Izalew73

Assembling documents with I-485 and I-130?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Poland
Timeline

I am preparing my application for green card, I-485, I-130 plus I-765 employment authorization and I-131 application for travel document. Everything is almost ready to go. But is not fully clear to me how to assemble everything, and if this is important. Should I assemble first all forms together and then under them attach all supporting documents together, birth certificates, photographs, divorce certificate, etc. OR separate form I -485 with supporting documents, then form I-130 with supporting documents and photos, etc. what is the best way to attach photographs?

Thanks for tips!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You should have a cover letter, that includes everything in the package.

I recently sent out mine if you like, I show you mine, & hopefully clear up your assembling issue.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

USCIS
FBAS
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please kindly find enclosed concurrent filing of forms: I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), I-131 (Application for travel Document)

Contents include:

1. Form G1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

2. Check in the amount of US $ 420.00 for form I-130

3. Check in the amount of US $ 1070.00 for form I-485

4. I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

· Copy of Petitioners Birth Certificate with translation

· Copy of Petitioners( US Citizen) passport (all pages)

· Copy of Petitioners (US Citizen) Social Security and California Driver’s License

· Copy of Beneficiary’s (Alien Spouse) passport (ID page, entry stamp, B-1/B-2 Visa, I-194)

· Copy of Marriage Certificate

· G325A Signed by US Citizen

· G325A Signed by Beneficiary

· Passport photo of US Citizen( Inside a plastic bag and stapled to G325A)

· Passport photo of Beneficiary (Inside a plastic bag and stapled to G325A)

· Evidence of Bona fide Marriage

Ø Affidavits of Bona Fide Marriage

Ø Copy of the Marriage Certificate

Ø Miscellaneous photos and stubs

Ø Civil Ceremony Photos

5. I-485 Application To Register Permanent Residence Or Adjust Status

· 2 Passport photos of Beneficiary (Inside a plastic bag and attached to form I-485)

· Copy of Birth Certificate with translation

· Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport( ID page, entry stamp, B1-B2 Visa, I-194)

· Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Completed by a Civil Surgeon sealed in envelope)

· G325A signed by beneficiary

· Form I-864 Affidavit of Support

· Petitioners (US Citizen) Passport (Biographical Page)

· IRS tax return transcripts from 2011-2013

· BAH proof of Monthly Deposits(Pay Stubs)

· Extra Money income Proof

· DD214 Honorable Discharge from the United States Marine Corps

6. I-765 Application For Employment Authorization

· G1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

· Form I-165 Application For Employment Authorization

· Copy of Beneficiary’s passport (ID page, entry stamp, B1-B2 visa, I-94)

7. I-131 Application

· G1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

· Form I-131 Application for Travel Document

· Copy of Beneficiary’s passport page (ID page, entry stamp, B1-B2 visa, I-94)

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date. Please feel free to contact me, if you have any questions. (818)******* Thank you very much for your help.

Sincerely,

Filed: Other Country: Poland
Timeline

Thanks . I have a cover letter similar to yours but my question is about more practical matter. Did you throw all forms and supporting documents together into one big envelope, or did you organize them somehow in the order using staples or other ways of attaching documents?

Thanks . I have a cover letter similar to yours but my question is about more practical matter. Did you throw all forms and supporting documents together into one big envelope, or did you organize them somehow in the order using staples or other ways of attaching documents?

Hi :)

Let me share to you what I did.. I used 1 small box (should fit all the envelopes) of Fed Ex enclosing 1 general cover letter for all the forms. Then, inside it, I also made brown envelopes for all the forms (ex. one for AOS or I-485, EAD or employment, AP /travel or I-130) . On the envelopes, I placed each cover letter and arranged the paper works per forms according to the step by step on my cover letter. I used paper clips since the USCIS wants it more than the staples.

Regarding the pictures, I printed it out on Walmart and just used collage prints to save money. Hope this helps :) I try to look at it as if I'm the one who will go on with my case to check it so I see to it it was well arranged :)

Goodluck and God Bless :)

Edited by sweet01
710-23-2014 - K1 interview (Phils): Approved
10-31-2014 - K1 Visa received
01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
03-20-2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Submission (day 0) ** date I submitted ***
03-24-2015 - NOA1 received (day 4)
03-27-2015 - NOA1 hard copies received (day 7)
04-06-2015 - Biometrics letter hard copy received (day 17)
04-16-2015 - Biometrics Appointment (day 27)
05-01-2015 - USCIS changed to Interview is scheduled (day 42)
05-06-2015 - Hardcopy of interview notice received ( I-797 C, NOA) (day 46)
06-02-2015- Conditional GC got approved (day 82) 
06-08-2015- Hard copy of Welcome notice received via mail (day 88)
06-10-2015- Actual GC received via mail  (day 90)
ROC
4/06/17 - Sent package (day 0)
4/7/17 -  USCIS received package (day 1) NOA date
4/14/17 - check encashed (day 😎
4/15/17 - NOA 1 received (day 9)
4/22/17 - Biometrics notice date (day 16)
4/29/17 - Biometrics notice letter received (day 23)
5/9/17 - Biometrics done (day 33)
3/19/18 - Case approved
3/23/18 - Approval letter received
4/6/18 - Actual 10-yr GC received 
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - filed N400 online (Friday) (day 0)
4/27/18 - paid/payment received (day 0)
4/27/18 - NOA date
5/21/18 - Biometrics done
7/25/18 - Interview letter date
8/31/18 - Scheduled interview. Got approved!
9/20/18 - Naturalization ceremony in Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA

"Seasons of waiting are designed to prepare you, stretch your faith, and get you ready for everything that's coming next" - curiano quotes life

• 1 year later...
On 7/13/2015 at 11:27 AM, Aimara Smirnov said:

You should have a cover letter, that includes everything in the package.

I recently sent out mine if you like, I show you mine, & hopefully clear up your assembling issue.

Can someone tell me if it is ok to send a jobletter from your second job and not the paystub?  Uscis already have job letter and paystubs from job number 1 and they send RFE for insufficient income so my husband get another job to make up the money.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
28 minutes ago, shay said:

Can someone tell me if it is ok to send a jobletter from your second job and not the paystub?  Uscis already have job letter and paystubs from job number 1 and they send RFE for insufficient income so my husband get another job to make up the money.

You can try but really they need pay stubs or other proof of income.

• 1 year later...

I separated my application into 6 folders, 3 papers on top and 1 sealed envelope. Below is the order I have. See more details here: https://diysimpleidea.blogspot.com/2019/02/diy-i-485-adjustment-of-status-2019.html#tips I hope this helps!

1. Two G-1450 Forms (on top) - Authorization for Credit Card Transactions for I-485 and I-130
  2. Main Cover Letter
  3. I-485 Folder - Adjustment of Status
  4. I-864 Folder - Affidavit of Support
  5. I-130 Folder - Petition for Alien Relative & I-130A Supplementary Information for Spouse Beneficiary
  6. Evidence of Bona-Fide Marriage Folder
  7. I-765 Folder - Application for Employment Authorization
  8. I-131 Folder - Application for Travel Document
  9. Sealed I-693 Envelope - Report of Medical Examination & Vaccination Record

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2019 at 11:18 AM, ychen76 said:

I separated my application into 6 folders, 3 papers on top and 1 sealed envelope. Below is the order I have. See more details here: https://diysimpleidea.blogspot.com/2019/02/diy-i-485-adjustment-of-status-2019.html#tips I hope this helps!

1. Two G-1450 Forms (on top) - Authorization for Credit Card Transactions for I-485 and I-130
  2. Main Cover Letter
  3. I-485 Folder - Adjustment of Status
  4. I-864 Folder - Affidavit of Support
  5. I-130 Folder - Petition for Alien Relative & I-130A Supplementary Information for Spouse Beneficiary
  6. Evidence of Bona-Fide Marriage Folder
  7. I-765 Folder - Application for Employment Authorization
  8. I-131 Folder - Application for Travel Document
  9. Sealed I-693 Envelope - Report of Medical Examination & Vaccination Record

Hey, everything was fine with two G-1450 forms put on the top of all package? Was thinking if I should put both on top or one on top I-485 and second on top I-130.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/30/2019 at 12:21 AM, Karla1985 said:

Hey, everything was fine with two G-1450 forms put on the top of all package? Was thinking if I should put both on top or one on top I-485 and second on top I-130.

Thanks!

I would put both on top because they want to see your payment first before they review your case. I added a sticky note to say what the payment was for and there was no issues. https://diysimpleidea.blogspot.com/2019/02/diy-i-485-adjustment-of-status-2019.html

On 11/25/2019 at 6:54 PM, Juaco said:

Did you send all these forders/packet to the same address  (forms130, 485, 864, 131, 765)?

If you are filing concurrently, yes it is going to the same address. You can find your address on USCIS's website. This is what I did for mine: https://diysimpleidea.blogspot.com/2019/02/diy-i-485-adjustment-of-status-2019.html#shipping

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.