KASH2011

I-751 August 2015 Filers

859 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kuwait
Timeline

If they accepted and gave you the NOA1, and then biometrics, why would you think filing 1 day late matters? I really doubt it does. You're in the queue just like everyone else.

You're right. It was just the only thing I could think of. Unfortunately, when I got home there was RFE in the mail. The online system doesn't show it. They are asking for more proof of our marriage after we moved to California. That was part of the delay in filing is that we sold our house, moved and settled down in California and that was during those 90 days before so I guess our evidence for California was very little. I can now provide more obviously, but some of it is annoying like they want the 2015 taxes and W-2s and we literally just gave it to our tax adviser to file so I'll have to wait to get that back before I can provide it to USCIS causing further delay.

Also, they want bank statements for 2 other bank accounts showing both our names, but they are in my name only (I'm the citizen). My husband and I had a joint account with a 3rd bank, which I already gave to them. I'll send more bank statements since those. They obviously did a credit check on us to see I have 2 other accounts and gave me the partial accounts numbers for reference. We didn't add him to my existing accounts, we just created a new joint account. Nothing I can do about it now except explain.

Also, they asked for us to explain if we have lived separate from each other since November 2012, which we haven't. The longest we have ever been apart is 1 week. We are rarely apart, so I think they may be seeing on my credit report other addresses that I could never get removed after I was a victim of identity theft and those addresses still show on my address history.

The list they gave is pretty long and very specific to us, not a generic list. I think I can give them most of what they want, I hope it is good enough and I'll just have to write a long letter of explanation. They definitely went over our papers in details to pick up on these finer details that I didn't see myself could be misinterpreted as if we moved away from each other or something and maybe they held onto our file until near the end of tax season so they could ask us for 2015 taxes to see if we filed jointly and both us filed as residents of California, etc.

K-1 to Citizenship - 6 year immigration journey: January 2012 to January 2018

Filed: Timeline

You're right. It was just the only thing I could think of. Unfortunately, when I got home there was RFE in the mail. The online system doesn't show it. They are asking for more proof of our marriage after we moved to California. That was part of the delay in filing is that we sold our house, moved and settled down in California and that was during those 90 days before so I guess our evidence for California was very little. I can now provide more obviously, but some of it is annoying like they want the 2015 taxes and W-2s and we literally just gave it to our tax adviser to file so I'll have to wait to get that back before I can provide it to USCIS causing further delay.

Also, they want bank statements for 2 other bank accounts showing both our names, but they are in my name only (I'm the citizen). My husband and I had a joint account with a 3rd bank, which I already gave to them. I'll send more bank statements since those. They obviously did a credit check on us to see I have 2 other accounts and gave me the partial accounts numbers for reference. We didn't add him to my existing accounts, we just created a new joint account. Nothing I can do about it now except explain.

Also, they asked for us to explain if we have lived separate from each other since November 2012, which we haven't. The longest we have ever been apart is 1 week. We are rarely apart, so I think they may be seeing on my credit report other addresses that I could never get removed after I was a victim of identity theft and those addresses still show on my address history.

The list they gave is pretty long and very specific to us, not a generic list. I think I can give them most of what they want, I hope it is good enough and I'll just have to write a long letter of explanation. They definitely went over our papers in details to pick up on these finer details that I didn't see myself could be misinterpreted as if we moved away from each other or something and maybe they held onto our file until near the end of tax season so they could ask us for 2015 taxes to see if we filed jointly and both us filed as residents of California, etc.

Look at this as good news. First, they told you exactly what they wants. Its a hoop. Jump through it. And you're done. Second, you're filing through CSC, which is actually reviewing cases. We've had no movement in VSC. My husband can and will send his naturalization in 3 weeks, and it looks like his ROC wouldn't even be approved till July based on estimates. Insane and total waste of money.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for sharing these details with us. It would be very helpful. It's interesting to know what they check and how accurate they are about the things they want from us.

I would say atleast they got back to you with the RFE, and now you know that once you complete this last step, it's end of that horrible waiting time and you are done.

I have few questions for you if you don't mind:

1) From where did they sent you the RFE, and where you need to submit those papers? California Service Center or your Local Office?

2) How many days they've given you to submit those papers? Did they clearly mention "Submit By Date" or they just mentioned something like "Within XX Number of Days"?

3) Does the RFE letter say what may happen if you fail to submit those papers within the given Timeframe?

Timeline

I am not an august filer, but I had my interview at march 21st. It was a stoke interview and we were separated and asked some 30 questions. We got all right, as we have been together for now 4 years. 3 days later, I got letter of approval as well and my case status is still the same, case was received. So I think it is normal. Mine took 16 months from filing to approval. It was mostly pending security check.

Thanks for sharing these details, 16 months is unbelievable time for ROC applications, I can't imagine how difficult it was for you to wait all this time!

I have few questions regarding your Interview if you don't mind:

1) Did they Separated and Interviewed you guys at the same time with two different Interviewers? or it was one-by-one with single Interviewer?

2) Did you guys take your Immigration Attorney with you at the Interview? If yes, was he allowed to be present with each of you when you were Interviewed separately?

3) Did they ask same ~30 Questions to both of you, to check if your answers differ?

4) Generally what kind of questions were they? Specific to the Documents you've or you haven't submitted? Or related to your married life together?

Thanks for sharing these details, 16 months is unbelievable time for ROC applications, I can't imagine how difficult it was for you to wait all this time!

I have few questions regarding your Interview if you don't mind:

1) Did they Separated and Interviewed you guys at the same time with two different Interviewers? or it was one-by-one with single Interviewer?

2) Did you guys take your Immigration Attorney with you at the Interview? If yes, was he allowed to be present with each of you when you were Interviewed separately?

3) Did they ask same ~30 Questions to both of you, to check if your answers differ?

4) Generally what kind of questions were they? Specific to the Documents you've or you haven't submitted? Or related to your married life together?

My case was pending due to pending security check for almost 9 months. It wasn't hard, cause our day to day life was not interrupted by waiting, and we were not stressed as we have nothing to hide. Worst case scenario, they would do a house visit! we would greet them with tea! LOL

To your questions:

1) It was one by one with a single interviewer. She told me that that's her style of interviewing and she does that to everybody, as it is safer. That doesn't mean they are suspicious ( I got approved the next day as the approval date had the next day, so I believe they were not suspicious)

2) We never had an attorney

3) they didn't check anything. We reviewed our answers in our way back home and we got everything right. The interviewer told us that we will get a "positive" news in about a week and she told us our file is super thick and she needs to go through it one more time. No checking

4) All random questions from easy ones (what is her birthday) to tricky ones ( when was the last time you went to her parent's house and how long did you stay?) and some easy stuff about our documents, our house, rental history, works, jobs and stuff like that.

By the way, I got my card, two weeks after approval.

Edited by julbuk

Timeline

My case was pending due to pending security check for almost 9 months. It wasn't hard, cause our day to day life was not interrupted by waiting, and we were not stressed as we have nothing to hide. Worst case scenario, they would do a house visit! we would greet them with tea! LOL

To your questions:

1) It was one by one with a single interviewer. She told me that that's her style of interviewing and she does that to everybody, as it is safer. That doesn't mean they are suspicious ( I got approved the next day as the approval date had the next day, so I believe they were not suspicious)

2) We never had an attorney

3) they didn't check anything. We reviewed our answers in our way back home and we got everything right. The interviewer told us that we will get a "positive" news in about a week and she told us our file is super thick and she needs to go through it one more time. No checking

4) All random questions from easy ones (what is her birthday) to tricky ones ( when was the last time you went to her parent's house and how long did you stay?) and some easy stuff about our documents, our house, rental history, works, jobs and stuff like that.

By the way, I got my card, two weeks after approval.

Congrats, and Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated. :)

Timeline

Look at this as good news. First, they told you exactly what they wants. Its a hoop. Jump through it. And you're done. Second, you're filing through CSC, which is actually reviewing cases. We've had no movement in VSC. My husband can and will send his naturalization in 3 weeks, and it looks like his ROC wouldn't even be approved till July based on estimates. Insane and total waste of money.

I completely agree with you

Timeline

Thanks for sharing these details with us. It would be very helpful. It's interesting to know what they check and how accurate they are about the things they want from us.

I would say atleast they got back to you with the RFE, and now you know that once you complete this last step, it's end of that horrible waiting time and you are done.

I have few questions for you if you don't mind:

1) From where did they sent you the RFE, and where you need to submit those papers? California Service Center or your Local Office?

Yes from and to the California Service Center in Laguna Niguel, CA. It has a P.O. Box and ATTN: RFE for the return envelope. I knew right away it was RFE because of the blue paper inside.

2) How many days they've given you to submit those papers? Did they clearly mention "Submit By Date" or they just mentioned something like "Within XX Number of Days"?

First thing it says is to return this notice on top of the requested information and you are given until JUNE 27, 2016 to respond. (That comes out to 84 days from the date of our notice to that date...weird).

3) Does the RFE letter say what may happen if you fail to submit those papers within the given Timeframe?

It says later that if you fail to submit ALL evidence requested at one time may result in the denial of your application. (therefore, I would submit everything together and not some now and some later).

It also says the deadline is the maximum period to respond and you should response as soon as possible.

That's about it. Just the next pages is the the list of everything they want.

I am an august filler (CSC) too and just got a RFE... I was expecting to be approved right away, and after 8 months waiting I received the letter =(
About two weeks ago I called uscis and spoke with an immigration officer about the delay in my case, that was going to complete 8 months... He said he had no updates and that i could take up to one year... The date of my RFE notice is 2 days after that call, I wonder if they sent me that because of the call?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am an august filler (CSC) too and just got a RFE... I was expecting to be approved right away, and after 8 months waiting I received the letter =(

About two weeks ago I called uscis and spoke with an immigration officer about the delay in my case, that was going to complete 8 months... He said he had no updates and that i could take up to one year... The date of my RFE notice is 2 days after that call, I wonder if they sent me that because of the call?

Sorry you got RFE but they are more common than people think. They must have sent you a list of items that yielded to the RFE decision. If you could share what they would like to see more, this forum is very quick and generous finding potential documents to make your RFE package stronger. Good luck!

thank you charmander. I shared my "problem" here, if you can help with you opinion.. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592299-i751-rfe-no-properties-no-credit-no-money/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think it was because of the Call. We got an RFE two days after requesting a Notice of Status because it was outside the normal processing times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.