calengineer

IR-5 (i-130) Time Delay in Nebraska Service Center

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Dear All,

My wife, a US citizen, petitioned her parents using I-130 back in 19-Feb-15. The USCIS website immediately showed NOA1 5 days later. According to the USCIS website, most i-130 for parents of US citizents were taken 5 months to processed up until 5 days ago. Today is the 23-Jul-15, therefore more than 5 months have passed.

However, I just checked the processing time frames for Nebraska for I-130 for parents of US citizens and now it shows that the last case they processed was that of January of 2014. Does that mean they take 18 months to process I-130s?

Can I contact the USCIS and request for help for a special service. The 18 months looks very unusual for I-130s.

Thanks in advance

My Timeline - From when I became resident to now

My Photos - As time has passed by

VisaJourneySignature.JPG

N-400: Citizenship (Applying pursuant to INA 319(b))
Service Center : Fairfax, VA
CIS Office : Fairfax, VA
Date Filed : 15-Aug-2014
Bio. Appt. : 09-Sep-2014 (issued by error as applicant had already taken fingerprints overseas).
Bio. Appt Corrected. : 14-Sep-14 (Bio appt canceled by immigration since application already included fingerprint card).
Interview Appointment Received via E-Mail : 25-Nov-14
Interview Date, Place, and Status: 09-Dec-14 in Fairfax, VA (Accepted)
Same Day Oath Ceremony: 09-Dec-14
US Passport Received: 11-Dec-14
Comments : Applied pursuant to INA 319(b) on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen who is or will be regularly stationed abroad. Application sent to the Virginia office. Fingerprints taken at overseas embassy and sealed on enveloped to be sent with N-400 application.

I-130: IR-5 Visa (Wife Petitioned Parents)
Service Center : N/A
Consulate : Juarez, Mexico
I-130 Sent to Phoenix PO Box : 17-Feb-15
I-130 NOA1 : 24-Feb-15 (Routed to Nebraska Service Center)
I-130 NOA2 : 24-Jul-15 (Exactly 5 months or 150 days from NOA1)
NVC Received I-130 : 10-Aug-15
NVC Produced Case Number: 16-Aug-15
Received NVC Letter with Case Numbers: 24-Aug-15
Submitted DS-261 Online Forms: 25-Aug-15
Resubmitted one DS-261 as made a mistake: 25-Aug-15
Payed AOS Fees: 25-Aug-15 (USD 120.00 for both)
Sent I864: 07-Sep-15
Paid IV Fee: 29-Sep-15 (USD 325.00 for each)
Submitted DS-260: 06-Oct-15
I864 Reviewed: 07-Oct-15 (2014 W2 missing but NVC will proceed with interview as long as applicant takes it to interview)

veC6p4.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are having a similar problem too. I am a USC and petitioned my mother and submitted the application December 2014. EAD got approved and still waiting for I-130/I-485 but last April, we received a letter saying due to the workload of the processing center, there will be an approximately 6 month delay. i went online to see the processing time and it did also say "January 2014". i am not sure if they update it or not but if that is accurate then they way behind.

Timeline

We are having a similar problem too. I am a USC and petitioned my mother and submitted the application December 2014. EAD got approved and still waiting for I-130/I-485 but last April, we received a letter saying due to the workload of the processing center, there will be an approximately 6 month delay. i went online to see the processing time and it did also say "January 2014". i am not sure if they update it or not but if that is accurate then they way behind.

Hey Manilaboy83, I just found out that my i-130 submitted in mid feb of 2015 was approved two days ago. Maybe they meant "january 2015" and not "january 2014" but I"m not sure. I think you should call USCIS and tell them to open a special request for you. Hopefully you get it approve soon.

VisaJourneySignature.JPG

Bio. Appt. : 09-Sep-2014 (issued by error as applicant had already taken fingerprints overseas).
Bio. Appt Corrected. : 14-Sep-14 (Bio appt canceled by immigration since application already included fingerprint card).
Comments : Applied pursuant to INA 319(b) on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen who is or will be regularly stationed abroad. Application sent to the Virginia office. Fingerprints taken at overseas embassy and sealed on enveloped to be sent with N-400 application.

I864 Reviewed: 07-Oct-15 (2014 W2 missing but NVC will proceed with interview as long as applicant takes it to interview)

veC6p4.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi calengineer,

I filed my parents visa petition in end Dec 2014. It was approved on 12th June. So yours must be getting cleared any time now They say 5 months. But in my case, they took five and a half months.

Good luck to you.

Timeline

Hey Manilaboy83, I just found out that my i-130 submitted in mid feb of 2015 was approved two days ago. Maybe they meant "january 2015" and not "january 2014" but I"m not sure. I think you should call USCIS and tell them to open a special request for you. Hopefully you get it approve soon.

thank you for the info. Im not sure if we have the same case but i filed both I-485/I-130. im a bit confused. do i get just one receipt (MSC#) or will i get separate receipt for each??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Manilaboy83, I just found out that my i-130 submitted in mid feb of 2015 was approved two days ago. Maybe they meant "january 2015" and not "january 2014" but I"m not sure. I think you should call USCIS and tell them to open a special request for you. Hopefully you get approve soon.

I am in california. And having sleepless nights over nebrasksa center. I called USCIS 3-4 times today. And every rep said its not a mistake. it is back logged to january 2014. They asked me to call after 18 months. I panicked at that because its unbelievable. I didn't understand when I am from california, how my application landed in nebraska, rep replied, they can assign me any center. Earlier I been told by lawyer that k3 visa for wife is useless. I believe I should go ahead and file for k3 as it may take a shorter time and is useful if immigrant is back logged. I am usc and filed for wife. Please advice. My priority for wife is June 2015.(No kids)

Edited by naubahi

Timeline

thank you for the info. Im not sure if we have the same case but i filed both I-485/I-130. im a bit confused. do i get just one receipt (MSC#) or will i get separate receipt for each??

As far as I'm concerned you should get two different receipt. There are two different applications and hence require different processing. Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

VisaJourneySignature.JPG

veC6p4.png

Timeline

I am in california. And having sleepless nights over nebrasksa center. I called USCIS 3-4 times today. And every rep said its not a mistake. it is back logged to january 2014. They asked me to call after 18 months. I panicked at that because its unbelievable. I didn't understand when I am from california, how my application landed in nebraska, rep replied, they can assign me any center. Earlier I been told by lawyer that k3 visa for wife is useless. I believe I should go ahead and file for k3 as it may take a shorter time and is useful if immigrant is back logged. I am usc and filed for wife. Please advice. My priority for wife is June 2015.(No kids)

Please note that the representatives only might know as much as we now. All they have is a computer in front of them and some basic information about the application, not much more. As for the routing of your application, it is correct, it doesn't matter if you live on Nebraska or California, they route your application to whatever place they think is the most convenient in terms of processing timing. The USCIS tries to balance all centers the same.

My advise is to not file the K3 visa. You have already applied for the i-130, please be patient. The backlog might suddenly pick up and you might have your application approved sooner than you think. Like I said earlier, mine was approved in exactly 5 months, yours should be soon as well. The K3 will just throw you even further to the back of the line. Needless to say that a K3 is not an I-130 and once your wife gets to the states, you will will have to do more paperwork which at the end will give you more headaches and will cost you more.

My advise: Wait!

VisaJourneySignature.JPG

veC6p4.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, my son (USC) applied for me in march 2015.already got EAD/ap card but my case still at nbc.

What should I do? I thought they'd transfer to a svc center for proccessing of I 485/i130? Please help?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All!!! I guess there are a few of us who are lucky enough to get approved at USCIS quick. I have petitioned both my parents, PD is 2/24/15 and 2/26/15 Nebraska service cntr. Both petitions got approved 3/30/15, I was really surprised!!! I already conditioned my mind that the approval would take about 4-5 months. When I petitioned my hubby to co.e here in the US, it took 4 months before aproval at USCIS. I have even seen IR1/CR1 get approved in only 16 days!!! So, don't lose hope!!! Your approvals will come soon. :)

I am stuck at NVC right now, still awaiting case completion for both petitions. The system was done for months so I had to wait. My case has been with NVC since April. Was able to get case number by the end of April and was able to pay the AOS fee. The IV bill took awhile. I had to pay by mail for it.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi manilaboy83,

There is one major misunderstanding . When you file I130 and I485 together, ( which you seem to have done ), NVC does NOT come into the picture. Only USCIS is involved. NVC is for standalone I130 cases AFTER I130 is approved by USCIS. When you file 130 and 485 together, it is known as Adjustment Of Status, and it takes about 11 months to clear by USCIS as per their claim. But I believe it is taking about 12 months.

Timeline

Hi manilaboy83,

There is one major misunderstanding . When you file I130 and I485 together, ( which you seem to have done ), NVC does NOT come into the picture. Only USCIS is involved. NVC is for standalone I130 cases AFTER I130 is approved by USCIS. When you file 130 and 485 together, it is known as Adjustment Of Status, and it takes about 11 months to clear by USCIS as per their claim. But I believe it is taking about 12 months.

Thank you for the information. Actually it is getting more confusing now. My mother received a letter from USCIS last April mentioning about the delay in their nebraska office (who processes the appliction we submitted). We did call the customer service one time and another information was given to us, saying these kind of applications are processed at the local uscis offices. Im quite sure now where and how to track the progress when the online status is obviously unreliable.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All!!! I guess there are a few of us who are lucky enough to get approved at USCIS quick. I have petitioned both my parents, PD is 2/24/15 and 2/26/15 Nebraska service cntr. Both petitions got approved 3/30/15, I was really surprised!!! I already conditioned my mind that the approval would take about 4-5 months. When I petitioned my hubby to co.e here in the US, it took 4 months before aproval at USCIS. I have even seen IR1/CR1 get approved in only 16 days!!! So, don't lose hope!!! Your approvals will come soon. :)

I am stuck at NVC right now, still awaiting case completion for both petitions. The system was done for months so I had to wait. My case has been with NVC since April. Was able to get case number by the end of April and was able to pay the AOS fee. The IV bill took awhile. I had to pay by mail for it.

I am one of those who were lucky to have been approved quick by Nebraska SC. They receive my I130 for mom July 1. On the 3rd week of July they sent an RFE (i forgot to send her Marriage Cert) . They received my document on the 14th of August then it was approved the 25th of August. So, here comes NVC stage.

Goodluck to all of us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.