Saylin

NVC Filers - July 2015

884 posts in this topic

I think I need to read through this thread from the beginning.

I received our IV bill today, AOS was received Monday. I can't access the online payment portal.

Do you have to wait until the payment is processed before the ds260 becomes available? I've heard mailing in the payment takes forever to be processed. But I'm not sure we have any other option.

I'll give it a few more days, but I've called multiple times and they can't help, just say it isn't normal and they don't know why mine is still erroring.

Yes, the DS-260 won't become available until after the IV bill is paid and shows as thus in the payment portal.

If you look at the last couple pages, it seems like others have been waiting a few days to pay bills as well, so you're not alone.

We have attorney in case. So did I need to submit DS260 form?

Doesn't matter if you have an attorney or not, the DS-260 is mandatory for all IR-1/CR-1 applicants.

Thanks saylin. How many days it takes to upgrade visa category from F2A to IR1?

You're welcome.

And no idea, sorry.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just received a checklist stating that i am missing my IV fee and seeing that i received my iv invoice earlier this morning, i am assuming this is a false checklist, would i be correct?

Hi guys,

I was able to fill out DS-261 on Monday July 20. I have been trying to pay the AOS fee since then and it Says that my case is in the process of termination. I read the wiki and it says not to panic, but I wonder how long until I am able to pay this fee and move this process up.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi guys,

I was able to fill out DS-261 on Monday July 20. I have been trying to pay the AOS fee since then and it Says that my case is in the process of termination. I read the wiki and it says not to panic, but I wonder how long until I am able to pay this fee and move this process up.

I was able to pay my AOS 6 days after submitting the ds261.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

My husband and I are filing for a CR-1 visa. We have paid our AOS/IV fee and submitted our DS-261/DS-260. We have submitted via EP. Our scan date was April 21.

After 36 days we were placed under supervisor review (May 27).
On July 8 (the 42 days they tell you it takes for supervisor review) our case still hadn't been looked at.
On July 10 I spoke directly to a supervisor who flagged our case for Unit Manager review, because apparently supervisors don't have access to EP cases.
I was told on Monday by a rep that usually Unit Manager cases take just a few days to process. Today I was told by a different rep that our clock has restarted and we are going to be waiting another 42 days for a review.

Today is the 92nd day we have spent waiting without word after our scan date. No checklist. Nothing. The file is just sitting there.

My husband sent out a release form to our state senator allowing her to look into our case last week, but is there anything else I can do? I feel hopeless at this point. Another 42 days will put us almost at 6 months just for a first review, and a checklist could follow meaning the timer starts all over again.

Any advise is appreciated. :(

Edited by ArroTG

September 29, 2012 - First met through a writing forum
January 5, 2014 - Engaged!
June 27, 2014 - Married!

USCIS:
September 23, 2014 - Sent off I-130 package
September 29, 2014 - Priority Date
September 30, 2014 - NOA1
March 26, 2015 - NOA2
April 2, 2015 - Case shipped to NVC

NVC:
April 13, 2015 - Case Number/IIN received
April 15, 2015 - DS-261 submitted
April 15, 2015 - AOS fee paid
April 21, 2015 - AOS package submitted
April 21, 2015 - IV package submitted
April 21, 2015 - Scan date

April 30, 2015 - DS-261 reviewed over the phone

May 12, 2015 - IV fee paid (late due to "EP lock")
May 13, 2015 - DS-260 submitted

May 27, 2015 - AOS/IV packages still not reviewed, flagged for supervisor review

July 10, 2015 - Supervisor review does nothing, flagged for unit manager review
August 11, 2015 - Case Complete!

Interview:

October 6, 2015 - Medical

October 13, 2015 - Interview date (AP - need to submit copy of 2014 W2)
October 21, 2015 - Visa status changed to "READY" and then a few hours later "ISSUED"

October 28, 2015 - Passport received (was available for pickup Oct. 27)
October 28, 2015 - POE fee paid
October 30, 2015 - POE!

After POE:
November 9, 2015 - Received SSN (checked off option to apply on forms)
December 1, 2015 - Received Green Card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

MargaYRob

I'm in the same situation as you. I was able to submit the DS261 on 7/10. I try every day to pay the AOS, but I'm getting the same message as you. I called again today to the NVC and was told they were going to flag it for a supervisor to look at it as I should be able to pay the AOS fee now. They also said I should be able to pay the IV fee in a week as they reviewed my DS261 on the phone today too. I'll keep you advised when anything changes. Can you also post if anything changes for you?

Thanks,

MargaYRob

I'm in the same situation as you. I was able to submit the DS261 on 7/10. I try every day to pay the AOS, but I'm getting the same message as you. I called again today to the NVC and was told they were going to flag it for a supervisor to look at it as I should be able to pay the AOS fee now. They also said I should be able to pay the IV fee in a week as they reviewed my DS261 on the phone today too. I'll keep you advised when anything changes. Can you also post if anything changes for you?

Thanks,

Thank you,

I called yesterday and they said I should be able to pay the fee in 1 to 5 days. I will let you know if anything changes. They also said I could send the payment by mail but I really want to just do it online.

I was able to pay my AOS 6 days after submitting the ds261.

Thank you, I am going to wait until monday. Hopefully It will work for me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i was gonna check my case but its taking too long, i dont think its because the internet connection , maybe its because the website

have you the same issue ??????,

the website is awfully slow since morning, others posted as well. took me 4 tries to get in.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Do NVC reply to e mails or they just ignore them?? I sent two e mails asking about my case and heard nothing its been 32 days since I sent back my checklist for AOS :ranting::crying:

I sent them an email with agent selection on 05/20/15

I received the replay two days ago

Its more like 45-50 days response time

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks to those who urged me to call NVC and be persistent. Here's what I found - NVC has never received the case. USCIS admits they never sent it. Why? They won't say. The immigration officer I spoke with at USCIS said obviously something has gone wrong, but nothing on his computer tells him what happened. Heck - it could even be lost. But he said he would "put in an inquiry" and I have to wait (yet again) for a response to come in the mail. And if I don't hear anything in two weeks, I have to call them again - - so they can put in another inquiry, for which I will have to wait another two weeks.......and on......and on.....and on.

This is truly ABSURD!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.