. What are people getting for process times filing this year with the Nebraska Service Center?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

I began my visa journey back in early May 2015, filing an I-130 for my wife. I received NOA1 within a week, saying that my petition will be going to Nebraska Service Center. Up until today, the processing time was listed as 5 months... Today, the status was updated to indicate its last process date, which is January 16, 2014!!! Could this be a mistake? A variation of 5 months to 20 months is extreme for NOA2, which still has quite a bit of time afterwards. What are people getting for process times filing this year with the Nebraska Service Center?

It's been like that over a month. It means at the time of updating the processing times those were the petitions they were working on. They are still at 5 months. They got to get those old ones out otherwise the #'s drop. Notice California is cranking them out in 60 days or less.

If they process some fast like under a month or 2 month and get the old ones the average stays and they look good saying 5 months processing The service centers always play this game.

VJ members are still reporting 5 months at NSC so that's good nothing has changed. Just be more mindful to the processing time posted here. Right now we are at March 7, 2015

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

It's been like that over a month. It means at the time of updating the processing times those were the petitions they were working on. They are still at 5 months. They got to get those old ones out otherwise the #'s drop. Notice California is cranking them out in 60 days or less.

If they process some fast like under a month or 2 month and get the old ones the average stays and they look good saying 5 months processing The service centers always play this game.

VJ members are still reporting 5 months at NSC so that's good nothing has changed. Just be more mindful to the processing time posted here. Right now we are at March 7, 2015

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Not sure why the differences in time from NOA1 to NOA2 at NSC. Ours took 35 days. Approved 5Aug. Received NOA2 letter today.

2013/05/03 Married

2013 CFO seminar to change name

2013 Passport issued in married name

USCIS

2015/06/27 Sent I-130

2015/06/29 Priority Date

2015/0701 NOA1

2015/08/05 NOA2

NVC

2015/08/17 Package received at NVC

2015/08/26 Received DS-261/AOS bill

2015/08/29 Sent AOS/IV

2015/08/31 AOS/IV scan date

2015/09/01 DS-260 submitted

2015/09/21 3 n/a (CC)

2015/09/28 Receive confirmation email of CC waiting interview date

2015/10/01 Interview date scheduled (P4)

Manila Embassy

2015/10/12 SLEC Medical, required to get doctor certificate and return the 30th.

2015/10/19 Went to hospital to get the doctors certificate for SLEC

2015/10/30 Appointment with doctor at SLEC for evaluation

2015/11/03 Completed medical

2015/11/05 Interview scheduled - APPROVED

2015/11/06 CEAC changed to issued

2015/11/11 Passport and visa delivered

2015/11/12 Passport stamped at CFO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am hoping that it is not really January 16,2014. That is just heartbreaking. I filed in March 12,2015. No new yet after the NOA1.

Praying at my end. I called the customer service center multiple time now and seriously it was waste of time. They say that I am in normal processing time. In case January 16,2014, data which they are working currently on, changes to March 13,2015 I will be considered in normal processing time.

I will really appreciate if anyone else who filed in March 2015 posts their timelines.

Prayers and strength for all going through this tough waiting period.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are also stuck at NE. Just from hearing other people's approvals, it looks at though NE is still processing at a 5 month timeline. I am not sure why they don't transfer applications to CA since they seem to be processing applications super fast and in almost 2 months. Praying all of us stuck at NE center gets approvals fast and don't have to wait literally a year for just the first part of this process, especially if you are apart from your spouse.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everybody.

I filed I-130 for my husband July 9th and my case was transferred to Nebraska Center.

I called yesterday twice and both representatives told me that now Nebraska working on cases received January 16, 2014. I ask what the average waiting time is for NOA2. They said about a year.

I hope it will change.

I am California resident and do not know why they sent my case to Nebraska.

Good luck everybody and best wishes!!!!! (L)(L) (L)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi everybody !

My case was in Nebraska too (CR1)

My NOA1 was March 4, 2015 and in the 3rd week of July, the date changed to January 16, 2014...

I was very worried too, and July 20 my husband called to UCSIS and they said that every case is different, that it´s not neccesary to look that date, so we try to be patient and our I-130 was approved in 2 days after the call !!!

So dont get stressed, because my case was approved in 4 months and a half.

Just believe with all your heart that you will get your approvals soon.

Good luck and blessings !!!

Our Journey for IR1-CR1

(L) Wedding Dec 5th 2014

USCIS

March 02, 2015: We left I-130 on Fedex

March 04, 2015: UCSIS received our paperwork

March 06, 2015: We received the e mail of UCSIS Acceptance Confirmation (Nebraska)

July 22, 2015 : I-130 Approved (It took 140 days)

August 04, 2015: Mail from UCSIS saying they have sent our case to NVC

NVC

August 10, 2015: Case scanned by NVC

August 20, 2015: Case number and IIN received by phone

August 21, 2015: DS261 done and FEE Affidavit of Support paid (FEE Status: In Process)

August 24, 2015: Affidavit of Support FEE Status: PAID

August 25, 2015: Husband received Welcome package from NVC

September 03, 2015: IV Package FEE paid (FEE Status: In Process)

September 08, 2015: IV Package FEE Status: PAID

September 09, 2015: DS-260 Done

September 14, 2015: Package received by NVC (Scan Date)

October 08, 2015: Case Complete

November 09, 2015: Medical Test Done

November 25, 2015: Interview Date APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

January 05, 2016: Visa Issued

January 12, 2016: Visa in hand :dancing:

January 22, 2016: US$ 165 Fee paid

February 08, 2016: In my new home

POE: Los Angeles

March 07, 2016: Green Card received...but waiting for SSN

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everybody !

My case was in Nebraska too (CR1)

My NOA1 was March 4, 2015 and in the 3rd week of July, the date changed to January 16, 2014...

I was very worried too, and July 20 my husband called to UCSIS and they said that every case is different, that it´s not neccesary to look that date, so we try to be patient and our I-130 was approved in 2 days after the call !!!

So dont get stressed, because my case was approved in 4 months and a half.

Just believe with all your heart that you will get your approvals soon.

Good luck and blessings !!!

Thank you. I hope it will be not as long as they said.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello,

Hi I filed an I-30 for my Mom in March and I was also told it would take about a year or more since they were working on cases from January -2014 that hasn't updated in a few months now.. I received the approved NO2 for my Mom August 4th of this month only 5 months I think they just haven't updated the website. Good Luck :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thats exactly what they told me. I live in stockton, CA wish i would have gotten california:(

Hello everybody.

I filed I-130 for my husband July 9th and my case was transferred to Nebraska Center.

I called yesterday twice and both representatives told me that now Nebraska working on cases received January 16, 2014. I ask what the average waiting time is for NOA2. They said about a year.

I hope it will change.

I am California resident and do not know why they sent my case to Nebraska.

Good luck everybody and best wishes!!!!! (L)(L) (L)

Hi I filed an I-30 for my Mom in March and I was also told it would take about a year or more since they were working on cases from January -2014 that hasn't updated in a few months now.. I received the approved NO2 for my Mom August 4th of this month only 5 months I think they just haven't updated the website. Good Luck :)

Thanks for your reply! this brings me hope...I can't even imagine being away from my wife for another 2 years...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys! I was freaking out a lot around mid July when Nebraska Centers showed delay in processing cases. I got my NOA1 on March 12, 2015. Yesterday I just got approved in evening.

I called in morning 8:00 a.m. and the customer service rep told me they are currently processing January 16,2014 petitions. I was again high disappointed hearing that. I was told it can take up to an year. However, in evening just for sake of checking my case status as I did it everyday I saw that my case is approved. I first i couldn't believe it since I was told in morning by rep that they do not have any visibility or information on where i am in the process and in evening, OMG OMG, my case was approved.

Here I am living proof that they are not stuck on last year January cases. Things are being approved as they come.

SO PLEASE DON"T LOSE HOPE LIKE ME AND BE STRESSED....................

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Guys! I was freaking out a lot around mid July when Nebraska Centers showed delay in processing cases. I got my NOA1 on March 12, 2015. Yesterday I just got approved in evening.

I called in morning 8:00 a.m. and the customer service rep told me they are currently processing January 16,2014 petitions. I was again high disappointed hearing that. I was told it can take up to an year. However, in evening just for sake of checking my case status as I did it everyday I saw that my case is approved. I first i couldn't believe it since I was told in morning by rep that they do not have any visibility or information on where i am in the process and in evening, OMG OMG, my case was approved.

Here I am living proof that they are not stuck on last year January cases. Things are being approved as they come.

SO PLEASE DON"T LOSE HOPE LIKE ME AND BE STRESSED....................

Congrats!! :) Thanks for the glimmer of hope, we all need it. If you could update your timeline that would be awesome so others can see that NE is working at least on March 12th cases. Best of luck on the rest of your journey! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.