karlosb10

One way or round trip for fiance

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance in the Philippines was approved and is going through the process of getting her visa. I'm just wondering if when she gets the visa if she will buy a one way ticket or does it have to be a roundtrip?

My fiance in the Philippines was approved and is going through the process of getting her visa. I'm just wondering if when she gets the visa if she will buy a one way ticket or does it have to be a roundtrip?

Just one way. You don't have plans to send her back already?? hahaha

God Bless, My wife is from the Philippines.

David

I just don't know if there are any requirements for having a ticket back in case something goes wrong.

No there is no such requirement.

I am curious though that you state that your wife has been approved and is applying for her visa. This statement concerns me. Who pre-approved her? Where are you in the process?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

On the contrary, she can't leave and come back unless she has Advance Parole!

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello karlosb,

Check the price of the tickets, From The Netherlands to the USA an one way way ticket ( $1400 ) is almost double the price of a round trip ticket ( $ 820 ). I know, crazy but true .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I am curious though that you state that your wife has been approved and is applying for her visa. This statement concerns me. Who pre-approved her? Where are you in the process?

It sounded to me that she got approved and is just waiting for the visa to be issued. I could be wrong though

Timeline

Hello karlosb,

Check the price of the tickets, From The Netherlands to the USA an one way way ticket ( $1400 ) is almost double the price of a round trip ticket ( $ 820 ). I know, crazy but true .

It's ok to buy a roundtrip ticket in order to save money just not a requirement. If you do buy a round trip ticket make sure you cancel the return ticket with the airline after the fiancee is here.

Timeline

Thanks. No need to be concerned though, my fiance was approved by the USCIS and now is getting the medical before the interview in her country.

Timeline

It's ok to buy a roundtrip ticket in order to save money just not a requirement. If you do buy a round trip ticket make sure you cancel the return ticket with the airline after the fiancee is here.

Good point, I didn't think of that. Do you know what happens if you don't cancel the ticket? Just curious...

Timeline

Good point, I didn't think of that. Do you know what happens if you don't cancel the ticket? Just curious...

Airlines have been known to report the person on the airline manifest...basically saying they've left the country. Huge problems at A.O.S. time. There are threads here about it. I'm on my cell or I'd link them. Just make sure after the fiancee is her to call the airline and cancel that's all I can say about it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Airlines have been known to report the person on the airline manifest...basically saying they've left the country. Huge problems at A.O.S. time. There are threads here about it. I'm on my cell or I'd link them. Just make sure after the fiancee is her to call the airline and cancel that's all I can say about it.

When I visited the US at Christmas, my airline didn't report me as leaving! I was under VWP...

Thank god I returned within 90 days. The CBP guard was quite confused as they obviously still had me in the country. Well done, QANTAS!

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Dozens of threads exist on this topic, so this thread is closed to further comment. The crucial advice here (as in the other threads) is to cancel the return portion of the ticket after the beneficiary is in the U.S.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.