DydyLo

Ds 260 waiting to be reviewed

166 posts in this topic

Call and try talking to the supervisor directly that's what i read at VJ several times. Hope it works for you as well. They can do the review over the phone, if you are on supervisor review!

I've been trying, but talking to one seems like buying a lottery ticket. It seems impossible.

Hraja is right, DydyLo, call and try to speak directly to a supervisor.

We submitted our ds 260 on July 5....on August 6 I called NVC and they put us on supervisor review.

We kept trying to reach a live supervisor since then, and on August 14 my husband got hold of one and got our case completed! Saw 3 N/As on August 15(yesterday)! ....it works!

Try get hold of a supervisor in the coming week.

I wish you all the best.

Called almost every 3 days and tried different times. Ask for a supervisor and always the same blah blah blah days...

Really hoping our case gets approved soon. Good luck to all of us.

Just give you guys an update. 40 days of waiting for ds260 to be reviewed. Went to supervisor review and after 7 days. Got my cc. Just waiting for an interview date now.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anybody else waiting for their DS260 to be reviewed? 53 days waiting to be reviewed, escalated to supervisor review. And still waiting...my father's DS260 hasn't been reviewed for more then two months. If I don't hear from them come Ocotober 9, it'll be 3 months. My parent's IV applications has been sitting on NVC now for 5 months... :(

Anybody else waiting for their DS260 to be reviewed? 53 days waiting to be reviewed, escalated to supervisor review. And still waiting...my father's DS260 hasn't been reviewed for more then two months. If I don't hear from them come Ocotober 9, it'll be 3 months. My parent's IV applications has been sitting on NVC now for 5 months... :(

Call and try to speak to supervisor. He will review it for you over the phone if ur ds260,is over 30days.

Mine arrived at NVC back in February so it's been almost eight months. I made a mistake in sending the wrong form of the birth certificate and also to have them legalized,which I didn't do the first time, which undoubtedly set us back a couple of months. I'm waiting for the correct documents to be reviewed. Thirty days as of August 30, so I'm hoping soon. It was my mistake, but yeah, things get frustrating when they don't happen as quickly as one would like.

I should also add that the NVC failed to send me a checklist. I waited and waited and then finally called. Again, my mistake in not being proactive. This , too, probably cost me another month or so.

Mine is exactly the same!

The case has been at NVC since February.

Was finally able to fill out DS260 on 5th July.

It was until 3rd Aug that we were told over the phone that we need to have my birth certificate legalized/notarized. We had been told many times in the past that our packet was fine and they never did issue us a checklist on my birth certificate until recently.

When did you resend the birth certificate?

Have you talked to a supervisor regarding the status of the case?

I really hope this nightmare will end soon :(

I should also add that the NVC failed to send me a checklist. I waited and waited and then finally called. Again, my mistake in not being proactive. This , too, probably cost me another month or so.

Mine is exactly the same!

The case has been at NVC since February.

Was finally able to fill out DS260 on 5th July.

It was until 3rd Aug that we were told over the phone that we need to have my birth certificate legalized/notarized. We had been told many times in the past that our packet was fine and they never did issue us a checklist on my birth certificate until recently.

When did you resend the birth certificate?

Have you talked to a supervisor regarding the status of the case?

I really hope this nightmare will end soon :(

Hi Flora,

I resent the birth and marriage certificates, now legalized and in proper long form, August 30. I'm hoping the thirty-day review is going to be accurate. I haven't spoken with a supervisor, but a CSR assured me that things will progress within the time period. I have called to request a supervisor, but no luck. If I don't hear back next week, I will call and for a supervisor review.

Yes. It has been an odyssey and one that I wish would end. My wife is upset with me and the bureaucracy of the State Department. I'm upset that I never received a checklist the first time. This will be my reason and justification for calling if I don't hear soon. Hang in there. Let me know if anything changes for you. I'm sure it will, soon.

I laughed when I saw you saying "my wife is upset with me" and your government because that's exactly what I feel. I got really disappointed with the U.S. (just NVC I guess) even before landing there. And I got quite upset with my husband as well because I never expected this to last that long.

I would definitely call NVC and try to speak to a supervisor and have the documents reviewed over the phone If I were you. That's one of the things I constantly argue with my husband because I really have trust issues with NVC and I don't believe their 30 day period. They are always late in my case.

This waiting game has absolutely pushed my limit to the edge. I never thought I could be this patient. Guess it's the magic of love. The moment you see each other makes the waiting worthwhile.

Please keep me posted on you case as well. It shall end soon... :)

Hi Flora,

I resent the birth and marriage certificates, now legalized and in proper long form, August 30. I'm hoping the thirty-day review is going to be accurate. I haven't spoken with a supervisor, but a CSR assured me that things will progress within the time period. I have called to request a supervisor, but no luck. If I don't hear back next week, I will call and for a supervisor review.

Yes. It has been an odyssey and one that I wish would end. My wife is upset with me and the bureaucracy of the State Department. I'm upset that I never received a checklist the first time. This will be my reason and justification for calling if I don't hear soon. Hang in there. Let me know if anything changes for you. I'm sure it will, soon.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I'm still waiting as well. It's been 70 days for me...I submitted it on July 8. It was escalated to supervisor review on August 14 so it's been 33 days on supervisor review.

I even talked to a supervisor on Sept 2 and she kept telling me they were backlogged and were reviewing DS-260s from April/May/June. She sent it over to the department to be reviewed because apparently she's not qualified to review it herself.

I'm going to call again tomorrow to see if I can talk to her again...

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Flora, Teeak, Katniss, et al., any news for you?

My work is the only thing that keeps me distracted enough to avoid incessant, compulsive, preoccupation. I'm tempted to call the NVC today, but I suspect the only words I will hear are more of the same: wait for the review period to conclude. I also don't want to hear that one document or another requires some clarification. Whenever I mention the NVC or the status of our visa to my wife, she starts laughing, which invariably turns to derision, cynicism, and then anger. UUUggghh. I'm frustrated.

Have a great weekend. :protest::protest::help::angry:

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I really do not understand NVC whatsoever. I actually have 2 cases at NVC right now, both are F4. One is my uncle's, whose DS-260 we submitted July 8. The other is my aunt's, whose DS-260 and documents were sent in August 26. I call this morning and find out my aunt's case has been completed but my uncle's (who has been waiting almost 3 months!) is still waiting to be reviewed.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said there wasn't one available so she put me back in the queue to wait for another rep so I can ask to speak to one again.

I seriously do not understand this process....

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

I checked AOS fee this morning, Saturday, September 19, and the fee indicates a change from "Paid" to "N/A." This is the the third N/A. Should I assume N/A change means CC?????? I'm so excited, but I don't want to assume anything? ??????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.