37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome to the July Support and Rant Thread, we are hear to help and comfort t4621.gif each other through this very difficult and arduous journey. You can complain, get angry and cry here you can ask questions and we will do our best to answer them but links below will be helpful to you in this process please use them. Also feel free to be happy and announce good news of any kind we are here for each other happy or sad. t4582.gif
There is no such thing as off topic here, this is your thread, we are family and will stand by your side when you need us.

Please no negativity we are under enough stress to have deal with it here, ty.

***** If you need questions answered during your NVC processing please go to the NVC Filers - July 2015 thread:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/555210-nvc-filers-july-2015/

Please on this http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/555210-nvc-filers-july-2015/study the first page
If link above doesn't work please enter NVC Filers - April 2015 in VJ search and you'll find it there.
Saylin aka 129fs238648.gif has for you

it is full of very helpful information you will need for this part of the process, read it over and over again.

When you are done with NVC and receive Case Complete you will need to go to Dwheels thread, for those waiting for
interviews she's a sweet heart and is extremely helpful, link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/555216-august-2015-interviews/
If link above doesn't work please enter May 2015 Interview in VJ search and you'll find it there.
Please also read the first page here carefully so you will be prepared and it will answer a lot of you questions.

Please call Her Dwheelsness her Majesty or just plain Her Dwheelsness She is royalty you know. graphics-queen-938344.gif

Let the games begin. kurby2.gif This way :D kurby2.gif

NOTHING IS OFF TOPIC ON THIS THREAD!

Links for Emotecons :) use them as freely as you wish. :D
http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html
http://www.freesmileys.org/
http://yoursmiles.org/index.php
http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/

mini-graphics-dancing-and-singing-259303h0403.gifegyptian.gifmini-graphics-dancing-and-singing-2593030

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA please help us and yourself make a video and contact Janelle2002 to add your video.

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

Spoiler

-----------------------------------------

Edited by Penguin_ie

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome to the July Support and Rant Thread, we are hear to help and comfort t4621.gif each other through this very difficult and arduous journey. You can complain, get angry and cry here you can ask questions and we will do our best to answer them but links below will be helpful to you in this process please use them. Also feel free to be happy and announce good news of any kind we are here for each other happy or sad. t4582.gif

There is no such thing as off topic here, this is your thread, we are family and will stand by your side when you need us.

Please no negativity we are under enough stress to have deal with it here, ty.

***** If you need questions answered during your NVC processing please go to the NVC Filers - July 2015 thread:

http://www.supremeco...ontact_pio.aspx

Read Article here,http://www.pri.org/s...d-supreme-court

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Great to have you back!

Timeline

Sigh... Three weeks since interview and one week since the Cairo embassy getting back online after the technical issues, still no visa. Not even an update on the CEAC, still says ready for interview. We emailed the embassy a couple of days ago and they said that our visa was in the final stage and would be issued shortly, but still nothing.

I know I shouldn't complain because at least we know we will be getting the visa, while there are some of you here that have been waiting in AP for ages, and there are others that have no idea if they will ever get their visa, but I just can't help myself. This has been such a long process considering we were expedited at USCIS because of my grandfather not being well. I just need it to be over.

Anyhow, that is may rant for the day.

USCIS

10/11/2014 – Mailed I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox
10/14/2014 – I-130 packet signed for
10/15/2014 – Priority date assigned
10/19/2014 – Acceptance confirmation email received
10/20/2014 – Check cashed
10/24/2014 – Received I-797C (NOA1)
10/27/2014 – Faxed the USCIS expedite packet to the Senator's office
10/29/2014 – Expedite request sent to USCIS from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/05/2014 – USCIS approved I-130 petition
11/07/2014 – USCIS sent case to the NVC for processing
11/08/2014 – Received I-797, Approval!!! (NOA2)

NVC

11/11/2014 - Emailed the NVC Expedite Packet to the Senator's office
11/12/2014 - Expedite request sent to NVC from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/12/2014 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/28/2014 - Received confirmation email from NVC, expedite request was received and is being processed
12/09/2014 - NVC Case number assigned
12/10/2014 - NVC Welcome letter email
12/10/2014 - Submitted form DS-261
12/11/2014 - AOS fee invoiced
12/12/2014 - AOS fee submitted
12/15/2014 - AOS fee shows paid
12/16/2014 - Sent AOS and IV packets
12/17/2014 - AOS and IV packets received by NVC
12/17/2014 - Embassy denied expedite without a reason, informed over the phone by Hazel from NVC

12/19/2014 - Received email from NVC confirming AOS and IV packets received, scan date 12/17
12/19/2014 - IV fee invoiced

12/19/2014 - IV fee submitted
12/23/2014 - IV fee shows paid

12/26/2014 - Submitted DS-260
02/17/2015 - Case complete!!! :)
05/04/2015 - Interview date received by phone, scheduled for 06/10/2015

05/08/2015 - Received P4 email

US Embassy Cairo

05/12/2015 - Embassy received case from NVC

06/10/2015 - Interview approved!!! :)

07/20/2015 - Visa received

Hi everyone! Hope all is well or at least the best it can be in our situation. Interview in 13 days, will see my husband in 10 days after over a year. Can't wait to see him!!!

Timeline

Hi everyone!

I just wanna say that I have been in a long distance relationship for over 5 years now.

I had already applied for a fiance visa for him but a certain someone who hated my (then) fiance ruined the whole case for us and we had to withdraw.

Now after we got married and all the family drama is over with, we are in the last stages of the CR1 process.....and it is ABSOLUTE TORTURE :crying:

I hate NVC for being so unpredictable.

After 5 years of tumult and separation and tears I realize that this new month of July or August could be life-changing for the both of us and

could finally close this stupid gap.....I just want to tell other long-distance couples to hang in there please and have faith.

If this is truly the person that makes you happy, fight for them through everything that's trying to separate you guys, fight the distance, and fight the grudges

and egos that keep you back from approaching them and saying you're sorry or that you love them even if they were wrong. Blame the distance and not being

able to hug them through a tough situation. Value your relationship more than your egos. Hang in there everyone and I hope that everyone get's united with their loved ones soon!

Best wishes (F)(L)

Welcome to the thread and I'll be praying the last stage will be an easy one for you and soon you'll get your Visa and a normal life. God bless and help us on in this endless journey. (F) (L) (F)

Great to have you back!

Aww thank you so much kemtan your so kind. I'm a little turned around still, I'm having such a great time just feeling normal with my husband that I forgot what day it was and didn't post this thread when I should have, sorry for that. :) So happy to see you post. (F) (L) (F)

Sigh... Three weeks since interview and one week since the Cairo embassy getting back online after the technical issues, still no visa. Not even an update on the CEAC, still says ready for interview. We emailed the embassy a couple of days ago and they said that our visa was in the final stage and would be issued shortly, but still nothing.

I know I shouldn't complain because at least we know we will be getting the visa, while there are some of you here that have been waiting in AP for ages, and there are others that have no idea if they will ever get their visa, but I just can't help myself. This has been such a long process considering we were expedited at USCIS because of my grandfather not being well. I just need it to be over.

Praying you get your Visa this week and you have all the right in the world to complain it's your reality not anyone elses.

I can't wait for you to post, VISA IN HAND, HUSBAND ON THE WAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooo Hoooo

(F) (L) (F)

HI Maharosa.... I completely understand how you feel. This waiting after an approved interview is horrible. It's like being falsely imprisoned, with no representation. I'm happy for the same sex couples who now have the right to marry here, but what about our marriage equality? Americans should have the right to marry whomever they wish, and ACTUALLY LIVE WITH THEM! We need to petition for marriage equality...Immigration marriage equality. How the Embassys discriminate makes me sick. You know if I was a white guy in my 50's or 60's and I petitioned for my brown, muslim wife, she'd get her visa issued the next day. This happens all over the world. White guys have no problems compared to us. Military men, too. It's really not fair how these guys get the easy street, it's PLAIN DISCRIMINATION :protest: against American women petitioners! Anyway...I feel your pain, and eventhough it could take till we die...( then they'll issue it... I don't care, I'm here, and will ALWAYS wait for my husband, and it's just so tragic for us women! How we have to suffer with all the burden, all the time, and our men can't even help us, like they want because they are bound by invisible legal chains for no reason. SAD!!!!

I'm with you 100%, I love my husband and they will not dictate to me who I can and can NOT love. Your right they do disciminate against us because we're women and men for the most part are free to marry who they wish no matter the circumstances. One old man in his 90's married a 18 year old and had no problem getting the visa. Don't ask me where I saw this because I didn't I read it on another thread but it didn't give the thread I don't think. I'm just sick to death of this tired game girl I want it to end with a Visa for all of us soon. Sometimes I feel I'm in a nightmare and I'll wake up and my husband is next to me at home in CA. (F) (L) (F)

Hi everyone! Hope all is well or at least the best it can be in our situation. Interview in 13 days, will see my husband in 10 days after over a year. Can't wait to see him!!!

Oh how wonderful I'll be praying the interview goes smoothly and you get your visa with no problem! Please don't forget to let us know and I for one will be praying like mad!! (F)(L)(F)

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello my dear friends, I wish ever best of luck this month. I know this will be the one in which I will be reunited with my husband, finally after 18 month journey.

Checklist no. #2 : 2/3/2015
Scan date #2: 2/5/2015
Case Complete: 4/14/2015 FINALLY super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

Interview: 5/12/2015

RESULT: Approved (finally on 2/10/2016 after 8 months in AP)

Visa in Hand: ?
POE: ?

Timeline

Inshallah this month going to be the month we receive our passports with a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee visa stamp on it ( ALL OF US) :D :D :D, we are all so exhausted but better positive than negative. Pain will be over soon :)

Welcome to the thread and I'll be praying the last stage will be an easy one for you and soon you'll get your Visa and a normal life. God bless and help us on in this endless journey. (F) (L) (F)

Aww thank you so much kemtan your so kind. I'm a little turned around still, I'm having such a great time just feeling normal with my husband that I forgot what day it was and didn't post this thread when I should have, sorry for that. :) So happy to see you post. (F) (L) (F)

Praying you get your Visa this week and you have all the right in the world to complain it's your reality not anyone elses.

I can't wait for you to post, VISA IN HAND, HUSBAND ON THE WAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooo Hoooo

(F) (L) (F)

I'm with you 100%, I love my husband and they will not dictate to me who I can and can NOT love. Your right they do disciminate against us because we're women and men for the most part are free to marry who they wish no matter the circumstances. One old man in his 90's married a 18 year old and had no problem getting the visa. Don't ask me where I saw this because I didn't I read it on another thread but it didn't give the thread I don't think. I'm just sick to death of this tired game girl I want it to end with a Visa for all of us soon. Sometimes I feel I'm in a nightmare and I'll wake up and my husband is next to me at home in CA. (F) (L) (F)

Oh how wonderful I'll be praying the interview goes smoothly and you get your visa with no problem! Please don't forget to let us know and I for one will be praying like mad!! (F)(L)(F)

Thank you Soloenta for your wishes and prayers.

:dancing: So happy and excited for you!!! It's been 8 months since I've visited my husband...so I know how hard that is! :crying:

kiss.gifhave fun! kiss.gif And best wishes for immediate ISSUED!! :goofy:

Thank you!! It's been really hard but it was all building up.to this day. ?

I'm in the same boat as you give or take a few days. It is literally stunning that they approve you a visa and then you have to wait weeks to receive it.

It has been 5 months since my CC at the NVC when I thought all the pain was over. But no, it's continued and unsurprising incompetence by US government systems.

What annoys me most is that people with their interview the day before me received their visas within 8-9 days. For me now it has been 12 days and CEAC still says bloody 'ready' as if I haven't had my damn interview.

Edited by newtothelift

I'm in the same boat as you give or take a few days. It is literally stunning that they approve you a visa and then you have to wait weeks to receive it.

It has been 5 months since my CC at the NVC when I thought all the pain was over. But no, it's continued and unsurprising incompetence by US government systems.

What annoys me most is that people with their interview the day before me received their visas within 8-9 days. For me now it has been 12 days and CEAC still says bloody 'ready' as if I haven't had my damn interview.

I feel your pain...its like they stabbed you with a knife and now they just twisting it. I have had a few people with interviews after mine and they already have had their notification to pick up their passport....while I'm sitting her waiting and be like...are you for real? Its so stressful I'm like be done with it already! you approved me over 2 weeks ago....why am I still here??????? Mine even says issued but apparently there is more waiting after that.....and those after me - issued and delivery of visa within 5 days.

USCIS PROCESSING

Dec 15th 14 I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox
Dec 18th 14 Package received by USCIS - PRIORITY DATE
Dec 22nd 14 Received NOA1 - Sent to Vermont Service Center
Jan 14th 15 Received NOA2. Case Approved with no RFEs
..............................................................................................................................
NVC PROCESSING

Feb 20th 15 Case/IIN No assigned by NVC - allocated to Montreal Consulate
Feb 27TH 15 Received letter from NVC
Mar 1st 15 DS-261 Completed and submitted to NVC
Mar 10th 15 Paid AOS
Apr 3rd 15 Receive IV Bill + Paid IV Bill
Apr 8th 15 IV Fee left bank marked as paid
Apr 8th 15 DS-260 Completed
Apr 9th 15 Sent in IV & AOS packages
Apr 13th 15 Package delivered to NVC
Apr 13th 15 Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt - scan date
May 12th 15 Case Complete with NO Checklist (29 DAYS)
..............................................................................................................................
MONTREAL CONSULATE PROCESSING

May 15th 15 Case sent to Montreal embassy
May 27th 15 Medical in Toronto ,ON
Jun 17th 15 Interview Date in Montreal - APPROVED!!!!
Jul 2nd 15 ISSUED !!!! - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 6th 15 Visa in FINAL PROCESSING - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 8th 15 Email from Loomis/Waybill received
Jul 10th 15 Visa Received IN HAND!!!
Jul 13th 15 Point of Entry in Buffalo, NY

Timeline

Hello my dear friends, I wish ever best of luck this month. I know this will be the one in which I will be reunited with my husband, finally after 18 month journey.

Thank you my friend and I'm so very happy that at last you will be with your dear husband. Finally the peace and normal life we all want will be yours. You have no idea how much joy I find in each and every one of your victories. (L) :dance: :yes: :dance:(L)

Inshallah this month going to be the month we receive our passports with a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee visa stamp on it ( ALL OF US) :D :D :D, we are all so exhausted but better positive than negative. Pain will be over soon :)

God willing all of you will be reunited this month for sure, I can't wait for the great news. :)(L)

Thank you Soloenta for your wishes and prayers.

My pleasure sweet heart :)(L)

God Bless America & God Bless Us All with ISSUEDs!

Hope you all had a great 4 Th sorry was out of internet so couldn't post. Much love and hugs to all of you and many prayers for interviews, approvals and Visa's in hand. (L) (L)

I know, they love to torture us to the very last second but have a little more patience your Visa is coming very soon then all will be happiness of a normal life. My prayers for all of you will continue until your husbands and wives are home and safe with all of you. (L) (L)

I feel your pain...its like they stabbed you with a knife and now they just twisting it. I have had a few people with interviews after mine and they already have had their notification to pick up their passport....while I'm sitting her waiting and be like...are you for real? Its so stressful I'm like be done with it already! you approved me over 2 weeks ago....why am I still here??????? Mine even says issued but apparently there is more waiting after that.....and those after me - issued and delivery of visa within 5 days.

The problem is we all think logically and are guided by common sense which these government departments are devoid of. If you try to make sense of how they fuction you'll go insane. :(:ranting:

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

Returned to USCIS

01-29-2015 - Medical

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Now the embassy in DR has been closed since yesterday do to technical difficulties. They are rescheduling interviews as the go.

Just have to hooe is fixed before weekend or hope.I get a new date before then to change my flight. ?

Timeline

Hi all! How is everyone holding up? I hope all is as well as things can be while waiting to get through this horrid never ending nightmare of a process!

USCIS

10/11/2014 – Mailed I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox
10/14/2014 – I-130 packet signed for
10/15/2014 – Priority date assigned
10/19/2014 – Acceptance confirmation email received
10/20/2014 – Check cashed
10/24/2014 – Received I-797C (NOA1)
10/27/2014 – Faxed the USCIS expedite packet to the Senator's office
10/29/2014 – Expedite request sent to USCIS from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/05/2014 – USCIS approved I-130 petition
11/07/2014 – USCIS sent case to the NVC for processing
11/08/2014 – Received I-797, Approval!!! (NOA2)

NVC

11/11/2014 - Emailed the NVC Expedite Packet to the Senator's office
11/12/2014 - Expedite request sent to NVC from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/12/2014 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/28/2014 - Received confirmation email from NVC, expedite request was received and is being processed
12/09/2014 - NVC Case number assigned
12/10/2014 - NVC Welcome letter email
12/10/2014 - Submitted form DS-261
12/11/2014 - AOS fee invoiced
12/12/2014 - AOS fee submitted
12/15/2014 - AOS fee shows paid
12/16/2014 - Sent AOS and IV packets
12/17/2014 - AOS and IV packets received by NVC
12/17/2014 - Embassy denied expedite without a reason, informed over the phone by Hazel from NVC

12/19/2014 - Received email from NVC confirming AOS and IV packets received, scan date 12/17
12/19/2014 - IV fee invoiced

12/19/2014 - IV fee submitted
12/23/2014 - IV fee shows paid

12/26/2014 - Submitted DS-260
02/17/2015 - Case complete!!! :)
05/04/2015 - Interview date received by phone, scheduled for 06/10/2015

05/08/2015 - Received P4 email

US Embassy Cairo

05/12/2015 - Embassy received case from NVC

06/10/2015 - Interview approved!!! :)

07/20/2015 - Visa received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.