JuliaWlh

Malaysian language translation help needed

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Are you not fluent in English and Malaysian? If you are, you can translate the documents yourself.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Libya
Timeline

The U.S. Embassy should specify approved official translators on their website for your country. You have to get them translated with one of them.

19-Sept-14: I-129F Delivered

23-Sept-14: NOA1 (I-797C ~ Texas Lockbox accepted I-129F)

24-Sept-14: NOA1 (E-mail & Text)

Sent to California Service Center

3-Nov-14: Requested expedite by mailed letter with UN Human Rights Reports (Humanitarian Situation)

14-Nov-14: NOA2 (I-129F Petition Approved ~ E-mail & Text)

1-Dec-14: NVC Received Case

2-Dec-14: NVC Case Number Assigned

9-Dec-14: Embassy Received

3-Feb-15: "Package 3" Received/Turned In

25-Feb-15: "Package 4" - Received Interview Date

19-Mar-15: Interview ~ Approved

27-Mar-15: Visa Issued

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

What are you applying for? What is the marriage certificate for, and where are the instructions that told you about needing the translations?

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Where would you like to do your translation? In US or Malaysia ?

I did my bahasa birth certificate translation in a Supreme court in Singapore. They have a translation unit in the Supreme court offering translation from Bahasa to English, from Mandarin to English and from Tamil to English .

If you are doing your translation in Malaysia, will you able to check with any court in Malaysia?

Edited by Angelthebear

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I had the same problem (birth certificate was in Bahasa Malaysia). All I did was went to a JPN (Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara) branch and get a new birth certificate extract, which will be printed in two languages, BM AND English!. Only for RM5. And yes my visa got approved, so they will definitely accept the birth extract.

The other commentor was right too, you can also take your birth cert to be translated by a certified translator, but it costs like RM100 :/

Edit: Sorry I re-read and noticed about your marriage certificate. I don't know much about that marriage certificate, maybe you have to take it to a translator.

Edited by JuLu

K-1 Visa
I-129F Sent : 2014-08-20
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-08-27
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-29
NVC Received : 2014-11-20
NVC Left : 2014-11-20
Packet 3 Received : 2014-12-04
Packet 3 Sent : 2015-01-09
Packet 4 Received : 2015-01-14
Interview Date : 2015-02-24
Interview Result : Approved!! (L)
Visa Received : 2015-03-02
US Entry : 2015-04-02

Adjustment of Status, EAD & AP
Date Filed : 2015-05-19
NOA Date : 2015-05-21
Bio. Appt. : 2015-06-12

Submitted inquiry regarding EAD : 2015-08-10

Email reply received : 2015-08-12

EAD & AP Approved Date : 2015-08-12

EAD Approval Letter Received : 2015-08-17

Adjustment of Status

Interview Date : 2015-11-06

Approval Date : 2015-11-13 (L) (L) (L)

Greencard Received: 2015-11-16

Removing Condition Petition I-751

Date Filed : 2017-09-26
NOA Date : 2017-10-06
Bio. Appt. : 2017-10-23

Approval Date : 2018-12-20 (L) (L) (L)

Greencard Received: 2018-12-24

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your reply and i appreciate much.

I am already in US, so to bring to the JPN or court in Malaysia to have the translation done is not the choice at all.

The documents do not need to be done by the professional or certified translator, but it has to be done by friends or someone who is fluent in both English and Malaysian language, and to be translated in the word-for-word format.

I have found an attorney back in Malaysia to do it for me with the charge of course. :(

Thanks a lot for all of your time and effort. Really appreciate that.

Regards.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if for I-130 or I-485, you can translate it yourself, using the attestation statement about your abilities in both languages.

No, I'm not kidding.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

if for I-130 or I-485, you can translate it yourself, using the attestation statement about your abilities in both languages.

No, I'm not kidding.

Hi Darnell.

Thank you very much for your reply. Apparently the requirement is quite confusing isn't it? My agent advise that i CANNOT translate it myself, and i just found this website (if you read through), the author advised that the petitioner is able to translate him/herself, but then there was a reply at the bottom from someone saying that USCIS sent him a letter for him to re-submit the translated document as he was not supposed to do it himself.

http://immigrationroad.com/blog/certification-by-translator-translating-foreign-language-documents-into-english/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

LA is a big place. let me know if you have difficulty finding someone local to translate for you, and i'll give you some tips about how to find someone.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

LA is a big place. let me know if you have difficulty finding someone local to translate for you, and i'll give you some tips about how to find someone.

Thanks a lot Darnell.

I have already contacted an attorney in Malaysia to do the work. I am awaiting for them to get back to me.

I will definitely seek your help if that does not work out.

Appreciate much of your advice.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Darnell.

Thank you very much for your reply. Apparently the requirement is quite confusing isn't it? My agent advise that i CANNOT translate it myself, and i just found this website (if you read through), the author advised that the petitioner is able to translate him/herself, but then there was a reply at the bottom from someone saying that USCIS sent him a letter for him to re-submit the translated document as he was not supposed to do it himself.

http://immigrationroad.com/blog/certification-by-translator-translating-foreign-language-documents-into-english/

USCIS has accepted many self-translated documents. Their translation policy is described on their own website. They just want a certain certification from whoever does the translation. > http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

You have no timeline and have not answered the question as to what you are applying for. I am wanting to place your topic in the correct forum, and since you are already married and within the US, I know the K-1 fiance(e) visa forum is not the correct place.

Are you married to a USC and applying for AOS? If so, from what visa are you adjusting(which visa did you enter the US with)? If not, what exactly are you applying for?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.