timk

Can anyone top this nightmare? All opinions and experiences appreciated.

21 posts in this topic

It's been quite a while since I last posted, and our journey is not finished. After 2 rescheduled interviews and a close call with tragedy, we are still here after 2 years running.

Let me summarize our timeline.....

Filed in 2013

Approved out of California

First Interview date rescheduled

Fiance found herself stuck in Tacloban, and had to endure Yolanda. (missed interview)

Rescheduled again all the way to April (Wow!)

April 15th 2014 interview went fine however, issued 221G due to expired medical (our fault for not knowing about the expiration)

The real nightmare begins......

The consular officer informed my fiance, that she could go back to St Lukes for an updated medical the same day.

She did just that, and wouldn't you know it? Scarring in the lungs. (The first medical was fine btw)

Tests came back positive, and we spent the rest of 2014 and the first quarter of 2015 going through the treatment in Manila.

Test results came back second time, clear. Cured....

St Lukes sent her updated medical along with her passport to the embassy immediately.

The embassy responded within one week, and then gave us further instructions. Please see below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have reviewed your file and determined that you must do the following to continue and conclude the processing

of your visa application. After completing the requested action, you may view the status of your application at

https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/. Please disregard the unmarked paragraphs.

___ 1. You need to submit the document(s) marked below. The required 221(g) documents may be submitted at any

2GO drop-off branch with a copy of this letter and the 2GO Courier Submission Letter. This service is free of charge.

Logon to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/, and click on the “Submitting 221(g) Documents” link to print

your 2GO Courier Submission Letter.

___ 2. You need to schedule an appointment for another interview, and bring with you the document(s) marked

below. Present this letter at the Consular Ticket Booth on the day of your scheduled appointment.

___ 3. Please come to the Embassy and pay the IV fee of _____ at the Embassy Consular Cashier and submit the receipt to

the Immigrant Visa Section's Window 38

Documents:

___ Completed new online DS-260 application forms and must be filled out online at https://ceac.state.gov/iv/

_X__ Completed new online DS-160 application forms and must be filled out online at https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/

_X__ DS-160 online application form confirmation page for you

___ _____ Visa Application Fee (or its peso equivalent) per applicant

_X__ New NBI clearance for you

___ New medical report from St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic for ___

___ Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) from your petitioner with original signature

___ Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) from a Joint Sponsor with original signature

___ ___ Income Tax Returns (Form 1040), Wage Statements (Form W-2), and Proof of Current Employment

from ____

___ Original and photocopy of Visa Screen Certificate

___ U.S. notarized job availability on company letterhead from your employer

___ Valid passport and all expired passport(s)

___ Visa photos (2 copies, 2 x 2)

_X__ Others: Please come to the Embassy from Monday to Thursday (except every first Wednesday of the month and U.S. & Philippine Holidays) between 7:30 am to 8:30 am, for swear-in and bring with you the document(s) marked above. Present this letter at the Consular Ticket Booth on the day of your scheduled appointment.

We filed a new DS-160, and my fiance went to the embassy with her documents according to the instructions.

This is where things get a little tricky, and the basis for my questions later. According to the last "X" on the instructions, I gathered that she could just show up. It found this to be a bit contradictory about a scheduled appointment also in the same line. So my fiance went to the Embassy, at 7:30 am. She was NOT sworn in, and the she was told by somebody at the Embassy ( I don't know who......I wasn't there) that she could just send the requested documents via 2Go instead of waiting. Hmmm....

Anyway, the embassy received her docs two days after we received this notice on April 22nd, and was signed for in the IV unit. Great!

After about two weeks of hearing nothing, we began calling and emailing. "Just wait" was what we were told up until May 12th, when they stopped replying and updating altogether. We heard nothing. No more communication, no more updates, not responding to emails, nothing. On June 16th, after calling and emailing a few more times, we were put into escalated status for a reply. We began to get very nervous as her second medical would be expiring on July 16th. One month went by, and we heard NOTHING. Her medical expired, and our nifty "escalated" status apparently didn't mean much. I had a lawyer make an inquiry for me and voila, a response. "There has been an update to your account. Please log in to see the updates" or something to that effect.

So I logged in, and we are still escalated to post. However, now it also says "FOR SWEAR IN-Communications unit" Please see below:

You have the following open case: Case ID Case-2015- 06-16-************ Reason Immigrant Visa Information Status Escalated To Post Comments FOR SWEAR-IN - Communications Unit

Since we have received nothing more than a notice of an update, does anyone have any idea what this means?

My main concern here, is that last "X" in the instructions. I can't help but think that whoever told my fiance to send these docs via 2Go, may have been terribly wrong. My gut is telling me that she was supposed to hand over these docs to somebody important, but we have not been able to get any information on this. Add another expired medical and the amazing network #######-out that occurred in June, I can only guess when this nightmare will be over finally. We also have a now 5 year old USC daughter that needs to start school in the US sometime in her life. :(

Sooooo,

Has anyone remotely experienced a case like this before? If so, PLEASE share the details of what happened.

Does anyone know what "For swear in" means since there are no further instructions?

Does anyone know a decent Psychiatrist for me in the Denver area? Ugh......

I realize that parts of this post are light hearted but I assure you, we are both losing our minds. Please consider it seriously. We are a genuine family, that is hurting for answers from the Embassy. Thanks everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most everyone responds to their RFE's using 2go so that part is normal. I see it all the time on here. Sometimes it takes a few days sometimes a few weeks or more for them to update the status of the visa/ What is the status now on CEAC and traveldocs? The visa can only be valid as long as the medical is valid which is six months. If her medical is expired now as you explained, the visa cannot be issued and she must complete it again. :ranting::ranting::cry::wow:

Sorry for all the troubles, seems like a big pain.
I hope the end is near for you on this....

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's been quite a while since I last posted, and our journey is not finished. After 2 rescheduled interviews and a close call with tragedy, we are still here after 2 years running.

Let me summarize our timeline.....

Filed in 2013

Approved out of California

First Interview date rescheduled

Fiance found herself stuck in Tacloban, and had to endure Yolanda. (missed interview)

Rescheduled again all the way to April (Wow!)

April 15th 2014 interview went fine however, issued 221G due to expired medical (our fault for not knowing about the expiration)

The real nightmare begins......

The consular officer informed my fiance, that she could go back to St Lukes for an updated medical the same day.

She did just that, and wouldn't you know it? Scarring in the lungs. (The first medical was fine btw)

Tests came back positive, and we spent the rest of 2014 and the first quarter of 2015 going through the treatment in Manila.

Test results came back second time, clear. Cured....

St Lukes sent her updated medical along with her passport to the embassy immediately.

The embassy responded within one week, and then gave us further instructions. Please see below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have reviewed your file and determined that you must do the following to continue and conclude the processing

of your visa application. After completing the requested action, you may view the status of your application at

https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/. Please disregard the unmarked paragraphs.

___ 1. You need to submit the document(s) marked below. The required 221(g) documents may be submitted at any

2GO drop-off branch with a copy of this letter and the 2GO Courier Submission Letter. This service is free of charge.

Logon to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/, and click on the “Submitting 221(g) Documents” link to print

your 2GO Courier Submission Letter.

___ 2. You need to schedule an appointment for another interview, and bring with you the document(s) marked

below. Present this letter at the Consular Ticket Booth on the day of your scheduled appointment.

___ 3. Please come to the Embassy and pay the IV fee of _____ at the Embassy Consular Cashier and submit the receipt to

the Immigrant Visa Section's Window 38

Documents:

___ Completed new online DS-260 application forms and must be filled out online at https://ceac.state.gov/iv/

_X__ Completed new online DS-160 application forms and must be filled out online at https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/

_X__ DS-160 online application form confirmation page for you

___ _____ Visa Application Fee (or its peso equivalent) per applicant

_X__ New NBI clearance for you

___ New medical report from St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic for ___

___ Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) from your petitioner with original signature

___ Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) from a Joint Sponsor with original signature

___ ___ Income Tax Returns (Form 1040), Wage Statements (Form W-2), and Proof of Current Employment

from ____

___ Original and photocopy of Visa Screen Certificate

___ U.S. notarized job availability on company letterhead from your employer

___ Valid passport and all expired passport(s)

___ Visa photos (2 copies, 2 x 2)

_X__ Others: Please come to the Embassy from Monday to Thursday (except every first Wednesday of the month and U.S. & Philippine Holidays) between 7:30 am to 8:30 am, for swear-in and bring with you the document(s) marked above. Present this letter at the Consular Ticket Booth on the day of your scheduled appointment.

We filed a new DS-160, and my fiance went to the embassy with her documents according to the instructions.

This is where things get a little tricky, and the basis for my questions later. According to the last "X" on the instructions, I gathered that she could just show up. It found this to be a bit contradictory about a scheduled appointment also in the same line. So my fiance went to the Embassy, at 7:30 am. She was NOT sworn in, and the she was told by somebody at the Embassy ( I don't know who......I wasn't there) that she could just send the requested documents via 2Go instead of waiting. Hmmm....

Anyway, the embassy received her docs two days after we received this notice on April 22nd, and was signed for in the IV unit. Great!

After about two weeks of hearing nothing, we began calling and emailing. "Just wait" was what we were told up until May 12th, when they stopped replying and updating altogether. We heard nothing. No more communication, no more updates, not responding to emails, nothing. On June 16th, after calling and emailing a few more times, we were put into escalated status for a reply. We began to get very nervous as her second medical would be expiring on July 16th. One month went by, and we heard NOTHING. Her medical expired, and our nifty "escalated" status apparently didn't mean much. I had a lawyer make an inquiry for me and voila, a response. "There has been an update to your account. Please log in to see the updates" or something to that effect.

So I logged in, and we are still escalated to post. However, now it also says "FOR SWEAR IN-Communications unit" Please see below:

You have the following open case: Case ID Case-2015- 06-16-************ Reason Immigrant Visa Information Status Escalated To Post Comments FOR SWEAR-IN - Communications Unit

Since we have received nothing more than a notice of an update, does anyone have any idea what this means?

My main concern here, is that last "X" in the instructions. I can't help but think that whoever told my fiance to send these docs via 2Go, may have been terribly wrong. My gut is telling me that she was supposed to hand over these docs to somebody important, but we have not been able to get any information on this. Add another expired medical and the amazing network #######-out that occurred in June, I can only guess when this nightmare will be over finally. We also have a now 5 year old USC daughter that needs to start school in the US sometime in her life. :(

Sooooo,

Has anyone remotely experienced a case like this before? If so, PLEASE share the details of what happened.

Does anyone know what "For swear in" means since there are no further instructions?

Does anyone know a decent Psychiatrist for me in the Denver area? Ugh......

I realize that parts of this post are light hearted but I assure you, we are both losing our minds. Please consider it seriously. We are a genuine family, that is hurting for answers from the Embassy. Thanks everyone.

I agree with your gut, you should have made another appointment for an interview, showed up with the documents as instructed, and lastly be sworn in.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Thank you kindly, to all that have replied.

I am still hoping that somebody will know what "for swear in" means.

I do not think that this case is lost, but I know there are still some rough waters ahead.

Does anyone think that it may be time for the Senator?

I agree with your gut, you should have made another appointment for an interview, showed up with the documents as instructed, and lastly be sworn in.

Hank, thank you for your opinion. It would not surprise me one bit that this was the case, and somebody misdirected her.

The level of communication has been an abomination to say the least. One interesting note however in regards to making an appointment.

Did you see how making an appointment was not checked off on the instructions? Can you see the contradiction on the last check about times and days AND a scheduled appointment?

I called the call center yesterday before making this post, and I was told that I could NOT make an appointment for her, but to just wait for further instructions. (wow, what a surprise there)

Since this has happened, she has gone to the Embassy two times to try for some answers. The first time, she waited inside for 5 hours to speak to somebody for 5 minutes. She was told they will look into the situation and get back us. She gave her name, case number, passport number, two phone numbers, etc. We never heard back from them of course. The second time she went, nobody would speak to her at all. It's not like we haven't done anything about this.

So if we are not allowed to make an actual appointment so we can "troubleshoot" this contradiction, I am not sure what else we can do. Except wait of course......

Filed: Timeline

The whole thing with the hospital is a scam. They take a large percentage of the applicants going through there and say they see a spot or scar tissue on their lungs. This comes from an employee working there.

They do this so the hospital looks good to the embassy.

Contact one of your congressional representatives and see if they can do a congressional inquery for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Definitely time to get your senator's / congressman's office involved!

I really feel for you. I thought my situation was bad, but I'm humbly reminded what I have to be thankful for.

Why are we made to feel like pests towards the embassy? We're paying for their ###### jobs with our tax dollars. Can you see our tax dollars flying into the wind? Because I can. :wow:

I'm so sorry this is happening to you, try to keep your eye on the prize, as distant as it may seem. Take comfort in knowing someone, somewhere has it worse than you. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :clock:

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Try going thru this since 2009 and doing the criminal investigations and medicals over and over because immigration lost them or they were ruined in the flooding of the CSC and then lost when another office suffererd storm damage and half the packet was sent to Nebraska

Yeah, been there; done that

hope don't have to go thru this BS ever again

and hair is now grey instead of blonde

light at the end of the tunnel / we have the visa and the tickets

my journey is under Morocco

Our 6 year ordeal

the timeline doesn't even cover what he had to do

Edited by Adil & Jeanne

Definitely time to get your senator's / congressman's office involved!

I really feel for you. I thought my situation was bad, but I'm humbly reminded what I have to be thankful for.

Why are we made to feel like pests towards the embassy? We're paying for their ###### jobs with our tax dollars. Can you see our tax dollars flying into the wind? Because I can. :wow:

I'm so sorry this is happening to you, try to keep your eye on the prize, as distant as it may seem. Take comfort in knowing someone, somewhere has it worse than you. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :clock:

Bingo!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.