DydyLo

Ds 260 waiting to be reviewed

166 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My documents were scanned on the 9th of Sept. Still waiting for documents to be reviewed and case completed. They said 30 days from the 9th.

And no I don't drive Uber.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hi all I filled for my wife and son ds 260 thank god there case is complete so I am currantly whating for interview date I want to know

When I filled out the form for my son he had a Passaport that was going to expire in 6 month and he had my third name as last name in usa I have my fourth name as my last name so I came back to my country and applied for him for new Passaport witch I went ahead and changed his last name from third to fourth I want to make it same as main then I relaxed that once u fill out the form ds260 u can't change it will he have problem at the embassy ?

Second I filled for my wife but at the end when it says who filled this application I thought it was meant for me to answer so I put no one helped me I filled it my self will she have problem too ? Thank u

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi guys

a question. I have submitted my DS260 3 months ago. now I accidentally clicked on the IV application and it opened the DS260 for me agian I wonder is it same as choice of agent form in which if you click the timer will reset and it goes on the review queue agian? :((( I am so worried!... I opened and closed only. what should I do?

My case seems to be cursed at NVC.

1/10/2013 : We sent I130 application to chicago

3/10/2013 : Application received - Priority date

8/10/2013 : NOA1 hard copy received

26/3/2015: Case Transfered to California

2/4/2015 : I-130 Approval

5/4/2015 : NOA2 Hard Copy received

23/4/2015 : NVC recieved the case

1/5/2015 : Case number and IIN assigned (Phone Call)

11/5/2015 : DS-261 Available and completed

27/5/2015 : Both fees were paid via post

28/5/2015 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

6/6/2015 : Scan date - Document received by NVC

5/7/2015 : DS-260 Available and completed

6/7/2015 : Checklist ( marriage certificate from another authority- i864 ( missing tax for 2014)

16/7/2015 : our new Scan date

12/10/2015 : 2nd checklist: NVC lost the resident permit document and ask it again.

20/10/2015 : new scan date

24/11/2015: case complete

CONSULATE

24/1/2016 : Medical
2/2/2016 : Interview
3/3/2016 : Visa in hand
15/4/2016 : POE

Hi guys

a question. I have submitted my DS260 3 months ago. now I accidentally clicked on the IV application and it opened the DS260 for me agian I wonder is it same as choice of agent form in which if you click the timer will reset and it goes on the review queue agian? :((( I am so worried!... I opened and closed only. what should I do?

I suggest that you call the NVC to inquire. Nothing to be worried about; it won't set back the clock for you. But I would call if for no other reason than to allay your anxiety.

Timeline

thanks

I called and she did not understand what i am talking about :)) maybe i was not clear enough

she said wait for review to be done

Hi guys

I suggest that you call the NVC to inquire. Nothing to be worried about; it won't set back the clock for you. But I would call if for no other reason than to allay your anxiety.

6/7/2015 : Checklist ( marriage certificate from another authority- i864 ( missing tax for 2014)

12/10/2015 : 2nd checklist: NVC lost the resident permit document and ask it again.

CONSULATE

Filed: Country: Greece
Timeline

thanks

I called and she did not understand what i am talking about :)) maybe i was not clear enough

she said wait for review to be done

I would not wait. 3 months you say..... I recommend that you call and ask nicely to be connected to a supervisor (preferably Sylvia) due to the reason that this is taking too long. Explain this to the supervisor and he/she will most likely do the review right there on the spot. That is what I did. and just to give you an example they said my wife passport was missing and I asked the Supervisor to email it to her directly while we were on the the phone and she checked the email and went ahead and did the review. So in my opinion unless you get a CC with a couple of weeks, just go ahead and try for a Supervisor.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi everyone, just wanted to update you on my case. So I submitted the DS-260 on July 8 and it still hasn't been reviewed yet. On Sept 2, I spoke to a supervisor, Nadi, who told me that due to the backlog they're still reviewing April/May/June cases and forwarded my case to a supervisor in the DS-260 department and requested my supporting documents to be sent there so they may review it. Later when I called an NVC rep said because it was requested by a supervisor, it would take 2 weeks to be received otherwise it was 30 days.

pagos76, Sylvia probably works in the DS-260 review department which is why she was able to do it on the spot. Nadi said she's not qualified to review the DS-260 over the phone with me.

Today I called and was able to speak to Nadi again (she remembered me! lol). She started off telling me about the backlog again when I inquired about my case and told me that she sent her request on Sept 2 but there haven't been any updates. Until, I told her about my other case which is also F4 and the DS260 was submitted Aug 26 and CC was on 9/18. Thats when she decided to dig further and even looked into seeing if a visa number was available and saw that our PD was much earlier then what was currently on the VB. She asked if I submitted the DS-260s for the family members on the same day and I told her yes, I did. Nadi also told me that if there are divorce, adoption, court or military documents then it will take longer to review but, I told her that this case had none of those and it was only the police certificates. I think this is when she realized that the backlog excuse was just that, an excuse.

She drafted a message requesting an update saying that the other case was already CC'ed even though it was submitted almost 2 months later and sent the message out to all the supervisors in the DS-260 department so they will all be able to look into it. She said the last time I spoke to her on Sept 2 she sent the message to only one supervisor and that she may have been on vacation which is why it's been almost a month with no updates [she said she herself would receive the updates and she hadn't]. After she sent the message she said she should receive an update soon but doesn't know when. All in all, she was super nice and helpful and looked into all aspects as to why it was taking so long. Although, I wish I would've been able to speak to a DS-260 department supervisor so they'd be able to review it on the spot. I wonder how you get connected to one or if you can even request it.

Hopefully, we'll get the CC soon now that all the supervisors have been requested to look into my case. I'll update everyone with what happens and maybe it'll help someone else out too. (Sorry if this post is too long, just wanted to be detailed) :)

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

hey guys so i paid my fees last month already and completed the ds260 last week i just mailed the aos/iv package today how soon do you think i will get a cc i see people saying it was 21 days and it going up due to backlog to get a cc and is it true that they need the package to review the ds260 even though it was submitted last week a little confused sorry thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NVC told me that im case complete since august 13, 2015 but i haven't received a cc letter.she told me to send me a letter regarding my case status. i dont know if she's telling the truth or what, but she's pretty nice when i called. btw, my PD is Oct 2, 2013.

NVC told me that im case complete since august 13, 2015 but i haven't received a cc letter.she told me to send me a letter regarding my case status. i dont know if she's telling the truth or what, but she's pretty nice when i called. btw, my PD is Oct 2, 2013.

The NVC is backlogged. Have patience. You can attempt to speak with a supervisor, but usually you will be told to wait for the thirty day period. If you have made no mistakes and were careful in submitting your documents, then all should be fine. I know it's hard to wait, but patience is important. Call to check on the status a couple of times a week or every week, but in due time you will receive the good news.

hey guys so i paid my fees last month already and completed the ds260 last week i just mailed the aos/iv package today how soon do you think i will get a cc i see people saying it was 21 days and it going up due to backlog to get a cc and is it true that they need the package to review the ds260 even though it was submitted last week a little confused sorry thanks

Yes, atorres. The NVC needs all supporting documents in order to make their decision. My wife and I recently had our CC, but not before I had to correct two mistakes that I made: I failed to get the Extensa (long) form of my wife's birth certificate and to have the birth and marriage certificates legalized at the Central Registry Office in Santo Domingo. I did this in August, mailed the new documents with translations (which I had previously) on August 30 and we received our CC on September 22. You can call to check your on your case status, but you will usually be told to wait for the thirty-day review period. Stay on top of your case, communicate with the NVC, and you will be fine. If you sent all the documents as required, you should have no problems and your case should move along quickly. Let me know if you have questions.

Timeline

Thanks PAgos76 for nice advice. i try to get hold of Sylvia then. let see if i am successful. I hope I can find her and ask her kindly to help us.

youa re lucky she did it for u on the phone. :)

I would not wait. 3 months you say..... I recommend that you call and ask nicely to be connected to a supervisor (preferably Sylvia) due to the reason that this is taking too long. Explain this to the supervisor and he/she will most likely do the review right there on the spot. That is what I did. and just to give you an example they said my wife passport was missing and I asked the Supervisor to email it to her directly while we were on the the phone and she checked the email and went ahead and did the review. So in my opinion unless you get a CC with a couple of weeks, just go ahead and try for a Supervisor.

CONSULATE

Timeline

Hi Again Pagos76

I called and talked with a nice guy and he said since more than 42 is passed from supervisor review he will send an email to the dept and ask them to have the mail back . and he said he will talk with the supervisor in his break time to specify i have been waited for a long time and talk about my case.

I said can I talk with the supervisor so she can review the form for me on the phone. he said we do not have the mail here so we cannot review it on the phone for you yet. you need to wait until we have the mail from that dept. then the supervisor will review it in 1 day and so i could not talk with a supervisor.

does it sound logical for you? what would u do if you were in my shoe :D?

CONSULATE

Filed: Country: Greece
Timeline

Hi Again Pagos76

I called and talked with a nice guy and he said since more than 42 is passed from supervisor review he will send an email to the dept and ask them to have the mail back . and he said he will talk with the supervisor in his break time to specify i have been waited for a long time and talk about my case.

I said can I talk with the supervisor so she can review the form for me on the phone. he said we do not have the mail here so we cannot review it on the phone for you yet. you need to wait until we have the mail from that dept. then the supervisor will review it in 1 day and so i could not talk with a supervisor.

does it sound logical for you? what would u do if you were in my shoe :D?

Not sure what advice to give to you at this point.... So I will tell what I did. I called everyday and directly asked for a supervisor saying that this has gone on for too long. Then when a supervisor was not availabke I asked to be put back into the waiting line. Then again till I got through ( usually bybthe second time I did). Then I told the supervisor the very same thing. If I still got the answer you got I asked them tovat least look at the rest of the case ( documents etc) to make sure that everything was going well. Then I gave them the rest of the day off and called again next day. It took me 3 days to get to Sylvia

. Maybe it was luck or just my time..... Sorry I cannot help more and please know that I understand your pains. Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.