K1Hopeful22

Anyone know a way to quickly search through chat records...facebook, skype, or whatsapp?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm getting ready to submit my I129F and I've heard overdocumentation is better than underdocumentation. I want to include some screenshots of conversations between my fiance and I to show that we have had an ongoing relationship for a long time now. We first met online 5 years ago. As I'm sure you can imagine, we've had many many conversations since then. Does anyone know of a way I can quickly search through chat logs to reach past dates? There's no specific conversation I'm looking for - I just want to prove we've remained in consistent contact for this entire time. And if I have to scroll through 5 years worth of consistent conversation, I'm not sure I'll ever reach 1 year ago let alone 5.

We have conversations on Facebook, Skype, and Whatsapp - so if anyone knows a method to do this for any one of these platforms, it would be greatly appreciated!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

On whatsapp there is a search feature where you can search a specific word and continue viewing each message with that word... that might help to go back pretty far if you use a word that isn't written frequently. For instance, you can search the word "calendar" and you can press the up or down button on the search to view all the messages with that word. If you have only messaged that word 5 months ago, it will go to that place- then at least you'll be back 5 months lol. I don't believe there's a way to search by date on facebook or whatsapp.

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Hi! I also had the same problem when I wanted to get random chats from way back in facebook. This will be easier to do on a computer or tablet. What you need to do is click on your fiance's chat box. Click on the options tool (looks like a cog wheel) and then click "see full conversation". You will then be in the full chat view for your fiance. On the top right there is a magnifying glass tool tip. If you click on it, it turns into a search bar. If you're not looking for anything in particular you can just type "good night" or "i love you" or "good morning". Whatever you guys usually type whenever you chat. It will show each line that has the particular word you are searching for. So if you chat once a day, there will be rows of chats starting from the beginning that contain the words you are searching for. If you want to jump to a certain time of a year, try thinking of a special event so maybe "happy birthday!" "happy new year" "happy mother's/father's day" "happy independence day" Merry Christmas" Etc2. Whenever there are chats that you like, press the "PrtScr Sys Rq" button on your keyboard. Go to the Paint program if you are using a computer and then press "Ctrl + V" to paste the picture onto there, and then save it! If you are on a tablet or phone, it's as easy as "print screening". You have to do this for each text area that can fit on the screen I know it is still a daunting task even with these tips, but it's so much better than starting from the most recent chat and scrolling all the way up til you hit 5 years (in fact it wont work, i tried it. Facebook will crash lol) If you are confused about anything regarding my post feel free to tell me and maybe I can show you a few pictures.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Marriage : July 2, 2014

March 7, 2015: I-130 Sent

March 17, 2015: I-130 NOA1 received in mail

March 17, 2015: I-129F Sent

March 28, 2015: I-129F NOA1 received in mail

April 3, 2015: I-130 updated on USCIS website to approved! awaiting hardcopy of NOA2

April 14, 2015: Case was sent to NVC

April 18, 2015: I-130 NOA2 hardcopy received in mail

April 22, 2015: Case was received by NVC

May 1, 2015: Case number assigned

May 4, 2015 : I-129F NOA2 received in mail

June 2, 2015 : Selected Agent Via Phone

June 16, 2015 : Paid AOS and IV Fees Via Mail

June 22, 2015 : Wife receives Appointment letter from Manila Embassy (I-129F)

*proceeding with K-3 Visa instead. Cannot wait for the NVC problems to resolve

June 23, 2015: Interview scheduled for July 30

July 9, 2015 : Medical Completed

July 30, 2015 : Interview Complete APPROVED!!

August 16, 2015 : Received Letter from NVC that I-130 is being expedited to Manila Embassy.

August 26, 2015 : Manila Embassy closes K3. Proceeding with CR1 again. New interview date September 16, 2015

September 16, 2015 : Interview Complete APPROVED!! ISSUED on same day. :dance:

September 23, 2015 : Visa in hand
September 29, 2015 : POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i am a fan of ascii text .

you speak of screen shots, which is an image, not any ascii text.

if you can create ascii text files,

then open them with an editor called 'notepad ++'

and you can search to your hearts content.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i would suggest you talk a little on yahoo or other once in a while from a computer and make this eaiser to print out

over a period this long you will not print out all

ours was 6 years and just a month is thousands of pages

and you don't need them yet USCIS doesn't want them til they ask

usually show at interview

PHotos of you together

passport stamp to show the visit to meet

the application and documents they ask for only

listed in USCIS site

if they want more, you will receive an RFE (request for evidence)''

YOu have time now to do chats in a site that is favorible for printing before the interview

Edited by Adil & Jeanne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I'm getting ready to submit my I129F and I've heard overdocumentation is better than underdocumentation.

For tough consulates, this is excellent thinking. USCIS will not care about this extra evidence but will pass it on to the consulate upon petition approval. The consul will then review the entire package and will form a distinct impression of the bona fide nature of the relationship. Carefully selected evidence toward this end is a boon.

1. and you don't need them yet USCIS doesn't want them til they ask

2. usually show at interview

1. See above.

2. See above. Note that evidence presented at the interview can be, and has been, refused. Conversely, consuls are not supposed to refuse visas on the basis of evidence that USCIS has seen. (It's still a good idea to bring additional evidence to the interview.)

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Thank you for the advice everyone! I'll try those methods for searching through WhatsApp and Facebook today.

As far as creating ascii texts, I have no experience doing this. Do I need any sort of program and is it fairly easy to do?

Thank you again everyone! This will make my search much easier!

Timeline

for Facebook you can go to the help center under Facebook and there's a section called download archive you can download your archive to your hard drive of your computer put Microsoft Word on your computer and scroll through all the pages you want and print the ones you want

Even if you have four thousand pages you can still pick what you want to print

Timeline

My understanding skype logs are history for 6 months only. You have to save in 6 months intervals maximum. Microsoft Windows word is the best to review chat logs and help you find pages you want to save and print

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I'm trying search my skype logs also but the problem is my skype stopped working it says "it's time to upgrade on the latest version" so I click download but when it's starts downloading and installing it quits working i did it again for how many times and the installing tooks so long and still not working. I'm using 8.1 laptop computer then I went to the cafe open up my skype but can't able to show our history and it should be in my computer. Any advice please?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.