Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'translation'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion
    • K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures
    • IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures
    • Direct Consular Filing (DCF) General Discussion
    • Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America
    • Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America
    • What Visa Do I Need - Family Based Immigration
  • Non-Family Based US Visa Discussion
    • Tourist Visas
    • Work Visas
    • Student & Exchange Visitor Visas
    • Diversity Lottery Visas
    • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
  • Consulate & USCIS Service Center Discussion
    • National Visa Center (Dept of State)
    • US Embassy and Consulate Discussion
    • Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)
    • USCIS Service Centers
  • US Visa Holder and Permanent Resident Immigration Discussion
    • Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from K1 and K3 Family Based Visas
    • Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas
    • Working & Traveling During US Immigration
    • Tax & Finances During US Immigration
    • Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion
    • US Citizenship General Discussion
    • Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits
    • Military Immigration-Related Discussion
    • General Immigration-Related Discussion
  • General Discussion Area
    • Coronavirus Covid-19
    • Off Topic
    • Games While You Wait
    • Regional Discussion
    • Moving to the US and Your New Life In America
    • Finding Work in America
    • Emigrating Outside the US
    • Current Events and Hot Social Topics
    • Introducing our Members
    • General Polls
    • US Immigration News and Discussion
    • Site-Related Discussion - Updates, Ideas, etc.
  • Moderator and Organizer Forums (Hidden)


  • USCIS Immigration Processing Times

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



miles from

Is online?

Has photo?

Content Count

Between and

Last Visit

Between and



Immigration Status

Place benefits filed at

Local Office


Our Story

Found 9 results

  1. Has anyone gotten their civil documents approved without translations? My wife case is being handled in Guatemala (spanish speaking country) I am at the point where I will be submitting her civil documents though CEAC. All her documents are in spanish. I called NVC and asked if I had to translate her documents and the representative told me if documents are in the language of the country where the case is being handled then no need to translate them. So I am wondering if I am safe to submit without translation?
  2. I am filling out i-129f for my girl in China and all the questions about addresses is driving me nuts. First of all, I can't possibly fit any of the translated (from Chinese to English) addresses in the form. If I can't fit her company address in the from, should I put all the information in Part 8. Additional Information including the company name? Or should I still fill out the company name in the form and specify "See attachment" where the address should be? I know I am probably over-thinking this... Secondly, the section to fill in "Your Beneficiary's Name and Address in His or Her Native Alphabet" (49a~50f), what address is this referring to? Physical address? Mailing address? Address on her ID? Lastly, my girl is like a nomad... she's been living in so many different places that she can't even remember. How detail does the address history need to be? How much do they look into it? What is the purpose of this information? Thank you to anyone who can answer any of these questions. Really appreciate any help.
  3. Hi everyone! I live in Turkey and my partner and I are applying for the CR-1 visa. We have some apartments rent contracts that we want to submit with our application, but it needs to be translated to English first. Would it be ok if I translated the documents myself? or do i need to get a professional translator to do it? would that cause any problems? Thanks for help.
  4. As of May 29, the DS 160 requires inputting the beneficiary's social media handles. My fiancee has an account on Sina Weibo. Her handle is written using Chinese characters. The social media section of the DS-160 form does NOT accept Chinese characters (it converts them to gibberish). What should she do? (she could write out her handle using the "pinyin" romanization, but this would be misleading, because many Chinese characters share the same pinyin romanization, so there would be no way for an investigator to match her pinyin handle to her actual handle). I was originally going to post this in the China regional forum, but realized that it may be applicable for applicants outside of China, in other countries where non-Latin alphabets are used.
  5. Hey y'all My birth certificate is in Danish, I've read somewhere that you need to have it officially translated if foreign. Is there any USCIS approved specific website for that? (I assume some random person cant go ahead and translate it and call it a day) Thanks in advance for the help as usual! Kind regards, Fornbey
  6. Hi! I was wondering if I need to translate Spanish documents to fill CR1 paperwork. By documents I mean: birth certificate, police records, screenshots and chats. I can't find any information on official sites but I've read that it's not needed for Spanish documents.
  7. My wife's daughter is applying for tourist visa and needs birth certificate to be translated from Spanish to English, can I as Co sponsor translate her birth certificate from here, sign the translation, scan it and send it back to her? I'm worried about they really need the original signature.
  8. Hi everyone, my USC fiance and I are applying for a marriage license in my country, Vietnam. We're expecting to get the license by the end of November. He's in Vietnam right now and will come back to the US at the end of the month when we get the license. I want to prepare as many documents as possible on my end so that he can take it with him to the US for the I-130 package. My main question is: Do we have to get a notarized translation copy of the marriage license? Do we have to get the translation copy or original copy legalized by the embassy? I read that I don't need to go through an agency for this but want to double check. If you can point me to a link from the US government's website, that would be greatly appreciated as well. There are services in my country where they would translate then notarize that translation copy. Thank you!
  9. Merhaba, sana bir şey sormam lazım. Birkaç hata yaptığımızı fark ettik. 1- Pasaport pulları göndermedik 2-pasaport tarzı fotoğraf yanlış 5 × 5 değil 3-Benim adresim kapı numaram ile yanlış.(I am the beneficiary) my door number so turkey 4- facebook 9 yıl önce tanıştık ama facebook kullanmıyoruz, bu yüzden bunun için bir şey göndermedik. 5- biz çok fazla otel kuponu ve bilet gönderdik ama genellikle biz satın aldık ama ismimi, ismimi ve tüm İngilizce ve Türkçe bilenleri düşünelim. Benim sorunum bizi tamamen reddetti. Şimdi 4 aylık bitirmek. Rfe düşünüyorum ama reddetmekten korkuyorum. Üzgünüm ingilizcem
  • Create New...